Alpha Experimental 6.0 - Part III

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Apr 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Can you add the damage block to the ship and bases damage model? I would like to see damage blocks appear on my ship or base after a battle.

nexus_absolute likes this.
  2. Sacksquatch

Sacksquatch Captain

A thank you for the devs. I'm having a good experience on a new game on Omicron, riding my motorcycle through the desert with a meteor storm falling all around me like some post-apocalyptic badass.

I absolutely love the resources from rocks. I'm now able to bypass the tedium of mining regular nodes with that t1 drill. Solid work here.

Overall I'm really enjoying the direction the game is headed.

Also...this rock should be like winning jackpot on a slot machine. It's raining ore! Hallelujah it's raining ore HAAAAY HAAAAAY!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    ei8htx, XeroTerragoth, Marty and 3 others like this.
  3. Gromit

Gromit Captain

yeah, it's a shame the size of the rock makes no difference.

4. Gorby

Gorby Commander

I agree, maybe keep it balanced by giving up to 2 or 3 ores and then some crushed stone to fill out the rock's volume.

XeroTerragoth and mR_kAt like this.
  5. Nytmaster

Nytmaster Lieutenant

I hate to say this adding a shelter seems to be real lazy and seems to be a hand out. Takes away off of true survival. For the rest off the update Good Job and lets get some some fish into the lakes..

mR_kAt, Yodarkore and Kofi808 like this.
  6. Yodarkore

Yodarkore Commander

Ok some food for tought for any server admin after some playtesting on successfully configured servers:

Dont forget to put the survival camp indestructible on every starter planet you plan in your galaxy. The SV drone can and will destroy them, and players can and will take them (private and/or clan) if let set on public and destructible. Otherwise players will have hard time and will very often call for an admin.

XeroTerragoth and Valdimarian like this.
  7. JuStX2

JuStX2 Captain

@Hummel-of-War - How does it feel to make something great and then have the community pick it apart for the simple reason that something like a starter hideout needing a default admin core was overlooked? I know I would be very upset - but honestly I think your right - a lot of the people posting (especially those who are new to the forums) are kind of forgetting EA Rule #1 - Everything is subject to change/Nothing is certain. I'm just glad your doing Part IV before releasing this poorly reviewed masterpiece into the wild as is - a truly genius move if I do say so myself. I can see the potential of these changes - people are arguing over tweaks in a unfinished build - which neither the time nor the place.

8. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

After testing out the update. It's still a good update in my opinion but what I would love to see is a option in the New game menu that allows you to pick how you want to start the game. Either have all your stuff in the Escape pod or in the hide out. Make them different Survival mode games.

XeroTerragoth, mR_kAt and VISION305 like this.
  9. Valdimarian

Valdimarian Commander

Everything I said

Just re-read what you (JuStX2) said and thought you were ragging on Hummel, but you were being sympathetic. My bad.

10. VISION305

VISION305 Captain

I am so glad that Eleon is developing for the correct target audience. Overwhelming majority of us want more PVE and more sci-fi survival. We can finally start to tune in the game play for the PVE players which is basically almost everyone in this community. A light touch of PVP encounters but a brutal amount of PVE content! I seriously wish you guys had a gear store so I can buy some cool shirts and hats etc.. I would buy it all just to keep supporting this game.

Im willing to bet the starting gear was drastically reduced to increase the challenge but they are going to balance it out based on feedback. These people are excellent at listening to feedback. I just hope they dont cave to too much pressure from the minority PVP'er who ruin every game every time.

11. Zuleica

Zuleica Rear Admiral

Seems to make a difference for me, the larger ones sometimes give more variety of ores...like three instead of two or one.

I haven't found these promethium rocks yet though...are they different than the regular rocks?

XeroTerragoth and rainyday like this.
  12. TSmith62

TSmith62 Ensign

Pretty sure there underwater

ei8htx, XeroTerragoth and rainyday like this.
  13. thegrazzman

thegrazzman Lieutenant

Anyone else having issues with their server being on the list? For about 2 hours after getting the new patch set up it was on the list. Now, for no reason, its missing from the list. It just comes and goes. All port forwarding is set up, firewalls in/out set up. No reason at all.

14. Ratan Kabidge

Ratan Kabidge Lieutenant

They are indeed, see Lift Pizzas' link earlier in this thread for visuals he made on YouTube, rather bight blue-purple in color. Oh, and it should be "they're" /tease

To so many of the outspoken MP whiners, know this. Ignorance is bliss, but the truth is, it is often bliss for the informed observer of said individual and not the ignorant. Nearly all of the answers to the complaints I observed in this thread are in fact posed on other threads if you actually took a few moments to find them. As several others have pointed out, you ARE playing on the EXPERIMENTAL branch of an Alpha client after all. If you cannot wait a few weeks for it to reach the stable branch I have no pity, since it truly does say something about your impatience.

DEVS: I would suggest perhaps posting the notes 24+ hours ahead of time, that is about the only complaint I've seen that I can say is valid as a support technician manager (retired) myself. My experience has shown me it is often less hassle to roll out an update a day later even if the update itself is just sitting "on a shelf" somewhere for a brief time to give the update notes a chance to sink in to the thick headed. Now as an EU though, it does provide some amusement to me reading some of the rants mentioned in the previous paragraph. /evilgrin

Keep up the good work ;)

15. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

I agree. My question has always been why is anybody playing the Unstable Experimental branch like its the real game when its not The real game is on the stable branch. Experimental is just for testing and trying out new features nothing more. It's not meant to be played like a real game in my opinion. I don't play it that way. I just play it for the new features .

XeroTerragoth, mR_kAt, Gorby and 3 others like this.
  16. 2metragluposti

2metragluposti Lieutenant

Can someone fill me in about these starting "Hideouts" - I just got onto Masperon in MP and spawned in one of them, it's called "Crashed Cockpit".

It had ZERO containers or anything operational or worthy looting/dismantling; where's my stuff and what is the purpose of this Hideout? I know there were players before me on Masperon, did they take the loot - leaving me without a chance to play this planet? Shouldn't this structure provide a start point for every player that joins MP Masperon (loot for each player, can't be Core'd and disasssembled)?

PS: Alien CV spawned about 50m above that building too, come on!?

[​IMG]

PSS: FPS (atleast on Masperon) is horrible.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    Yodarkore likes this.
  17. Sacksquatch

Sacksquatch Captain

Crashed cockpit has a locker in the glass section where the bed is. That's where your stuff is.

18. 2metragluposti

There are 3 things in that Crashed Cockpit - a switch, a door, and a ventilator. As I said, there were people before me on that planet - I expected that this place contains loot for each player that starts on Masperon (auto-refills or something) and that it's not destroyable/lootable.

19. Sacksquatch

Sacksquatch Captain

Ohhh MP. Server admins have to edit starting equipment now. I guess that server has not done it yet. The joys of experimental branch hehe.

20. 2metragluposti

Well, Crashed Cockpit is a replacement for Pod, so it should have gear per player as a default tho...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.