Alpha Experimental 6.0 - Release Candidate 2

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, May 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Oh, ok, thank you for the clarification. So it just removes them - that would make sense then what you are asking that It would be based on the owner, not just anyone. And no, I haven't been on a MP server.

But I still fail to see how this relates to the regeneration of POI's? Or did I misunderstood that too - that it doesn't? :)

Starwing6 and Daede like this.
  2. draqsko

draqsko Commander

At least put a slope to wall height block on top of that ammo box, jeesh.

Gorby likes this.
  3. bruehlerjung

bruehlerjung Ensign

Hi Guys,
    i would like to share RC2. How do i get it ?
    Many thanks in advance

4. Daede

Daede Rear Admiral

Have you tested and can confirm that POIs regenerate after 2 minutes? This seems a little ridiculous, and my response to you will depend directly on that answer. Edit: I thought you needed to be 120 meters from the POI for it to regenerate... If it's on a 2 minute timer, I really, really don't get that

Wizzy likes this.
  5. draqsko

draqsko Commander

Opt-in to the beta in Steam.

Go to Steam library, right click on EGS, then select Properties.

Under the Betas tab, select the Test Branch in the top dropdown box.

6. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Yes. If no player are within 120m at the time of respawn. If there are, it will start the count down again once no players are within 120m.

Daede likes this.
  7. Daede

Daede Rear Admiral

How long is the respawn timer by default?

Wizzy likes this.
  8. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Two minutes seems to be the default atleast for testing purposes currently. No idea whether its the actual default for the public release.

Daede likes this.
  9. Ranger

Ranger Rear Admiral

I don't mean to be rude at all, but if that's their attitude, they are here for the wrong reasons, and it is best if they just wait for full, finished, final release. But then what? They'll be bored and quitting just as quickly as they did with 5.5

mR_kAt, Gorby, Mulac and 2 others like this.
  10. Daede

Daede Rear Admiral

Okay, well 2 minutes is absolutely retarded.

Here's the problem with the current touched system as it applies to regenerating POIs:

I want regenerating POIs on my wipe-safe playfields, but I don't want people farming epics like they're the only type of weapon made, so I set my POI regen timer to 7 days. That means 7 days after a POI has been visited, if nobody else visits it, it will regenerate.

With the CURRENT touched system, no matter what's been done to that base or how badly its destroyed, if someone - anyone - so much as stands on top of it, the timer is reset and the POI will not regenerate for ANOTHER 7 days.

This does not work on MP, rendering this feature useless. The problem is that people touch things. They stand on things. They fly around trying to get into things. Everything gets touched. ALL THE TIME. NOTHING gets deleted. EVER. In the case of regenerating POIs, nothing will get regenerated. Ever. As soon as someone stands on top of it, add a week. Just like how nothing ever gets deleted and "remove unvisited structures" is the most wasted code in this game.

This system has been horribly broken since the games inception. Hopefully, these regenerating POIs will bring some attention to it and get it fixed, because I've been screaming this shit at the top of my lungs for months, now.

Wizzy likes this.
  11. Groza

Groza Lieutenant

[​IMG]

Hive, rainyday, draqsko and 1 other person like this.
  12. Daede

Daede Rear Admiral

The POI regeneration system needs to offer the ability to work on a FIXED timer that starts when a POI is FIRST visited, and tries again every 60 seconds until there's not someone within 120m of it when the time comes to regenerate it. Until then, I can't use it at all. Too bad, too, because I was so excited for this. I guess since it's fucked, I can just use my current yamls and upgrade. Not even gonna bother with this until it works right.

Wizzy, mR_kAt, Ganelon and 1 other person like this.
  13. Ranger

Ranger Rear Admiral

No, it just happens. It comes and starts attacking the starter base, begins its wholeup/down routine but doesn't respect terrain to stop the down part. Then, it's underground, firing at your base from below and ignoring wall blocks to destroy interior components. Absolutely no way to combat it

mR_kAt and Daede like this.
  14. LoganB

LoganB Ensign

People play for different reasons. Some play for the multiplayer experience and interaction it provides. If those other people are quitting or holding out until patch launches it might make others more inclined to take a break. It cascades and eventually you're left with only a handful on what was an active server and what might make for a boring experience.

15. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Yeah but makes sense for testing I suppose. You can set that time in YAML, individually to each base.

I was kinda wondering what was the system you were suggesting. That makes sense.

Daede likes this.
  16. Daede

Daede Rear Admiral

And, this is the way it is with Early Access.

I'd rather a proper update take 2 years than rush something out because people are getting tired of waiting

Wizzy, mR_kAt, nexus_absolute and 2 others like this.
  17. Daede

Daede Rear Admiral

Oh, that suggestion is ONLY for regenerating POIs. The actual changes that NEED to be made to the touched system are:

Change: Someone has stood on this in the last XXXX minutes = Visited
    To: The OWNER of this structure has been online in the last XXXX minutes *AND* has visited this structure in that time period = Visited

OWNER can be either a faction or a person. The mod that we're writing does all this, but this shit should have been in the game since day 1. The current system does not work, and never has for MP

Wizzy and Repier like this.
  18. draqsko

draqsko Commander

Do you have a copy of that save you can give to the developers? Even if you posted it before, repost it in this thread.

Edit: I mean the bug thread. Losing track of what I'm viewing here.

19. LoganB

LoganB Ensign

I can appreciate that. Just trying to give some perspective. I play on a pvp-oriented server and most people have drawn down waiting for 6.0 so I can empathize with that person's situation.

Yodarkore and Daede like this.
  20. Ranger

Ranger Rear Admiral

The point is: if they are really quitting simply because 6.0 isn't here yet, then let them quit, because those types of players are constantly in an ADHD cycle of getting bored and wanting the next update, and they're gonna quit just as quickly once the game is finished and nothing new is coming in 4 months. If they really wanted 6.0 that badly, then opt into experimental and help us test.
    Again, I don't want to be rude, buts it's just a passing the buck line of crap, placing blame for something where it doesn't belong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.