Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 10 - Release Candidate 2

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

They can damage the player but not any other ships.

Pach likes this.
  2. jlego

jlego Captain

The original 8400 was released in 2007 (just checked). It's had a couple of revisions since then (most recently in the mid 2010s, so you probably have a revision 3 8400). But whether that's what's causing it, I've no idea, I can only really guess, I'm really not familiar with the newer revisions of it (they're probably rebadged versions of something else, AMD and NVidia used to do that all the time). I did build a desktop system for a friend with the original revision way back not long after it was released (well, that or one of the other GeForce 8 series... it was a while ago, so I can't remember), and although it wasn't super-fast, it was okay at the time.

Did you have any issue on that laptop with previous (pre-10) versions?

Ah, that doesn't sound right. Might even be related to the input lag (again, guessing).

It's really just a POI made out of blocks (and of course, no core), so you're not really killing it. Far as I know, you only get 3 or 4 spiders spawning once near it, and it doesn't affect other spider spawns whether you keep it or get rid of it.

3. Flash Hendricks

Flash Hendricks Captain

So, here's a new one (for me, at least): stunt bike!
    383120_20190614231203_1.png
    Jumped on the bike and I was running, while standing on the saddle! Cool, but sadly haven't been able to repeat my feat.

4. Sylvado

Sylvado Lieutenant

Well you had suggested that a game restart was likely needed in the Part IV thread so I considered it a work in progress. ;)

I will put it in the bug folder.

5. vscuorzo

vscuorzo Commander

I did have trouble with stuttering, the same issue others have reported in the past but more frequent. Oddly enough, that seems to be greatly improved but now the input lag is really bad and when I'm on the motor bike I seem to "crash" into an invisible wall when the next part of the playfield gets loaded in.

6. Mr Huggins

Mr Huggins Ensign

Shields and new drills are wonderful. I play on one uncapped weapon server and another I help Admin...making a 21 driller with the new drills is rediculously fun....and massive.

ravien_ff likes this.
  7. FRAGaLOT

FRAGaLOT Captain

Which is based on what? In the control panel it might say something like "40%" for a base attack, but what exactly is that percentage based on? Every minute? Every Second? Is it even based on a time interval?

8. FRAGaLOT

FRAGaLOT Captain

Can we do a pass on the what items/components can be built by certain constructors, so that the tech tree matches and is correct?

I still can't make a HV/SV fridge with a HV constructor, but the tech tree says it can (at least with with Exp 10.3). Ironically I have to be level 5 to craft a HV constructor to craft a fridge that unlocks at level 3. That just doesn't seem right, you should let the portable constructor craft the small SV/HV fridges, which would help out a LOT in early game when you're picking plants all over the place.

That is just one example. There are many other items in the tech tree that show you can craft the item in a particular constructor (and it's unlocked) but when you use that constructor it's not there to craft. Can we get some consistency and common sense put into this while you polish Alpha 10? Thanks Eleon, keep up the good work.

Edit.. I got the chance to test building a fgridge with the HV Constructor and YAY it's there.. but why do i have to be level 5 to make a level 3 item?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  9. FRAGaLOT

FRAGaLOT Captain

There's also a bug with those small POIs that act as small temporary player bases (hongo, crashed cockpit, so on) they don't popup as being found when you approach them, and the detector will still see it and it might confuse players. I'm playing the advanced survival setting (no tutorial) where you spawn at this POI. I tried to change the POI to public, then private, no chance. I took out the core, no change. I tried putting in my own core into it.. no change.

KuulKuum and cmguardia like this.
  10. SacredGlade

SacredGlade Captain

I like this, makes sense. builds towards having the make vessel design decisions based to the role required (high performance short range z wing fighter vs long range cargo hauler etc)

11. ASTIC

ASTIC Captain

nexus_absolute and TK85 like this.
  12. jlego

jlego Captain

Haven't noticed the issue with the bike, but I don't usually use it much after I get my starter HV. Not sure if that and the input lag are related or not.

13. Gromit

Gromit Captain

That's been around for a long time. It's one of those bugs I don't want them to fix, ever. Unfortunately no one else on the server can view your brilliance, which is unfortunate. I'd be all for them fixing that though.

14. Moonsugar

Moonsugar Rear Admiral

Yes, good. -- gamestart --
    WHAT???
    Yes, i know, they hate me. They really hate me. Maybe the troops at my front door are an appropriate answer.
    But please - could you warn us next time about the size of such an increasing - before the heart attack? :eek:

jlego and MadRussian like this.
  15. Flash Hendricks

Flash Hendricks Captain

And again! Will submit a proper bug report.
    383120_20190615131730_1.png

ravien_ff and vscuorzo like this.
  16. KnowItAllDM

KnowItAllDM Commander

They purposely set the poi you spawn at as "Non discoverable" so you dont get exp from it. Dont think they took into account the detector...

SacredGlade, Pach and Moonsugar like this.
  17. Wayson

Wayson Commander

Creeping closer to the Edge!

18. jlego

jlego Captain

@elmo and I have just placed our first base in RC2, and we got a troop transport visiting us within 5 minutes. Reputation accounts for more than half of our attack probability, and we're still only just unfriendly. That's more like it :)

19. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    UPDATE: June 16, 2019 (Build 2504)

Changes:
    - Implemented: In 'Salvage' mode MultiTool and SurvivalTool now return a random set of top-level items (instead of deconstructing fractions of a top-level item to lower level items)
    - Added ability that an open door/hangar door will be used by AI and considered as "open space" to path through it
    - Slightly increased base attack difficulty for low levels
    - Reduced reload time of player sentry turrets
    - Increased resolution of screens on O2 Station
    - Bring back old Asteroid Ring blueprint (use "AsteroidFieldRingOld" in playfield.yaml)
    - Better highlight of active toolbar slot
    - Don't show reputation warning message when trying to open container or pickup plants from Alien or Admin factions
    - Allowing to create a blueprint from any structure in survival if godmode invisible is enabled

Bug Fixes:

- Fixed Exploit: Logistic dupe outside of WiFi range
    - Fixed: Zirax soldiers did not change targets correctly when attacking sentries in a base attack
    - Fixed: New asteroid ring did not take into account rotation from playfield.yaml
    - Fixed: possible exception when opening Sector Map.

TK85, chaser, malrose1 and 6 others like this.
  20. ZotaOTT[RU]

ZotaOTT[RU] Lieutenant

Player lock for cheat ???? The suit was configured in the config file and it says that you are a cheater ....

after the second entry into the game - module 5 and 6 disappeared in the OO armor inventory!

The tool multitul 2 sometimes incorrectly disassembles devices ... without observing the rules of a drain and the player gets a block!

The command /vb does not work again (((.

Attached Files:

• 1b.jpg
      1b.jpg
      File size:
      218.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2b.jpg
      2b.jpg
      File size:
      48.2 KB
      Views:
Thread Status: