Alpha Experimental 6.0 - Part V

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, May 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ranger

Ranger Rear Admiral

Its on my map to. I didnt go visit it yet.

banksman45 likes this.
  2. Ranger

Ranger Rear Admiral

I think there must be a bug. I have two CV's, less than a 1/2 kt difference in mass, both with 100MN rear thrust, and one goes 114m/s and the other goes 40. It seems to make no sense whatsoever;
    I repalcedblocks on the lighter one, which was faster, to make it heavier. It now outweighs the slow one by .3 kt. and still goes 114m/s. I added 4 thrusters to the lighter one, and removed two forward facing thrusters (although, that doesnt seem to make a difference, by itself) and it will now go 109, but its lighter than the other and has 80MN more thrust. Devs???

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  3. michaelhartman89

michaelhartman89 Rear Admiral

Is it survival if there is space orange trees every two feet? Jk, i would like to see new starter worlds that are barren, just a crash site and maybe no POI'S at all. Maybe for the first few hrs, you are just scavenging to survive and struggle to build a basic sv.

I do like the current starter worlds and wouldnt like to see anything change except for the larger worlds.

Every start is different, and ot justs depends on how i feel like playing at the time. I can say for sure, Ningues is one cold, unforgiving bitch at times lol

Starwing6, mR_kAt and VISION305 like this.
  4. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Oh good. I was beginning to think I was the only one. I know hardcore survival players might not like it but I think its great for casual players that do not have as much time as some of us do to put in this game.

rainyday likes this.
  5. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Well larger planets is on the list of features. I am going to keep repeating that so the Devs do not like we forgot about that ;) I kind wished the devs had a picture or a model of what he new larger planets will look like so they could give us a teaser .

6. michaelhartman89

michaelhartman89 Rear Admiral

Exactly why i brought it up and why i keep emphasizing npc content!

Some day we will get there, but until then we need to keep bringing it up.
    I think its nearly time time for another survey to get all the new suggestions.

7. Sacksquatch

Sacksquatch Captain

Dear Devs, you shall fix loot bug, or you're gonna find out how we inseminate cows on the farm. *glove snap*

Now all I need is a farm.

8. VISION305

VISION305 Captain

I agree. Acceleration is the number that they want to nurf. And if they want to cap the speed for "reasons" which I can understand, then cap it as high as possible. But nurf acceleration for sure including forward thrust, backward thrust, side thrust, turning, and everything.

With turrets being automatic this leaves the user free for more complicated controls just a thought.

geostar1024, Sokuaisushi and rainyday like this.
  9. VISION305

VISION305 Captain

Improved planetary tech. Removed poles. Larger planets, scarier plants and fauna. scarier environments. Full dynamic weather, being able to see storms approaching in the distance. And some real AI. This is what would make this game amazing.
    Oh and I would like to see the space skybox look exactly like Ningues clear night sky.

michaelhartman89 likes this.
  10. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Basically yes - but this is more a future update.

Phantom Aria, groo42, Hive and 2 others like this.
  11. Zor_The_Cruel

Zor_The_Cruel Commander

wow, so much cool stuff in the update! The things I am most excited to see:

- Traders are now functional (and items sold are able to be customized)
    - Added Fill All buttons for Oxygen and Fuel tanks! (and i can see from the pic that there are custom on/off switches in the "main" panel now too)
    - Removed lights from weapons
    - Added armor locker to SV and HV
    - Added round jet-style thruster size 1x3x1 to HV (im a big fan of HV's)
    - Fixed: AI Planetary Vessel stuck moving slowly upwards then downwards.

And many others i am interested to see how they work to see if i like them.

Ranger and rainyday like this.
  12. K'tin

K'tin Ensign

Русский.
    Основная проблема, которая заставляет опускать многокилотонный CV на планету - это малые корабли(SV) и ховеры(HV). Если малый еще можно своим ходом посадить, то ховер - никак.
    Есть несколько простых решений с точки зрения пользователя, но сложных с точки зрения разработчика (по другому не объяснить отсутствие такого).
    1 - модуль стыковки для КВ, который обеспечит жесткую стыковку двух капитал кораблей, или капитал корабля и базы с полной герметизацией. Как пример стыковочноло модуля могу привести любительский мод для игры Космические инжинеры. http://spaceengineers.ru/mods_workshop/2288 Это не для рекламы, а как пример. Если разработчики добавят такой модуль, это даст игрокам создавать капитал корабли из двух-трех почти самодостаточных модулей, один из которых - основной (несущий), с двигателями для перелетов в космосе и варп двигателями, и посадочными модулями-ангарами с SV и/или HV, или мини-базами. Это избавит от посадки на планеты всего капитал корабля.
    2 - создание еще одного типа корабля, который сможет пристыковываться к CV, и к которому, в свою очередь смогут пристыковаться SV и HV.

