Alpha Experimental 6.0 - Release Candidate 4.2

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    [​IMG]
    Hi Galactic Survivalists,

Only 4 days left before Alpha 6.0 hits the road. We are working around the clock to get everything ready for the big day.

We just released Alpha Experimental 6.0 - RC 4.2 with more tweaks and bug fixes. Most likely, there will be only one more update before public release.

Please continue to report any issue or bug in the RC4 bug thread: http://empyriononline.com/threads/bug-reports-alpha-experimental-6-0-release-candidate-4.11376

Cheers,
    Empyrion Dev Team

P.S. We added some screenshots from videos that did not make it into the trailer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

---------------------------

Changelog: Alpha Experimental 6.0.17 (Build 1067)

Visuals / Sounds:
    - Added new background image for main menu and slightly updated logo
    [​IMG]
    We would like to thank "Karissa Cole/ex-astris1701" from Devianart who allowed us to use this awesome background image for Empyrion (http://ex-astris1701.deviantart.com/art/Permanently-Baffled-269262105)

- Added new sound track for main menu

This soundtrack was composed by Rich Douglas (http://www.richdouglas.net) - stay tuned for more great stuff by him :)

GUI Polishing:
    - Improved general list behaviour: selected item is always in visible area
    - Tweaked Control Panel, PDA, Factions, Tech Tree, Blueprints, Marketplace and Registry Windows
    - Added some more overlay icons / logos: Thanks to Kieve and Frigidman
    - Adjusted Chat Window text size

Changes:
    - Added impact of temperature / radiation to difficulty setting (Low, Normal, High, Off)
    - Tweaked EVA Boost: now 1 boost is enough to go into space (but higher penalty)
    - Reduced drop probability of EVA boost
    - Added reception table thin
    - Added more destroyed blocks
    - Removed cockpits and passenger seats from crashed CVs to avoid problems when a player uses them
    - Updated PDA + added preview pics.
    - Updated Havoc POI
    - Updated Ghost + Xenu faction POI: thanks to Rainyday und Frigidman
    - Less jittery movement when some NPCs walk
    - Ventilators can no longer be signal-controlled (in order to avoid significant O2 loss)
    - Reduced intensity of player light
    - Added regenerate timer to 180 for voxel asteroids in Default MP setting
    - Added warning to ventilator that you should not deactivate it manually
    - Temporarily removed Marker Block 3 from Item Menu until it becomes functional

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Drone base cutout area leaving a gap of 1 block.
    - Fixed: Using Registry > CP > Main tab > Manage tabs for fuel/o2/ammo allows to remote-fill from remote
    - Fixed: Drones keep shooting at Personal drone in MP
    - Fixed: When your Personal drone is at the range limit & destroyed the distorted view still appears for the player.
    - Fixed: MP: If Personal drone is destroyed, POI keeps shooting at position and you can not deploy drone again
    - Fixed: You can access container/devices through walls with third person view
    - Fixed: The drop down list in 'Configure signal' for on & off & lock & unlock can overlap the Select Circuit text.
    - Fixed: Standing on or in any vessel & pressing Y to power down vessels can hover with no power (only fix for MP)
    - Fixed: Problem that configurable trigger area of entity spawner was not working correctly
    - Fixed: Corpses of dead enemies block movement
    - Fixed: Drone Base Akua: Defense drones are not replaced
    - Fixed: Destroying the core on the DSE front wreckage results in the entire front section also being destroyed.
    - Fixed: Chat stream overlays "Symbols" checkbox in Texture Tool
    - Fixed: Mouse over while sitting in cockpit does not show tooltips for toolbar items
    - Fixed Difficulty Preset defaulting to "Custom" instead of "Medium" when set to Default settings
    - Fixed: Alien / - Admin Core do not respect Lock Codes for boxes
    - Fixed: Large / Adv. Constructor show templates to be indirectly craft-able even if they are not (according to available resources)
    - Possibly Fixed: Problems with some blueprints (corrupt / crash)
    - Fixed: Armor Locker missing a BACK button when accessed via CP
    - Fixed: Exception in Control Panel when selecting 'Devices' tab
    - Fixed: Some buttons being too dark when disabled
    - Fixed: PDA Tasks not shown on HUD: Default visibility set to OFF
    - Fixed: Can not complete tasks/actions manually
    - Fixed: Playfield Description problems
    - Fixed: Sometimes drone base is spawned under the Escape pods landing area.
    - Fixed: Removing an Entity Spawner block with MT returns a Player Spawner block
    - Fixed: Small vessel Control panel has the 'Turrets' switch in the main tab.
    - Fixed: In the sector list the temps being shown are for your current playfield instead of the playfield you have highlighted
    - Fixed: Ship Stats panel garbled/positioning problems
    - Fixed: Tech tree Disabled Color (Level Header)
    - Fixed: Sector map list should be centered to top and not middle
    - Fixed: Font size in the LCD panel goes back to 7 when exiting & reentering the LCD panel editing window
    - Fixed: Constructors aren't being counted in the statistics tab of all Vessels & BA.
    - Fixed: Size problem with some destroyed blocks.
    - Fixed: LOD distance of Pumpkins is too low.
    - Fixed: Options -> Misc -> 'Units of Temperature', seems to be missing its explanation/hint text

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
    Matt, Zalrik, JTurbo and 34 others like this.
  2. Kannen2711

Kannen2711 Lieutenant

It's so close I can taste it! Keep up the good work!

Hive, Minotaur and dut like this.
  3. Lyamecron

Lyamecron Ensign

I freaking love the new main menu, and the new soundtrack! Great work, finally :)

Minotaur likes this.
  4. Aurex

Aurex Commander

That's some awesome music, reminds me of Mass Effect and of Star Trek: First Contact a little bit :) Nice tweaked background, too... and the bug squashing is ALWAYS very, very much appreciated.

