Alpha Experimental 6.0 - Part III

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Apr 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dawg711

Dawg711 Lieutenant

This team is pumping out above and beyond what you could expect from an Indie team. So glad I was able to support them day one. Keep it up guys.

mR_kAt, Marty, Zor_The_Cruel and 3 others like this.
  2. Yodarkore

Yodarkore Commander

Hell sure, i cant blame them for working on code (or whatever) instead endless chatty chat.. :) But some more communication via steam: its so easy to spam players with update notes, look at all those one man team that do it great, no names here, is really easy to setup, especially when skilled community managers comes in ;)

Edit: To the fanboy horde: I'm myself fond of this game too (great multiplayer gaming surprise indeed) and i wouldnt be there speaking about it if i didnt like it, i would simply pass out and play something else. It has nothing related to their (great) work for such little ambitious team, but more communication for US, players AND dedicated servers admin would be awesome, and therefore i'm trying to stay constructive and positive in my feedback, so please do so also :)

And yet, trouble is, starting in MP is nearly impossible unless playing admin in godmode or be the first on planet :s

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    Starwing6 and rainyday like this.
  3. Dawg711

Dawg711 Lieutenant

Sadly they may have looked at Wildcard and Ark and decided they did not want to deal with all that........I think it is better to be surpised just incase something happens and they have to delay. Ark takes heavy hits because ETA to some does not mean Estimated Time Arrival.

Daede likes this.
  4. Dawg711

Dawg711 Lieutenant

Yodar I dont see how it would be possible to reach server admins because there are so many. Then if something causes a delay they would be attacked as Ark team is. Sadly I am sure Ark is not the only team that gets attacked for missing ETA times. That is just the only one I know of first hand. Its the world we live in now.
    This is too good of a game to put it down over communication, though there is a small part of me that agrees with you. Would be helpful if they did let us know more but I understand why they dont.

Gorby, panddshea and Senator Mendoza like this.
  5. Yodarkore

Yodarkore Commander

Yeah fear the crowd of angry players, that what i told to friends when devs doesnt communicate about stuff to come. But communication one or two day prior new patch iteration, to my eyes, is nowaday a standard for a correct and serious dev/coding team, in order to keep hype high and people informed, thus less support ticket in the end, imho...

We might have differents way to play this game, some like it SP, some MP, some both, i'm myself a multiplayer gamer and it is what decided me to play Empyrion instead of some other similar "sandbox based" (singleplayer) game. But so far, without MP, Empyrion have no point for me especially wich such (yet) lacking high end content PvE. Storming Xenu fortress all day long get boring quickly. Trying to design a tough pvp BA is not, at least for me ^^

6. Hopskotch

Hopskotch Lieutenant

Lotta noise here, but looks like a great update!

I'm not the only one who noted this but... EXP4? I thought this was a three parter? Did we add new parts? Fully respect missing ETA releases, but thought this was three and done?

Any idea on new expectations of public branch drop? After part 4? Part 5?

Do what you need - your doing great work, but FYI that repercussions of the ambiguous drop dates has lead to some bug servers going into hibernation as they wait for the big release. Unfortunately that started too early and isn't ending with this release. Just curious if we have new expectations that we can use to help keep our player base from jumping over to minecraft while they wait.

- Hops

7. Yodarkore

Yodarkore Commander

+1, servers are dying, and today's stealthy unwarned update will probably screw it more :s

Wizzy likes this.
  8. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

The Game FAQ is pretty clear:
    http://empyriononline.com/threads/read-first-alpha-6-0-experimental-faq.10344/#post-116911

= NEW GAMESTART =

Q: What has changed?
    A1: On Masperon you now start in a so called 'hideout'. One part of your equipment is directly moved to your inventory. The second part can be found in the personal container nearby
    A2: On Akua, Omicron and Ningues, you still drop in a capsule. Your equipment is split up into three parts: A small gift in the escape capsule (depending on the difficulty setting), one part of your loadout in your inventory (depending on the difficulty setting) and the last part can be found in a hideout nearby. So watch out ;-)
    A3: All playfields have a hideout for Escape Capsule or Base-Spawn game start. (see below)
    A4: You can capture the hideouts easily: hit P and switch to private or to your faction.
    A5: The tutorials have been replaced with the first story-tutorial mission. More will follow soon.

Q: What is the whole point about this change?
    A1: It is now possible to not only change the loadout on a global difficulty setting, but the loadout can now be adjusted for EACH playfield AND for the global difficulty setting. This will make things more interesting, allow for a better balancing and add a lot of flexibility for future scenarios and survival games.
    A2: Customization works in Singleplayer and Multiplayer.