Первый вариант может позволить объединить модули капитала в одну структуру, которая будет как один капитал, что в свою очередь избавит от лагов, в виде открепления шасси от несущего корабля.
    Мне, лично, нравится первый вариант. Но решать не мне, а разработчикам.

English.
    The main problem that makes give many kiloton CV to the planet is small vehicles(SV) and howery(HV). If small is still possible to put the hover - way.
    There are some simple solutions from the user's point of view, but difficult from the developer's point of view (for no other way to explain the lack of such).
    1 - module connections for the quarter, which will provide a rigid joining of two capital ships or capital ship and base with complete hermetic sealing. As an example, stykovochnye module can give Amateur mod for the game Space engineers. http://spaceengineers.ru/mods_workshop/2288 This is not for advertisement, but as an example. If the developers will add such a module, it will give players to create capital ships from two or three almost self-contained modules, one of which - the main (carrier), with engines for flights in space and warp engines, and landing modules-hangars from SV and/or HV, or mini-bases. This will prevent from landing on the planet in just a capital ship.
    2 - the creation of another type of ship that will be able to dock with CV, which in turn will be able to dock SV and HV.

The first option can allow you to combine modules into a single capital structure, which will as a single capital, which in turn will eliminate the lag, in the form detach the chassis from the carrier ship.
    I, personally, like the first option. But to solve not to me but to the developers.

P.S. If you wrote the wrong topic asking a moderator to move the post, or you can specify where to move my post.
    P.S.S. Sorry for my shitty English, translated the Google.

13. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

I have light armour with tvo EVAs, Comfort zone starting at -130 which is enough for Akua space etc. Haven't seen any changes to them for a while.

Zor_The_Cruel and Sokuaisushi like this.
  14. Sokuaisushi

Sokuaisushi Lieutenant

Yeah I suppose you're right actually. Acceleration is just thrust divided by mass afterall. And in theory, given enough thrust you could approach light speed in any craft regardless of size. However it would take a lot longer for something big to reach the same speed as something a lot smaller, given the same thrust. This is definitely how it should be done in game as well.

15. Sacksquatch

Sacksquatch Captain

Top speeds and acceleration are pretty important. I remember back in the day, space games had no top speeds. Combat was like jousting where you have half a second to shoot, hope you didn't collide, then turn around and notice you've just overshot your enemy by about 20-30k while you wait for your ship to overcome it's own momentum.

Then space games became super arcadey for a while. I'd like for some kind of middle compromise. Fast, but dogfightey and responsive, without it becoming a 'go in circles, chase the circle, shoot the circle'.

Syncretos and VISION305 like this.
  16. Starwing6

Starwing6 Rear Admiral

Is that true only if you configure them differently? I just tried them out of the box. I visited all the vendors but didn't see items like that. I saw a lot of items I'm not likely to need to buy, so using it for roll playing was already a nice addition. Buying more useful things would be better :D

17. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Boost, Suits and Kits are available with the default trader setting. ;-)

Zor_The_Cruel and Starwing6 like this.
  18. Iluminator

Iluminator Lieutenant

I found it right at the beginning of the new game ...
    [​IMG]

19. mR_kAt

mR_kAt Captain

Did they change the fuel system not to magically make Promethium cells from Hydrogen cells now? If so, thanks for that change! :3

I also noticed the lights were taken off of gun... why is that? I always enjoyed the functionality of it... perhaps add the light as a customizable option for the weapon with a specific blueprint or weapon kit?

I only just did a quick reset of Akura and I noticed the night time is still as bright as the previous part of exp patch 6... is there any chance of reverting it to part 3's setting? IMHO it really looked best during part 3. It's a shame you keep brightening it up... there really should be no need to lighten it up now with suit lights and night vision. :p

Are there any plans to change the 20th century weaponry to not be reliant on weapon kits (e.g. minigun and non-homing rocket launcher)?

Other then that, things are looking up... :D

20. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Weapon-lights are extraneous with the shoulder-light, and interfere with night-vision use. Unless/until a toggle for weapon light is implemented separately (low priority, if at all), it's unlikely they'll make a return again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.