Alpha Experimental 6.0 - Part III

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Apr 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

Server admins can now tweak pod contents. ..oops I was too slow!

XeroTerragoth likes this.
  2. oojimaflip

oojimaflip Captain

Mergestructs still not fixed?
    Godmode shift movement still not fixed?
    Stack usage in creative mode still not fixed?
    I am disappoint.:(

3. Dtchmn

Dtchmn Lieutenant

Can we get turret targeting priorities via control panel please? I don't need my artillery turret on my base targeting overseers.

GoldDragon and Valdimarian like this.
  4. Yodarkore

Yodarkore Commander

game unplayable no constructor, on 5th server tried i got lucky, i got a gun in package, but still no drill no survival constructor so game impossible and dying from o2 in an uncored excavation site PUT CONSTRUCTORS AT LEAST ON PUBLIC FFS very dissapointed from this patch

Edit: third start was epic: dying from o2 in pod ^^
    fourth was with no armor and radioactive storm over my crash site..

5. Yodarkore

Yodarkore Commander

Any way to revert to experimental 6.05 please?

Edit:
    8th try: still no constructor, be it akua omicron or whatever survival is broken now cant build anything without the survival constructor. Reverting to public version 5 now.

Edit: force give 1 core 1 survival constructor and 1 drill + 2 biofuel please its no fun at all now. Am I supposed to punch laser xyrax with my tiny unarmed hands? Or give a manual or in game FUNCTIONNAL PDA with doable quests that give useful stuff idk but do something plz ^^

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  6. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Calm down. You have read this, right? http://empyriononline.com/threads/read-first-alpha-6-0-experimental-faq.10344/#post-116911

Starting equipment is adjustable - admins probably haven't gotten around tuning it yet for their servers.

7. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Well I do not believe keeping CVs from landing on planets adds anything of value to the game but it's only a setting in the Yaml file that you can turn on or off. I assume this feature is off by default and has to be turned on by admin. So it's no big deal .
    How do you get your HV to another planet ?? Well that is something people who suggested this idea didn't think about they were too busy complaining. lol
    The only solutions you have is if you're a multiplayer gamer is find a server that allows CVs to land on planets or build you a brand new HV once you get to a new planet. Not to mention that there are Enemy CVs on every planet now and I assume they're going to get harder as the devs improve the AI. God forbid there come a day where the AI CVs get so powerful that 2 Svs much less one Sv can't take them down. That you may need 4 or 5 svs.
    I love it when some players want something removed in the name of balancing or because something seems "over powred" in the game without thinking about the long term effects. lol
    But again, It's optional so that's a good thing. i am all for options, I just can't wait to see what happens to the number of players on multiplayer servers that start blocking CVs from landing on planets that should be very interesting.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  8. Yodarkore

Yodarkore Commander

I've read the stuff ofc, thank you, its a bit helpful. But no hideout or whatever. I really dislike the new concept. 9 trys 0 hideout wtf? I'm no point and click guy but for headshots :p

I dont mind starting with no sprout no plastic no ore no whatever but at least give the starter airsoft gun and 50 bullets, a drill +2 biofuels and a survival constructor in any player inventory at start or i bet you will be swarmed with issue tickets very soon!

9. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Great update as usual !!! I love the idea of ROBOTs protecting the TRADER and NPC Trader. I'm a single player so it will be nice to see extra NPCs running around. So I have a question how close are we to having NPCs walking around on AI Control CVs?

ELEON ARE THE BEST DEVS IN GAMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    download.jpg

10. VUVossi

VUVossi Lieutenant

does someone have the list of the old start inventory ?

11. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    That's what the "NEW GAMESTART" feedback thread is for ;-)

But listen: The MP start is not focused there as this is fully up to the admins from now on. So if you fail surviving because of no items - blame the admin :D

dtmullican, Hive, Fractalite and 15 others like this.
  12. Daede

Daede Rear Admiral

It's not that there's no hideout, yoda. it's that only one is spawned by the playfield and someone captured (and likely dismantled) it before you got there, so you didn't get the rest of your start pack.

As with everything else about this game, this feature has been geared completely towards single player with no consideration for multiplayer whatsoever, and it's gonna take me all fucking day to make this trainwreck actually work on an MP server to the point players can actually get started with what they had before...

I like the idea, and it translates WELL for single player, but is an instant disaster for MP, makes it harder for MP admins to setup their galaxies out of the box, and I really can't see where it adds jack shit to gameplay...

TSmith62, Starwing6 and Wizzy like this.
  13. Daede

Daede Rear Admiral

Blame the admin because your update didn't take multiplayer into account AT ALL?

I wanna say things right now that would get me banned from these forums, but I can't because I need them to navigate this disaster of an experimental tree in order to keep a galaxy released my users enjoy playing on - something you make harder with no consideration at all with every update.

You sir, have some nerve.

Starwing6, Kieve and Wizzy like this.
  14. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

15. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

NOw that you have the damage blocks will you guys be able to make them part of the ship damage model? Like if my ship takes damageare their any plans to have blocks on my ship automatically replaced with these damage blocks during a battle? Right now the damage model is just some missing blocks a warped blocks. These damage blocks would make a much better damage model. for ships and bases during a battle.

Captain Jack II likes this.
  16. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I LOVE IT. I've read so many forums of MP players complaining about what they don't have well now the Admins have 100% control. It's on them now. lol

PhiPhi, Fractalite, ion_storm and 2 others like this.
  17. Daede

Daede Rear Admiral

Admins have always had the ability to edit the starter pack, Iunno what you're on about... All this did was make it harder to do that. Instead of one place to change, there's now 3... Well, 2 if your galaxy is to be worth a shit, since the very first person who lands at the structure will capture it then likely dismantle it and everyone else will start sans structure...

So, I was hoping to not have to wipe with this update, but oh well. Looks like I'll be face deep in yaml all day, figuring out how to make this work without this silly building that serves no purpose but creates an extra step (per playfield) for me, anyways.

Annoyed rant over. Happy to see you can't pull alien device blocks anymore. that was a big problem. Nice to see drones back, too. I'm gonna go facedive into some yaml and wipe my server, now *grumble*grumble*

18. Yodarkore

Yodarkore Commander

Wait what? But admins were not warned at all before the patch?!? How to blame them???? I myself have spoken with my current server admin yesterday he had no clues about when or what about next iteration of alpha 6 xp...

And if i want to play single player, i've space engineers to do it! oO ;)

Edit: I also run a dedicated local LAN server myself too, and i was never warned about such incoming changes about starter configuration! :s

19. Daede

Daede Rear Admiral

I'm working on it, Yodar. The galaxy will be up today (fresh wipe, tell your guys). No communication is the status quo with Eleon. You learn to live with it. You hate it, every step of the way; Things would be a hell of a lot more productive with a more communicative team. But, you learn to live with it.

Wizzy likes this.
  20. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Just realize that Empyrion has a large Single player community as wel. We almost make up half of the player base so they have to think about us too. lol ;)

Fractalite, Shade, Marty and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.