Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 10.4

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Update 2019-08-12 (Build 2554)

Fixes:
    - [MP] Damage exploit

----

Update Alpha 10.4 (Build 2553)

Fixes:
    - 06646: CoQ triggered by o2 calculation

----

UPDATE: Alpha 10.4 (Build 2552)

Fixes:

- Telluropod & Desert golem do not damage the player when attacking

2. Our Grid

Our Grid Captain

Yes, I have noted that if an SV is parked there or something and then removed (via destroy or other manner), it does this perma grass removal perfectly flat like this.

3. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Rear Admiral

I can confirm this. Using the destroy command leaves a discolored square somewhere on the ground where the destroyed structure was. It seems to never go away either.

It is always a lighter shade than the terrain around it as well.

4. Combat Wombat

Combat Wombat Commander

Looking for someone to confirm. When I fly my cockpit SV to space and I have its oxygen disabled I do not consume oxygen from my suit anymore.

5. krazzykid2006

If you are talking about the closed cockpit, not the open cockpits, you can not disable oxygen use to the closed cockpits. As long as there is oxygen in a tank it will always be supplied to a closed cockpit.

The oxygen switch is only for ventilators. It has no impact on closed cockpits.

6. Combat Wombat

Combat Wombat Commander

That is definitely not how it used to work. Couldn't say when it changed though.

7. krazzykid2006

That is how it has always worked ever since the addition of the ventilator and that switch. I have quite a few of the past versions of the game saved on my secondary drive for testing(at least 50 different past versions of the game), it has always worked that way.

That switch does nothing more than tell all ventilators that are powered to depressurize and store back in the tanks if there is room, or if you are turning it on it tells all ventilators to pressurize.
    It has never done anything for the closed cockpits.
    You won't use suit oxygen until your ships oxygen tanks run empty.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019 at 10:34 PM
  8. Jacob Adjani

Jacob Adjani Captain

Hey krazykid, hope all is well - quick question: I've been wanting to setup a "prior version" repository for years... but I never bothered as I figured I wouldn't be able to get around the Steam version check and update process.

How did you manage this? If you don't mind sharing your method, I would love to try it out for myself! :)

9. krazzykid2006

If you simply copy the entire Empyrion folder elsewhere, such as a large unused backup drive, you can launch that copied version from the exe files inside the folder as long as you are running the Steam app and logged in (even though you aren't running it from the Steam directory.)

What started as a simple backup now became a repository of a lot of the Empyrion history. I have backup copies from nearly all the major version changes and a lot of the minor updates as well. I just every so often make a backup copy of the current version and label it accordingly.

I originally did it because I wanted to play the experimental branch for a major version change but still wanted to play the old stable branch to be able to play on servers, without having to waste my bandwith over and over switching back and forth.
    Yeah, you can even play online on a server from one of your backups as long as Steam is online. Can even be on 2 servers at the same time from different versions with everything still syncing correctly as long as your PC and internet can handle it.

No changes are needed inside Steam. Just simply copy the folder elsewhere and run it from exe's within the folder. You now have a version locked and it will never update.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019 at 2:41 AM
    Jacob Adjani likes this.
  10. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I used to do the same to preserve a game in progress while also tinkering with the latest Experimental release. More recently though I've purged any old game versions and just maintain the latest one.

It does please me when games allow this, i.e. they've not added any additional DRM over and above the basic Steam stuff - makes things very flexible and also allows for the use of RAM Drives where advantageous. Note: Empyrion doesn't really benefit from running off exceedingly fast Storage, but I tinker from time to time.

I hope this ability to maintain multiple instances of Empyrion is retained as it is very useful when wishing to maintain a game in progress while trying new stuff.

Scoob.

krazzykid2006 likes this.