Q: How can i change the default loadout?
    A1: Change Base-Spawn/Escape Pod loadout
    1. Find the playfield.yaml for the planet you want to change and open with an editor like Notepad++. The playfields can be found here: ...\Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Content\Playfields

Marty, malrose1 and Senator Mendoza like this.
  9. misterscoops

misterscoops Lieutenant

Love what I'm seeing so far, but goddamn my GPU fan's wailing is going to wake up the neighbors, and my frame rates are between 9 and 25.

10. Yodarkore

Yodarkore Commander

11. Daede

Daede Rear Admiral

I had a huge post written up about communication, but I deleted it, since it would fall on deaf ears, anyways.

I'm happy to see a part 4 incoming. The rumor mill started a few days ago that 6.0 would go public probably this week, and the rumor was started by what most would consider a solid source, so I was actually really apprehensive about it. Hearing there's a part 4 incoming is music to my ears; it means they acknowledge there are serious, game breaking issues, and are willing to push back the public migration to address them.

Eleon, good move on the part 4. This needs a lot of work. I love to death that the game is getting harder, I just wish you weren't making my job as an admin so much harder with each step. I really look forward to the day I can just right click my "Admin Tool" for a yaml configurable contextual menu that does everything an admin might need in game...

*dives face first into config files, to resurface sometime tonight*

12. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

Nice, but I wish they added a method to regain control of your blueprints after a uninstall/reinstall or OS reload.
    ... considering I just got hit by that one.

I wonder if they used the updated Epsilon bases I put in the bases thread?
    (All I did was replace the pre-alpha blocks).

XeroTerragoth likes this.
  13. Iluminator

Iluminator Lieutenant

All things for which cry like a baby are you in a locker in the damaged boat that you initially serves as a base. A little play and not immediately attack on the dev. team.

Marty likes this.
  14. Daede

Daede Rear Admiral

You can manually backup your blueprints before you do such things. They are located in your Empyrion folder in Saves\Blueprints\YOURSTEAMID\
    Simply replace them after you reinstall.

Zor_The_Cruel and XeroTerragoth like this.
  15. C04L

C04L Ensign

Cap'n Jack II, I just wanted to ask, Is the Quest line shortened?

Are there anymore Quests after
    The Robinson Protocal - Have Lunch. ?

16. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

It was a complete OS crash, I had no chance to back them up.
    I have already recovered the blueprints I had in the workshop, but they are not linked to the workshop items, so I cannot update them.
    I am currently working on figuring out how to edit "workshop.data" to re-link them, but I fear I may have to delete all workshop items and reload them to get the links back.

17. Daede

Daede Rear Admiral

Anything you're subscribed to on the workshop should download automatically...

18. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

I'm not talking about the items I subscribed to, I'm talking about the blueprints I published.
    My creations, which I can no longer update.

But please, lets not pirate this thread. If you wish to continue the discussion please do so over here.
    http://empyriononline.com/threads/workshop-item-update-pain.9607/

XeroTerragoth and Daede like this.
  19. VUVossi

VUVossi Lieutenant

Hi all,
    so here some help what to add in the playfield.yaml of your starting planets

- Mode: Survival
    Spawn: EscapePod
    Armor: ArmorLight
    # Spawn: Structure
    # Structure: "TeleportTest1Group"
    Items: [ "Pistol, 50Caliber:500, Chainsaw, ConstructorSurvival, AutoMinerCore:5, Medikit02:3, EmergencyRations:4, OxygenBottleSmall:5, EnergyCell:10, OxygenStation, OxygenBottleLarge:5, Drill:50, BioFuel:10","Pistol, 50Caliber:500, Chainsaw, ConstructorSurvival, AutoMinerCore:5, Medikit02:3, EmergencyRations:4, OxygenBottleSmall:5, EnergyCell:10, OxygenStation, OxygenBottleLarge:5, Drill:50, BioFuel:10","Pistol, 50Caliber:500, Chainsaw, ConstructorSurvival, AutoMinerCore:5, Medikit02:3, EmergencyRations:4, OxygenBottleSmall:5, EnergyCell:10, OxygenStation, OxygenBottleLarge:5, Drill:50, BioFuel:10"]

it is 3 times in there because of the Difficulty settings in your server.yaml file

but I still dont know how to add stuff to the escapepod, :-(

cu
    Vossi

20. Daede

Daede Rear Admiral

Where is it putting what you have listed in Items?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.