Alpha Experimental 6.0 - Part III

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Apr 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daede

Daede Rear Admiral

Revealing of playfields - Is this configurable? I like it and plan to leave it on, I'm just curious.
    Console Cmd - I would imagine this is Moderator+ in MP?

2. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Almost? The "VAST" majority of players are single player. However if you are only considering the vocal crybabies... then yes, the MP crowd is a probably higher in that respect. But it doesn't mean there is more MP players than SP. /fact

3. Sacksquatch

Sacksquatch Captain

QFT

Of the 1600 players online right now, approx 300 are playing MP (more than half of those are just playing co-op with friends).

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    XeroTerragoth likes this.
  4. zztong

zztong Rear Admiral

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand. I play single player, so I'm not wise to the ways of the servers.

Are you saying these servers are tuned into the Experimental Branch and those servers are dying because Admins are having trouble dealing with short notice?

5. Iluminator

Iluminator Lieutenant

What's wrong with this weather, play the game all day, since she left part 3 and all the time on Akua rain falls. How to turn off?

6. Daede

Daede Rear Admiral

Id love to just be a player, if only I could find a server that has the same idea of decent, balanced gameplay and implementable features that I and my faction want. Searched forever. Gave up and started my own server, which has been very popular in the EXP phase of alpha6.

You sure that only 200 people are playing in multiplayer right now because these new wreckage structures have broken starting on mp, and that most mp server admins just let the update go through and put the server online without editing their starter inventory and making the wreckage poi admin cored so all their new users could get at it - all of which basically leads to nobody being able to start fresh properly in mp right now, except the first guy to land on that playfield... Maybe it also has to do with the number of popular MP servers that haven't updated yet, as they need to sort all this out...or maybe I'm crazy

Valdimarian likes this.
  7. Sacksquatch

Sacksquatch Captain

Nah this is pretty common. I take a peek at the numbers everytime I fire up the server for me and my brother. It's typically 10-20% of the single player numbers. Also don't worry about the starting equipment. All Hummel meant was that starting now and into the future, admins have full control over starting equipment, and you can detail them per playfield instead of a global setup for all playfields.

Daede likes this.
  8. Daede

Daede Rear Admiral

yeah, I know. I'm working it out on my server as we speak. Gonna try to admin core the wreckage too to keep the new experience

9. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

Got an update video out, highlighting the biggest changes. :)

10. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

You are very correct. lol I was trying to be nice about the numbers buy yea Single player community is kind of the majority but building games such as this one attract a lot SP players anyway. It's always been that way.

XeroTerragoth likes this.
  11. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Here is a tip if you happen to visit any of the Trading stations. Do not shoot the Cyborgs because they Shoot back and they don't waste time. lol I shot one and all of them turned around and started shooting lasers at me. lol They remind you of the Terminator movies a little.

12. zztong

zztong Rear Admiral

I play Empyrion single player, but I would play multiplayer under the right conditions. Where I get tripped up is when a "building game" meets PvP. For some reason, I don't like PvP when I build stuff. I guess I don't like seeing my creations ripped up by other players. I don't mind PvP when it resets and everyone goes at it again, like World of Tanks, or when the loss is just a little time, like Monster Play in LoTRO.

Anyways, my point is that I don't recall seeing many people trying to make a PvE server where there is a long-term group survival goal.

13. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    You can always change the POI to an indestructible Trading Station. But critics are always Ok. Even rants. As i told RANGER a while back.. i am also reading through "let off steam" posts ;-)

We'll prepare something for a default MP start, but this could not be solved for EXP3 as we might need to split up the default files to achieve this (currently the files for dedicated and client are pretty much identical = sharing the same yaml files)

XeroTerragoth, mR_kAt, Daede and 2 others like this.
  14. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    So, that's what EXP is for, not? And : resuming a game will not change the player start. So if you want to wipe, you might need to read what you are about to install, no? ;-)

We've even written it twice to the starting post + links to the FAQ :D

15. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Hope Part 4 is the last. Yes, we initially thought we could do it in 3, but the #3 update had a lot of backend changes worth the wait (like Traders and new customization Options. we now need to refine.)

16. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    No, this is the current final step for Chapter I. I am preparing Chapter 2. Hope to get it done for EXP4

17. Gromit

Gromit Captain

New start seems good so far and like the idea of a wrecked shuttle base to start out too. I can see some players wanting to rebuild, repair and extend this.

With that said, it seems odd that you can't upgrade the damaged blocks to full (in effect repairing them) and scrapping them gives you zero resources. Was a little surprised at that.

mR_kAt likes this.
  18. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Absolutely. Double-Click on a blueprint in the libary and the blueprint group menu will server for this (and more) purposes

banksman45 likes this.
  19. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Not yet customizable i am afraid.

20. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    They are kind of "deco" at the moment. Maybe we can add an "upgrade path" for those blocks in the future.

mR_kAt, ion_storm and banksman45 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.