Alpha Experimental 6.5: Local Coop Integration

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Jul 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    [​IMG]
    The above screenshot is from the new scenario "Shadows of Starlight"

Update: July 21, 2017 - Build 1170

Changes:

- Added Japanese translation - thanks to Metapo
    - Small adjusted to motorbike handling (less sliding)
    - Improved visuals of the dedi window
    - Better naming for local coop buttons and texts
    - Now writing client side console command executions into the log
    - Added message when player tries to start Local Coop game while EAC is active
    - Localized other Local Coop message texts

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: When opening the control panel after adding a device the Properties & configure options are not visible.
    - Fixed: Preview pics subtitles do not work with non-latin text

-------------------------------------------

Update: July 20, 2017 - Build 1169

Changes:
    - Tweaked motorbike: overall better handling (eg better turning and acceleration)
    - Reduced sound of motorbike a bit more.
    - First implementation of fast line-based scrolling list in Control Panel (especially noticeable in large structures with a lot of devices)
    - Now keeping selection when re-opening CP and not looking at another Block
    - Better search in CP device list: Now also showing objects in collapsed groups
    - Local Coop:
    * message that the local dedi is still running is only displayed when this really is the case
    * if starting a local dedi fails no connection attempt is made (but a message displayed)
    - Handheld weapons now auto-reload when they are empty and ammo is available
    - Decreased distance at which HUD objects disappear from 15m to 5m
    - Changed: Color of Status Effects (good status effects are green, bad effects are red).
    - Status Effect Icons in Player Window now use new Tooltip Style
    - Updated localization: RU (Sergei and rainyday) and FR (Eric, Kassonnade and Spartan47)
    - Tweaked sounds of Assault Rifle T1
    - Drill T1 has now same capacity as T2 and it is now made clearer that T2 drill is a major upgrade to T1
    - Color Player Window Life Stats and Durability (Yellow if < 200, Red if < 100)
    - Updated damage texture for Mechanoid and Player Drone
    - Tweaked biome sound on Akua Open Plains (removed annoying cricket sound during night)
    - Reduced sound of footsteps.
    - Added damage texture to Armored Golem.
    - Tweaked texture on destroyed drone.
    - Added icon for "All" button in Constructor filter
    - Temporarily deactivated PDA Mission "delicious green eating"
    - ModApi: when sending export with unload and there are still entities attached to a ship we detach them now

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: COOP Difficulty settings did not work correctly
    - Fixed: Problem with flares on motorbike were shining through player
    - Fixed: Problem that sometimes thrusters stayed on even though they should be switched off
    - Fixed: Problem that motorbike turned into the folded version while player was driving it
    - Fixed: Motorbike not as responsive as expected = not really fun to drive atm

Update: July 19, 2017 - Build 1167

NOTE: Currently, you must disable EAC if you want to start a local Coop server.

Changes:

- Flak: removed homing ability
    - Slightly reduced range of HV artillery to stay below range of some BA player turrets (however, HV artillery is still above range of POI turrets): what do you think about this change?
    - Tweaked collider on spiders and alien bugs (more difficult to hit head for head shoot bonus).
    - Reduced damage inflicted by Zirax shotgun.
    - Reduced degradation of Player Armor
    - Removed 3d blood particle effect in first-person view. We now only show the 2d blood particle effect on the screen
    - Added dead texture to white slime.
    - Updated Alien Fern planet: better wind movement on plant.

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Problem with mining in local coop / MP
    - Fixed: Server detail infos not shown anymore
    - Fixed: Turret shooting: turret could hit player even though player is in turret’s “dead angle” -> now gun elevation/depression of each turret is taken into account
    - Fixed: Problem that Alien Bug 04 could shoot through walls in certain use cases.
    - Fixed: ModAPI: Entity Export + Spawn not sending correctly to Mod

Hi Galactic Survivalists!

We are very excited to release Alpha Experimental 6.5 with the brand new local coop mode. From now on, it will be very easy to setup a local coop game and play with your friends.

