Alpha Experimental 6.0 - Part III

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Apr 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catalina

catalina Commander

might as well keep with empyrion because SE really sucks right now

Frigidman likes this.
  2. VUVossi

VUVossi Lieutenant

It is in the playfield.yaml file of your starterplanet under

FixedPlayerStart:

3. Valdimarian

Valdimarian Commander

Keeping CVs from entering the atmosphere was something Eidolon wanted at the very start, you used to not be able to do it in Alpha 1, and maybe even Alpha 2. At the moment it's probably going to be limited to Scenarios, but I could also see it being in place on a planet where the whole planet is under Admin control or untouchable terrain and you don't have a reason to tool around in an HV instead of your SV. If you DO want to bring an HV to a planet where you can't bring down your CV, just blueprint it and spawn it, if the server / scenario restricts Blueprints on that planet as well then they're obviously trying really hard to not let you use HVs there, and maybe there's a reason for it. (I'm thinking like the scenario where one person is the attacker and the other the defender, by blocking them from bringing the CV into atmo they force a playstyle decision)

I don't understand where all this SP hate is coming from, the SP players have been complaining for the last Alpha that MP was getting all the focus, and now that they're getting some love all the MP players are hating on them. I'll admit, they should have posted something to the Admins, but since you can privately host a server it's hard to get a list of all the Admins.

I like the new changes to what you get and how you get it. In MP this means they can change what you get via a capsule start vs. a player spawner with a Player Inventory block. Maybe your server wants to reward you for choosing to drop via a pod vs. spawning in an Admin building somewhere, now they can do that! Again, maybe a bit more warning would have been good, but no that the features are in it's a really cool power for the admins to have.

mR_kAt and Daede like this.
  4. nexus_absolute

nexus_absolute Captain

NB: This isn't specifically in response to your post Daede but the message in general, which I hear many times throughout the forums.

Sometimes I think of the forums as an office. In meeting room A are the SP people and if you walk by all you will hear is - grumble grumble “…only geared towards MP, no consideration for SP”.

Yup, you guess it, walking past meeting room B where the MP crowd are gathered you hear - grumble grumble “…only geared towards SP, MP is now broken”.

And where are the Devs? Well, they are actually in the office trying to make the balance between the two modes work. Meanwhile they keep getting memos asking why they aren’t attending any of the meetings in rooms A or B :rolleyes:.

If the plan was to focus on one mode over another we would have seen that by now instead of keeping both aspects running. I see releases that focus heavily on one side to the detriment of another. I then see another which swings it back the other way and occasionally everything aligns to harmonise on the long road to balance.

Keep up the good work Devs!

In response to the OP:
    - Love the fact we are getting NPC traders
    - Like the idea of starting in wreckage of a crashed ship but see this as just another POI to tear apart for resources.
    - Really like the idea of hiding undiscovered sectors. Could we get a randomisation option for the galaxy with this? :D
    - Another hard cap (albeit it optional) by not allowing CVs on a planet? wat the fridge o_O!?
    - Woot! Drone love!
    - I can finally load a game inside my cockpit!!!!!

Not being part of the experimental testing crowd I can’t explain just HOW MUCH I really want to play a stable version of 6.0…. SOOO MUCH, SOOO BAD! I think I’m actually losing sleep over it!

But the news of stage IV testing is welcome. Good things come to those who shout loudest wait.

5. Daede

Daede Rear Admiral

Yeah, I totally overreacted at first. I'm pretty good at that, unfortunately. The stage 4 thing, once I let everything sink in, really made me optimistic. I especially like that there are next to no yaml changes other than the new structures which are stupid easy to copy/paste into each one and the adjustments that need to be made to the Items: lists on the starter planets. It means I only have 2 hours work instead of 10. Yay.

Edit: gooooooooooosfraaaaaaaahhhhhhbaaaaaaaaaaaa

rainyday likes this.
  6. polochom

polochom Lieutenant

Some nice pretty things.... ok. I will keep tracking you guys but after 1 year testing I will only back to empyrion and do proper feedback when ship flight and fight are playable on MP. On single player please implement a proper AI behaviour for the NPCs its seams a game from the 90's...

7. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator

• Administrator
  8. Shootme

Shootme Commander

For the guy who is complaining about the difficult start on MP... are you alone in this server? Is it impossible to ask some help? If it is ... well, go SP and play...

edit: even if you die... is this stupid button "respawn at the current location" still available?

mR_kAt and Marty like this.
  9. Valdimarian

Valdimarian Commander

I just realized I forgot to hype what might be one of the biggest things to come in P3 / P4: TRADERS!

"Got a weapon kit you don't like? Here, trade it for the one you wanted."
    "Playing SP and got a bunch of gold ore or credits from Xirax? I'll buy that and give you something more useful."
    "Just starting an MP server and nobody else is on yet? I can get you started."
    "MP prices skyrocketing? I'll help keep them reasonable."

Hopefully they'll carry weapon kits more frequently than the 7d2d traders carry useful parts, but just adding them is a step in the right direction.

ion_storm, Senator Mendoza and Daede like this.
  10. amurayiwestgate

amurayiwestgate Captain

• Developer
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  11. nexus_absolute

nexus_absolute Captain

Assuming we get traders and not merchants ;)

Yes, finally a use for gold outside MP.

ion_storm likes this.
  12. Amboss

Amboss Lieutenant

NICE ONE. let the time wasting comance!

13. Yodarkore

Yodarkore Commander

Okay youre so pro, tell me where after 9 starts on 9 differents servers, all empty of that so famous hidden box...

Daede likes this.
  14. Yodarkore

Yodarkore Commander

Ok lol still no constructive anwser. What if there is apparently just ONE box for SEVERAL players? Ok singleplayer? Then i'm back to some real single players game with high end pve :)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  15. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Patience & wait for the admins to update what they need to update in the playfield.yamls.
    Maybe even a completely new save also for MP.

Marty, Repier, ion_storm and 5 others like this.
  16. XeroTerragoth

XeroTerragoth Captain

Wait...you mean to tell me you loaded an experimental build to a MP server (on a game that is in Alpha to begin with) and are shocked and disappointed that problems arose from this behavior? Not even taking into account how bad of an idea that is to begin with, there are more than a few posts/stickies notifying server owners of the risk here, and there is almost always an FAQ (which people apparently fail to read on a regular basis) that covers potential issues for this exact reason.

No offense, but methinks you're the one with the nerves in this scenario good sir.

mR_kAt, Marty, Sofianinho and 6 others like this.
  17. Eliteace

Eliteace Captain

such a tease Eleon :)

18. Daede

Daede Rear Admiral

Yeah, we're going with a fresh save, for sure.

19. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Kaeser, Valdimarian and XeroTerragoth like this.
  20. Sacksquatch

Sacksquatch Captain

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.