Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 10.5: Optimizations

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I edited my post above, I'm a numpty lol.

Scoob.

ravien_ff likes this.
  2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Hope it works now! If not then definitely report it as a bug. :D

3. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Yes, it's working just fine now thanks. I did examine the file again and noticed that the game inserted the exact same line I did, but in a different place. It appears the information I found about editing this file was simply out of date.

So, it's fixed now, but it's still odd how my initial HV, while I never put too much stuff in it volume-wise, it nevertheless exhibited characteristics one expects from a heavily laden HV re: the tilting backwards due to container placement.

Scoob.

ravien_ff likes this.
  4. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Rear Admiral

It's not that odd that the HV behaved that way, in my opinion anyways.
    Do you remember this bug I'm posting a link to below? Well it never was reproducible by the devs and I'm still seeing it pop up from time to time. I'm betting you had the same bug pop up and go away on it's own somehow.

https://empyriononline.com/threads/hv-behavior-when-cargo-added-under-weight-volume.47561/

At the time we were reporting this issue it was 100% reproducible with certain saves and certain blueprints, but the devs still weren't able to repro it somehow. I was even able to download other members uploaded saves and reproduce it with 100% reliability but Hummel was unable to do the same for some reason. It seemed like everyone in the thread was able to repro it 100% except for Hummel.

Unfortunately that was how it was left and that was that.

Edit,
    In fact I can still to this day jump into that thread and grab one of the saves provided and load it up in 9.3.1 and it's still 100% reproducible for me.
    It comes and goes on more recent versions for me. No obvious way to reproduce it and it usually goes away with a reload now.

5. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

@krazzykid2006 - Yeah, I remember. I raised a bug report on it myself too, along with saves that 100% reproduced it for me. Yet, like you, the devs didn't see it when they loaded my save. I suspect something had perhaps changed in their build. I've not seen that bug come back for ages now, but I'd not be surprised if some of the weirdness I experienced was linked in some way. I mean, an HV behaving so wonky without V&W enabled? Most odd.

Ah, you can still reproduce it? It's like it's baked into your save / the HV in question some how....I wonder why Eleon could never see it? Some weird quirk of certain hardware / software of the PC? Seems very unlikely.

Scoob.

6. Jacob Adjani

Jacob Adjani Captain

7. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    As far as I know no

8. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Another little question about this build...

I've just made it into space and I notice that resource Asteroid are marked as POI's now, which is interesting. I assumed this meant I'd not have to mark them myself, but they'd appear when I'm in the "Space" playfield. However, I've just encounters a wrecked ship POI in space - it's the plot-related one - and I noticed that neither it, nor the resource asteroid show on the map - so I cannot mark them myself as I used to. What am I missing here? Perhaps I'm just a little rusty, or I've missed a change.

Scoob.

9. krazzykid2006

I never caught the change in the patch notes but am seeing the same thing. They show on the hud/minimap but never show up on the map even when you are literally right on top of them.

The only way I have been able to mark anything on the map in space ever since 10.0 is to use the player arrow as a reference point. If you right click on the arrow it will choose the players coordinates for the waypoint.
    This is okay for asteroids as I can get right on top of them and then make the waypoint. Not so much okay if I am trying to mark a hostile POI in space for example since I can't get close enough to mark it's exact coordinates.

It's no fun at all spending hours upon hours searching a space playfield for even a single resource asteroid only to have no real way of marking where it is. Unfortunately I learned too late the first time and had to spend an hour finding it again.

10. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Yeah, that's what I've been doing. Just getting near the object, then marking my position on the map and naming it after the object. It works fine of course, but not what we're used to. I wonder if it's intended behaviour?

Note: I do appreciate the somewhat subtle change that makes resource asteroids much easier to spot visually. I've been able to identify them at quit long range then head towards them. Of course, I thought I may have just imagined that a given asteroid looked a bit different when it didn't show up on the main map as I approached. Thankfully it was clear on the Minimap though.

Scoob.

11. krazzykid2006

Yes I can still reproduce it with 100% reliability IF I load those saves up in a 9.3.1 version of Empyrion. That was the version we reported it in and I happen to have a backup of Empyrion from that version. When I load any of the reported saves up in 9.3.1 I can reproduce it every time. If I load them up in a newer save it's unreliable.
    We reported as much in that thread but it got abandoned because they were on a newer version internally. Rather than reproduce it in the version we reported it in so it could be tracked properly and fixed.

As a result that bug still lingers to this day but now I can't find a way to reproduce it (in a recent version) to make it worth reporting properly.

12. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

The orbital map has been bugged like this for awhile now. I'm not sure what the status of the bug report is.

13. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Found out large random scenarios are bugged in multiplayer... Again. :mad::mad::mad:

14. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

:( well crap was hoping to play project eden too

ravien_ff likes this.
  15. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Works fine single player but coop and dedicated multiplayer isn't working. :(

If you want to test it single player I put up a temporary test version on the workshop for testing but it should work fine single player. You'll want to start a new game once A10.5 goes live though. I'll be updating the main version with all the changes.

The Tactician[ Λ ] likes this.
  16. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    If you have the resources to invest, maybe. But in this case you have an alternative. I doubt you can do the recipe in Early game already ;)

17. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    The CV are overpowered on planets with all the weapons. This might chance when we add other weapons unique to bases that can serve as a real theat to CVs. Together with the shields for BA being stronger than for CV, the weapons for planets might get released again. But we are not at that point right now. ;)

Maverick241 likes this.
  18. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Exactly.

19. Booyaah

Booyaah Captain

Yeah the clouds in orbit when you're within 700m of entering the atmo were really annoying, new planet models look nice

20. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

It IS possible - Arid Planet Desert Golems drop the rare stuff quite early - besides if you put the recipe in the Tech tree at level 15-20...:p