I do not have enough time to play the hell out of this RC as of now, but I surely wish I did... anyway, great job so far! :)

Oh, a little post scriptum from someone who likes the game a lot but dislikes one thing in particular with a fierce passion...
    please, get rid of the weapon kits. Seriously, no tweaking will make the idea of having to raid alien POIs in order to build a commonly used, human-built weapon when you otherwise have the technology to build spaceships with warp drives a good one.

Aelar_Nailo, Syncretos, Kieve and 2 others like this.
  5. amurayiwestgate

amurayiwestgate Commander

> Tweaked EVA Boost: now 1 boost is enough to go into space (but higher penalty)

NICE!

Hive likes this.
  6. NeoBurge

NeoBurge Ensign

PUT THE OLD MUSIC BACK IN THE GAME AS AN OPTION! - that is this games bread and butter - do you know how many times we have heard that sexy epic loop!?

I need time for the new music to grow on me.

7. Pyston

Pyston Captain

I like the idea of the new logo, but I feel like the lines under "Empyrion" make it read like "Empy Rion"

EDIT: I should say the break in the line under "Empyrion" makes it read like "Empy Rion"

EDIT: I have a mockup I made and its posted later in this thread but I am going to add it here along with the commentary in that post.

Quoted from my other post: Please, I am not trying to tell anyone how to do their job. But I created a mockup of the new cover page with a simple fast ornament under "Empyrion" to show how it reads differently.

I also tilted the background so that the menu reads better. The white crossing over was conflicting, made it hard to read.

Lastly, do not squish or stretch your typeface to fit. If you want a shorter typeface, find one that fits. Typefaces should never be stretched. That being said, you will note "Empyrion" and "Galactic Survival are taller, or the original height".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
    Zalrik, Aurex, ImJustSaiyan and 2 others like this.
  8. Jebblue

Jebblue Ensign

- Reduced intensity of player light

What!!?!? Why!?!?!?

9. Starwing6

Starwing6 Captain

Fantastic! I'm glad the PDA tasks not shown in the HUD is fixed--I thought it was because I installed a custom scenario. lol

10. Sacksquatch

Sacksquatch Captain

How would it grow on you if you are listening to the old song? I always play with music off and listen to Queensryche: Operation Mindcrime instead, cuz I'm old and set in my ways, but that album never gets old.

11. ☣.C.H.U.D.☣

☣.C.H.U.D.☣ Commander

Im just keeping it real here..........Im only getting 20 FPS tops
    No matter what i play SP/MP....

I7 Quadcore 2.9
    16gigs ddr3 ram
    1TB 7200rpm drive
    ATI Radeon HD 6990 4g GPU

I even tried to turn everything down to medium......Still the same but looks like shit

12. Havenox

Havenox Ensign

I love the empyrion's songs. Thats to classic and futurist at same time. Just bring me an unexplainable feel

Roachy1 likes this.
  13. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Geezus, dont fly off the handle on something without actually play testing it.

Lights prior to patch: Supernovas which burned your retinas from the reflected glare from every surface... bleeding out colors, textures, and signs.
    Lights after patch: You can STILL FUCKING SEE AT NIGHT, but its not blinding and burning holes in the environment.

What they are now:
    Off / On
    20170603151855_1.jpg 20170603151900_1.jpg
    20170603151927_1.jpg 20170603151928_1.jpg

14. andargor

andargor Commander

Can we please have a dedicated.yaml setting to disable POI regeneration?

EDIT: globally, without having to edit the playfields, that is

Neil and Dietrich like this.
  15. Cra2ytig3r

Cra2ytig3r Commander

Don't worry. I don't think this will not effect the distance of the visible light just how strong the light is. This was needed cause with the player light on some colors up close got all super bright and neon-ish.

16. Wizzy

Wizzy Lieutenant

server list info still broke ........if they still planning to release to stable on the 7th they going to crash and burn already experimental players taken a drastic drop since 2 weeks ago and as they still can not fix the simplest of bugs they need at least another couple weeks as they keep adding crap and not fixing the bugs they said they was going to......

my 2 cents worth hope they take note...

17. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

Its a known isuue.

18. Cra2ytig3r

Cra2ytig3r Commander

Disappointed to see them removed. Cockpits and Passenger seats really helped with the feel of a crashed ship. Without them, its just a base Could we at least get a 'dummy' version to add to crashed CVs? Also can it be required that player has to be in a seat or at a control panel to man turrets? Seems silly that one could be just standing in the middle of an empty room controlling turrets. I hope you all are not working on try to get actual CVs working as ground POIs. BA works just fine for crashed CVs, just give us dummy CV items to be placed in BAs to make them look like CVs.

Thanks, was very much needed. I had to constantly shut it off to see the real color of things.

I think this can be completely avoided with some servers if you allowed server owners to lock players in first person view. I always wanted to make a server with this option & I think it would bring a balance to dog fights. Would also like to see first person view returned while riding the bike. I miss being able to look left & right, while riding.

Nice it needed this. Any word on when this will get its own texture look & icon? Right now its just a recolor of the cryo chamber & mirrored icon.

One last thing. Any plans on bringing back planet gravity wells? For the people who don't know. Yes, planets used to have gravity wells that reached 1000-2000 meters into space. Thus if your ship wasn't powered it would fall to the planet. I really miss shutting down at the edge and letting the gravity well pull me to the planet.

What the Dev team is doing and our reaction to it.
    upload_2017-6-3_13-8-59.gif

19. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator
    Staff Member

• Administrator
  20. Jebblue

Jebblue Ensign

Yeah it's not as bad as it sounded. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.