How to start a local coop server?
    - There is a new dropdown button in the New Game menu
    [​IMG]
    - You can configure the main parameters for your local coop game:
    [​IMG]
    - Your friends can easily join your game, either via the friends tab in the in-game server browser or via "Join Game" by clicking on a friend in the Steam client
    Note: for starting a COOP server you need to switch EAC to OFF!

Please report all gameplay bugs found in Alpha Experimental 6.5 here: http://empyriononline.com/threads/bug-reports-alpha-experimental-6-5-x.12331/

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,

Empyrion Dev Team

=============================

Changelog: Alpha Experimental 6.5.0 (Build 1165)

New Local Coop Mode:
    - Fully integrated local coop mode
    - Implemented resuming a non-local coop game in local coop mode
    - Creating adminconfig.yaml file with game creator configured as admin
    - Added internal default values for local coop: no antigrief, no restrictions on number of structures etc

New Scenario:
    [​IMG]

- Integrated a new community made scenario: "Shadows of Starlight" https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=971651504
    - A big thank you to "amurayiwestgate" and "Taun Hawk"
    - In our opinion, this scenario is really awesome. Let us know what you think.
    - We are looking forward to your feedback here: http://empyriononline.com/threads/feedback-scenario-shadows-of-starlight.12334

Improved NPC combat:
    - Added rotation speed to NPC (each NPC now has a different rotation speed)
    - More realistic shooting of NPC (now they must rotate completely towards player before they shoot) - we will add dispersion very soon
    - Adjusted detection angle of several NPCs: increased or decreased depending on the type of NPC (eg dinos now have a 270 degrees angle while eg Zirax have a smaller angle)

Gameplay:
    - Changed: Allow exit of Vessel at 0.1 or 0.2 m/s instead of 0
    - Updated rotation speed of turrets (now turrets rotate a bit slower and there is a difference in rot speed between turrets).
    - Set turret to neutral position when idle
    - Flak has now homing missiles
    - Rebalanced explosion damage on all devices (reduced range)
    - Increased Dmg Multi Head on several weapons.

Balancing:
    - Increased strength of all medipacks by 50% + medikits are healing faster now.
    - Reduced HP of NPC spawners to make them easier to destroy with weapons.
    - Slightly reduced weapon damage of NPC distant weapons
    - Rebalanced armor values of some devices (eg turrets take now damage from handheld weapons)
    - Explosives are more effective against devices now (eg doors) and less effective against hull blocks
    - Reduced HP and RoF of sentry guns.
    - Slightly reduced damage inflicted by Mechanoid robot

Visuals and Sounds:
    - Updated cockpit 6 based on builder feedback (fits now better to our blocks)
    - Tweaked motorbike start and stop sound
    - Driving sound of motorbike is now less loud
    - Tweaked animation controller of several NPCs (adapted walking anim)
    - Added destroyed version of Armored Golem.
    - Tweaked heavy snow effect: smaller particles, less fast, larger area where they drop
    - Tweaked open/close sound of barrels: a bit lower volume.
    - Tweaked sound of generator: a bit lower volume and reduced distance from which it can be heard.
    - Tweaked death sound of Zirax
    - Tweaked hit animation of Zirax
    - Destroyed drone sound (fire) is heard less far
    - NPC sound is now heard less far (40m instead of 50m)
    - Slightly reduced intensity of player light.
    - Tweaked sound of laser rifle
    - Better rotation animation for NPCs
    - Tweaked sound of assault rifle T2
    - Adjusted camera to avoid clipping of laser shots that hit player
    - Tweaked weapon hold position of Assault Rifle T1

Changes:
    - Added new SV Tier 5 Stock prefab. Thanks to McFluffFace http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=843756644
    - Added white slime to Ningues
    - Added spinosaurus to Masperon Swamp and added small dino to Oscutune
    - New server browser list: Line-scrolling list now supports scrolling with the mouse wheel + making a manually selected line visible
    - Added Russian to Bitmap Font list in FontManager
    - Server browser's Connect button is now disabled if no list entry is selected and the manually entered IP address is invalid

