Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 10 - Part IV

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

By the way, the "ROF Rounding" is the same problem that exists for the return rate when getting back salvage parts. The number is divided and then all the leftover fractions are tossed away, meaning you get nothing back from salvage unless it has 3 of a component.

For example, say you have a block made from 2 power coils, 2 flux coils, 2 oscillators, 2 energy matrices, 2 computers, 2 motors, 2 nanotubes, 2 capacitors, 2 electronics, 2 metal plates, 2 hardened steel plates, 2 cobalt alloy. The T1 multitool will return 33% of those 24 components. How much is that?

NOTHING.

All that's needed is when iterating through all the subcomponents (which is already happening) is to at that point, instead of simply dividing the number by the return rate, take random (0-1) and if it's less than the return rate, add that component to the list of stuff that will be sent to the player's inventory. We will actually get 33% back and it will provide an experience much like salvaging things.

(Edited because it sent when I was in the middle of typing.)

Instead of:
    Code:
    foreach (component in recipe){
         for (int i =0; i< Math.floor(component.count / returnRate); i++){
              toInventory.Add(component);
         }
    }

This:

Code:
    foreach (component in recipe){
         for (int i =0; i<component.count; i++){
              if (nextFloat() < returnRate) toInventory.Add(component);
         }
    }

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    SacredGlade, Pach, Gromit and 8 others like this.
  2. Sylvado

Sylvado Lieutenant

Restarted but still do not have it on radar. However, last time I saw the post about it and waited for a fix, this I investigated a bit. It is not that it does not appear on radar for me, it can't find the playfield. I did a validation and everything checked good.

EDIT: The EPB file is in the folder with the others

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  3. Sylvado

Sylvado Lieutenant

Yep, I got the same thing.

4. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

I'm surprised it doesn't require pentaxid.

Inappropriate and Frigidman like this.
  5. miner

miner Lieutenant

Useless since it's impossible to find non-blueprints-enabled servers. There should be a filter on the browser.

6. miner

miner Lieutenant

The difference is obvious: In actualo survival, you build the ship surrounded by danger. In pretend survival, you log off, build anything you want with infinite resources and no enemies, then dump the ship online. Now that's dull. Stick to smaller ships which don't lag the servers to boot and you will not need to create ships offline then pretend you are playing a survival game (and most people don't even build shit, just dump stuff from the library).

7. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Please don't use the word MOST...You don't know this!
    And don't mix SP behavior with MP behavior those things don't fit together very well.

8. icehot

icehot Commander

Tbf I build a lot of stuff in creative to then spawn in survival, building stuff in survival is crap, you end up with mine craft style lego ships and stuff, nothing really cool.

Pach, jlego and ravien_ff like this.
  9. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Or DLC purchased charges so you can 'skin' your base or ship in shiney colors.

Germanicus likes this.
  10. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I do not dislike Players who build on Creative ONLY but it is necessary to build within the limits the Game gives you and not those super High end Vessels for which you would have to strip mine the whole Star System to gather all the Resources required.

I build only in SP/survival. The only time I take my BP into Creative is when I try around on them with different materials... which I could not afford in a Survival game. (You can follow my progress on the different tread in this forum where I post often what I am doing)
    I planed and build my BA, HV, SV and even a CV in Survival.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    jlego, ravien_ff and elmo like this.
  11. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

* Unless its co-op play, which generally is very SP behavior, but with a trusted friend (thus not needing all the stupid rules and regs of mp/pvp setups, since you know who you are playing with).

TK85, malrose1, monktk and 4 others like this.
  12. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

False.

13. TmikeS3

TmikeS3 Commander

I kind of use creative as kind of a cad program and that's how I think about it

Germanicus likes this.
  14. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I did not read of any change of the Voxxel Deposits back to ... Rocks. Why was this necessary? Also is this now normal that such "Rocks" - in this case Promethium - are now termed as Containers? They are really hard to crack even with a drill, and also they have a health bar you can hold on them for minutes without breaking them. It takes a lot of sweeping up down right left to get them to pop.
    EXP10302491-Container-1922_2019-06-07_20-18-07.png The Drill stops to make drilling noise, flying debris, dust or else when you just point on it.

Oh, and don't tell me about distance to the object as you can see the removed soil around the Rock what happens will trying to break it.

grg3d likes this.
  15. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Rear Admiral

Promethium has been the SSOR style deposit for many many versions now.
    I can't help with the rest of your post.

16. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Only that the same deposit was in EXP A10.III a Voxxel Deposit and it was much easier to have the space in your backpack under control instead of pop a SSOR Rock and half of the Promethium lays on the ground which you cant pick it up...so lost to you:(. Also it does not make sense if you have Asteroids carrying it as Voxxel- while Planet-Side it comes in SSOR-Deposits:confused:
    Just saying.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    Moonsugar likes this.
  17. Flash Hendricks

Flash Hendricks Captain

Personally, I was really happy to see SSOR back; even quicker to mine, and a bit of variety. I'd prefer to see a mix of the two

SacredGlade, ravien_ff and Pach like this.
  18. Moonsugar

Moonsugar Rear Admiral

19. vscuorzo

vscuorzo Commander

Anybody else notice 2 versions of help text appearing when hovering over the group icons in the devices tab of a ship's control panel? The one that appears below the button seems accurate. The yellow one appearing above the button always seems to say "add group".

20. Kalista

Kalista Commander

I can confirm that in my game as well tree regrew next to my base the surv tool chainsaw or even the harvester module wouldn't touch it.

Germanicus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.