Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 11.1 Patch

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Nov 21, 2019.

1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Hello Galactic Survivalists!

Alpha 11.1 is a Alpha 11 stabilization release. We hope to have fixed the most important bugs etc. you reported - thanks a lot for your help!

As we noted that the new galaxy map is not yet in the desired state we temporarily reverted to the well known version.
    Please feel free to tell us if you want to either stay with this known map or if you would prefer to go with the new one - with some fixes and adaptions, of course. In the latter case, please give us feedback what needs to be improved to finally replace the old one - thanks a lot :)

Now, enjoy playing the game!

===============

Hotfix 2019-11-26 (Build 2724)

Changes:
    - Low memory check refactor - detects if pagefile is enabled, and displays messages accordingly. It is now forcing low textures only when it's necessary for the game startup. Messages are shorter and cleaner.

Fixes:
    - Lag when changing block of a vessel -> bug fixed
    - Fixed planet outside view not loading correct splatmap if planet was never visited
    - fixed several exceptions (CoQ's)

===============

Hotfix 2019-11-24 (Build 2723)

Changes:

- only updated version to A11.1.1​

===============

Hotfix Alpha 11.1 (Build 2722)

Fixes:

- Vessel weapons & hand held weapons when fired inside a structure can ghost through blocks

Hotfix 2019-11-23 (Build 2721)

Fixes:

- Trees, surface rocks & pickable terrain plants becoming 'Containers'
    - Fix for exceptions on a playfield server loading an instanced planet playfield and a space playfield

===============

PATCH 2019-11-21 (Build 2717)

Changes:
    - Planet Life Manager - animals are not spawned if player is more than 150 meters above or below them
    - Runtime memory check which informs when memory is too low and forces low quality textures if necessary. It will now account for memory used by the game itself
    - Console command 'destroy' now removes the entity immediately without showing it dead for some time. Use 'destroy <id> -dead' if you want the old behaviour
    - added server-side muting of players incl. new console cmd 'mute'
    - Set shadow distance in Best setting to 300 meters (old: 140) and in Good setting to 150 meters (old: 60)
    - Mountains on planet outside view of class 2 planets are now 10% less high to not stick through the atmosphere
    - Dedi will not add new playfields to a playfield server if this server needs more than 6GB of total memory
    - Dedi now checks if emptied pf server uses too much memory, if yes process is killed instead being managed as idle server again
    - Reworked and added new CPU-compliant stock Blueprints (they have a unique name compared to the old ones; thanks to Jennyphurr, Vermillion, Kieve, Zovya, Frigidman, jmcburn, sulusdacor)
    - Retired some older stock Blueprints (retired ones will be made available in the forums)
    - SpotlightBlocks are now available from the beginning (previously starting at Techtree level 3)

Fixes:
    - Fix bug that dedicated server asked a playfield server to load several playfields if player join in very short time
    - Better fix for 'gents' dedi console command mixing entities on a playfield server that loads several playfields
    - Proper fix for sporadic 'Exceeded entity id list' exception
    - Fixed pooling of drone prefabs. Activated pooling for Zirax prefabs (as example)
    - Fix for sporadic warning messages on playfield servers: 'Cannot save FOW database for player X'
    - Fixed for not possible to connect to a locally started dedi a second time, if there was a password set on the second start of the dedi
    - Better fix for NRE exception with GetTemperatureAt() (=loading/unloading of playfield data)
    - Old Mod interface: Event_GlobalStructure_List lists structures in multiple playfields (final fix)
    - Completely hiding HUD with F6 while in a vessel and exiting keeps Toolbar vanished when trying to show again
    - Ship max speed changing when turning
    - ArgumentNullException in PF logs after warping to another playfield
    - Fix for NRE when warping between Tull and Omkar Orbits
    - Instances are broken
    - Cruise mode for every direction but forward is not applying the correct speed
    - In control panel -> CPU Statistics some incoherence with the CPU costs bug fixed
    - [MP] No sound is heard from explosives blocks when placed

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
    Cluascorp, AlbaN, Ephoie and 11 others like this.
  2. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Please everyone, test out the new prefabs! Feedback on use-cases will be helpful to make any needed fixes.

Usually if you are "placing" an explosive and it goes off... you might not actually hear it as your head is being blown apart. But I guess in "MP" it helps to let OTHERS know you blew your head off while placing an explosive block ;)

Cluascorp, Ephoie, StyleBBQ and 3 others like this.
  3. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Seems it does not download for me yet. :rolleyes:

4. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

If you are not in Experimental....;)

5. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    It was just the 'countdown' sound that was not triggering.

Ephoie likes this.
  6. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Indeed, I feel embarrassed. Thank you for the notice. :p It is night here and I do not pay much attention.

stanley bourdon and Germanicus like this.
  7. FUE DENIS

FUE DENIS Commander

Mais virée moi ces cpu de merde............

8. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Captain

do not be embarrassed I did the same thing. I then asked on discord if they would change the title to include EXP and they did. Thank you.
    it makes it much easier that way rather than needing to know what subforum you are in. Especially if you use the "new posts" button as I do.

StyleBBQ, Myrmidon and Germanicus like this.
  9. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

OH! you mean the Placeable Explosive Devices you stick anywhere. I thought you meant the actual "Explosive Blocks" ;)

Ephoie and IronCartographer like this.
  10. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I liked some of the features of the new sector map:

It loads a lot faster.
    Icons for stations and asteroid fields can be colored.

But planets and moons lose their individual coloring from their playfield settings and instead use the sector setting. I think it's better for planets and moons to have their colors automatically set from the playfield like they do with the old map.

11. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

The map itself is fine its just the icons you're using for planets and moons that look weird but I love the rest of the map. Is it possible to change the planets and moons on the new map so they like the ones from the old map?

12. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I agree on this - as most of those "Project Eden" Player would request ;)- and would like to add that the so far known way how to navigate within the Star Map should be restored. The Current handling is clunky at Best.

Wellingtoon and ravien_ff like this.
  13. Ephoie

Ephoie Captain

Definitely a smoother experience aside the inverted controls.
    I would like to see Orbit info pop up when i click on a given playfield, and like to be able to select the planets and their respective info from a click on the name or icon/title or graphic.

With a sector list, being able to load the map of each sector would be handy, without actually having to be present at said playfield to see the playfield map.

If you or your faction have yet to explore, it remains blank until discovered.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    ravien_ff likes this.
  14. Cluascorp

Cluascorp Lieutenant

Can we get a fix for the drone (when using painttool) ??

I will jump right in ...

15. Taelyn™

Taelyn™ Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Write a bug report with reproduction stept, afaik this isnt known to us

16. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Rear Admiral

17. Taelyn™

Taelyn™ Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    • Administrator
  18. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Rear Admiral

Maybe something that was fixed internally and then never released. I never noticed it being fixed in any of the hotfixes, and I've been testing for it to be fixed in nearly every one.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  19. Taelyn™

Taelyn™ Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    • Administrator
    The fix broke somehow. We will fix it again

Cluascorp and Germanicus like this.
  20. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Hotfix Alpha 11.1 (Build 2722)

Fixes:
    - Vessel weapons & hand held weapons when fired inside a structure can ghost through blocks

Hotfix 2019-11-23 (Build 2721)

Fixes:
    - Trees, surface rocks & pickable terrain plants becoming 'Containers'
    - Fix for exceptions on a playfield server loading an instanced planet playfield and a space playfield

Cluascorp, ravien_ff and Germanicus like this.