Updated Localization.csv: FR / RU
    - RU = thanks to Sergei Vasiliev, foxes and Runningwithhamsters
    - FR = thanks to Eric Rosson, Kassonnade and woowoo

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Problem that audio on several weapons did not play correctly (especially when firing just one shot on automatic weapons)
    - Fixed: Problem that several NPCs did have a shooting sound anymore
    - Fixed: Drill on HV is loud in the beginning but after 2sec the volume becomes normal
    - Fixed: Its possible for players who dont have any admin permission's in MP to change the weather.
    - Fixed: After having aggravated NPC you can lose the aggro shortly after by running around the NPC.
    - Fixed: Homing missiles don't circle around you any more
    - Fixed: Problem that turrets did not hit reliable anymore
    - Fixed: Random COQ and lost connection from dedicated server
    - Fixed: First Explosive placed on an enemy block does not damage block
    - Fixed: Several problems with backwards-build vessels
    - Fixed: Max-Speed not available for UP DOWN LEFT RIGHT if FRONT BACK thrusters are deactivated
    - Fixed: Backwards-build vessel with missing front thruster has 7m/s speed cap
    - Fixed: HV T2 Drill effect stays active when changing a slot while in use
    - Fixed: Problem with range of particle effect of drill attachment T2 (inconsistency between effect and visuals)
    - Fixed: LOD of various 'Tech Equipment Deco' is very low.
    - Fixed: When loading into a save or new game & opening the Map the planet info was blank.
    - Fixed: Problem that some rocks were floating in air.
    - Fixed: Visual issue when Sun shines behind a Planet in the foreground
    - Fixed: Texture artifacts on Cockpit 6 (long fighter cockpit)
    - Fixed: Placing 2 RepairBays possible by using Mirror Mode
    - Fixed: Problem with re-filling after having used sorting in new line-scrolling list
    - Fixed: The temperature of the Furnace doesn't change when it is disabled via CP
    - Fixed: Line-scrolling list auto-selection (lead to flickering when entering an IP address in multiplayer window)
    - Fixed: Drop grid not functioning properly in Mod Item Exchange Window
    - Fixed: Several localization issues

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    ButtonPusher, Ankios, Matt and 26 others like this.
  2. michaelhartman89

"Improved NPC combat:
    - Added rotation speed to NPC (each NPC now has a different rotation speed)
    - More realistic shooting of NPC (now they must rotate completely towards player before they shoot) - we will add dispersion very soon
    - Adjusted detection angle of several NPCs: increased or decreased depending on the type of NPC (eg dinos now have a 270 degrees angle while eg Zirax have a smaller angle)"

Gameplay:
    - Changed: Allow exit of Vessel at 0.1 or 0.2 m/s instead of 0

Balancing:
    - Increased strength of all medipacks by 50% + medikits are healing faster now.
    - Reduced HP of NPC spawners to make them easier to destroy with weapons.
    - Slightly reduced weapon damage of NPC distant weapons
    - Rebalanced armor values of some devices (eg turrets take now damage from handheld weapons)
    - Explosives are more effective against devices now (eg doors) and less effective against hull blocks
    - Slightly reduced damage inflicted by Mechanoid robot

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally, Thanks ELEON! You guys are terrific

3. amurayiwestgate

amurayiwestgate Commander

Yay!

TK85 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  4. JuStX2

JuStX2 Commander

Question: when this hits main branch - will we need to create a new save game to take full advantage of the tweaks to spawns and NPC Combat? I ask because the DS I play on desperately needs these changes but we already have a CV on Ocustune (however it's spelled) - so I think that'd be a major sticking point for the Server admin if they had to start over so soon after the server went up; but they definitely know the changes are needed :p

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  5. JuStX2

JuStX2 Commander

I misread "Terrific" as "Terrible" at second reading - but then I realized my eyes were going bad :p

The changes to exit speeds on vehicles will be most welcome indeed - you should see how hard it is to get off some of my HVs when they get on a slope :p

6. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

These make me particularly happy :) Thanks for the update.

