Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 11.1 Patch

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Nov 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

BA/CV Projectile Turrets. Couple questions; might be errors, not bugs.

BA Minigun costs 2,800 CPU. BA Cannon costs 8,600 CPU. Tested both and there's no real difference.
    Wondering if the single shot damage of the Cannon being higher than the Minigun is reason for CPU difference?
    If so I think comparing DPS or damage over time would be fairer. Cannon has a bit more range & turn-rate, so could see it at say 3,000 CPU.

• Cannon: 800 Dam, 86 RPM = 68,800 Damage per Minute
    • Minigun: 400 Dam, 171 RPM = 68,400 Damage per Minute
    • Cannon has slightly more Range and higher traverse rate than Minigun; 925m v 850m, 150 d/s v 120 d/s.
    Crafting CV Projectile Turrets requires an Advanced Constructor. Yet CV Rocket Turrets can be made in a Large Constructor.

Further confusing is that a LrgConstruc can't make ammo for Rocket Turrets, though it can make Minigun & Cannon ammo; just not the turrets.
    - I think the Large Constructor should be able to make CV Projectile Turrets, and not CV Rocket Turrets.

Edit: further supporting this is an error is that CV Projectile Turret Unlocks at Lvl-7, and Advanced Constructor Unlocks at Lvl-10

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
  2. Ephoie

Ephoie Captain

@StyleBBQ Nice Math!
    Its not always so obvious to some (including myself).
    Seems like there is an oversight on the dev's part, when you do the actual math.
    I would expect the cannon to have a higher req' and possibly reduced RPM to a 1/4 of minigun, if not more, given the advantage of distance and higher damage.

StyleBBQ likes this.
  3. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

Thanks @Ephoie :) it's been that way, at least on the exposed stats, for a long time.
    While I can't swear to it, I recall Cannons being clearly more effective against drones than the Minigun turrets.
    Enough that I always used Cannons, and all my blueprinted bases have them over Miniguns.
    But something appears to have changed so that they really are indistinguishable from each other against drones.
    I tested this in build 2717 using each of the two Projectile Turret types alone and the baseattack cmd to generate attacks.
    Only place the Cannons might have had an advantage was against the troop transports, but of course they come in from various directions so could have simply been the vectors happened to favor the Cannons in the 3 tests I did.

The other thing that seems to have changed is the drone ranges. Used to regularly knock down a 3 drone wave with just a couple Cannons before the drones could fire a shot. Now it seems drones might have a bit of a range advantage over both cannons & miniguns.

Not to muddle things but from other recent experiance, I'd have to crown the next available turret levels Flak Turrets as the clear king for defeating drones. Only 1,300 CPU but the flak shells require magnesium.

4. vscuorzo

vscuorzo Commander

Anybody else seeing weird behavior with solar panels? Yesterday I was getting double digit output at best from 15 panels that used to put out hundreds of PU and it even dipped into negative numbers frequently. Something seems very off. This is using an old 10.2 save resumed with the latest build.

5. Taelyn™

Taelyn™ Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Since its released to public please use the Public Announcement post and Branch

Thank you!

6. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Hotfix 2019-11-26 (Build 2724)

Changes:
    - Low memory check refactor - detects if pagefile is enabled, and displays messages accordingly. It is now forcing low textures only when it's necessary for the game startup. Messages are shorter and cleaner.

Fixes:
    - Lag when changing block of a vessel
    - Fixed planet outside view not loading correct splatmap if planet was never visited
    - fixed several exceptions (CoQ's)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.