Scoob.

7. Kane Hart

Kane Hart Administrator
    Staff Member

• Administrator
    Love the new local coop and I love that screen shot of the Shadows of Starlight Scenario.

8. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

9. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

WOW! The new Shadows of Starlight scenario has me enthralled.

I wasn't very excited until I found myself in the mobile command module, or whatever it's technical commando name is. I knew what I had to do because of the mission briefing. No really, I read the whole thing... it was a struggle, but I made it.

So, I loaded up with supplies and opened the door. Pitch black... thankfully nothing shooting... lol... nv on, and... it's cold as hell and downright barren.

I hop out and scan the surroundings for threats, but nothing immediate.

There is what looks like an old refinery 600m away, might as well check it out while it's still dark.

I managed to get within 300m or so, using boulders for cover. Gotta say, my paintball skills really came in handy here.

I pulled out my rifle and scoped it out... definitely has power, nothing moving. Can't see any turrets. Haven't been shot at yet. I decide to play it safe, drop a waypoint and head back to the module... no telling what the light will bring on this planet.

Heck yes! This is what this game should be like. None of the run and gun die run and gun die run and gun die nonsense. Ok, maybe certain scenarios. However, my stance is clear, Death is "game over" in SP. Probably won't work in MP, but in SP, this game is primed for it. Scenarios like this illustrate it perfectly. I took a few minutes of my life to try this scenario out. Spent maybe 20 minutes but stopped to write. I want to continue playing.

Well done!

10. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Captain

Can't you just make a blueprint of your CV and ask the admin to spawn it for you in a fresh game?

I already started a fresh game (Akua start), to avoid carrying bugs from one version to another. I landed too close to a fortress and had to hide behind the escape pod. I was almost dead after the "transition" from the landing to being "ready" in game. Splats of blood and red laser shots were what I first saw, and I just started another game right there. This time I tried to get to the other side of a lake and landed just on the steep edge over the water, and the escape pod slowly rolled in the lake... I dived, and found lots of seaweed all around the pod! This is very good news for new players!

rucky, binhthuy71 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  11. Hellion

Hellion Commander

First thing i thought of is maybe make clones cost both time and resources. For example you can't respawn until a clone is developed and creating a clone costs a bunch of resources. Otherwise its start over, either with an entirely new file or maybe at lvl 1 coming down in a new pod. You could have to fight your own defenses to recore and claim your own base. That would give so much replayability for single player files.

12. Captain Jack II

Captain Jack II Rear Admiral

Reminds me of an old old old game. If you died, you became a ghost. You could still do stuff, but you were invisible, mostly, to the rest of the online world. Every once in a while someone would come along and revive your body and you'd become whole again and continue your game, or you could just haunt people until you got bored and started over.

13. eLLe

eLLe Lieutenant

6.5, this speed will quickly reach 7.0 and the game will not bring anything new and spectacular.
    Maybe it's time to play some other games
    and I come back for a couple of months in a whole new world, I hope.

14. dtmullican

dtmullican Commander

Sounds like Ultima Online, iirc.

15. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Commander

Well aren't you a bundle of positivity, you do not know what the devs have planned, you do not know what they will add in 7.0. None of us does.

16. malrose1

malrose1 Lieutenant

Just had aa instance that could possibly be an exploit.... was removing the recently introduced laser drill from my mining HV whilst it was sitting on a repair block. I was removing 6 put ended up with 9.... the repair block replaced 3 as the multi tool made the final hits to remove. Not complaining of course.... anyone else had this happen ?

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  17. Christianholmes

Christianholmes Captain

I had pretty much all these bugs/problems in playthrough of shadows of starlight- which was AMAZING btw. The best 6.0 patch yet.

18. Gatt

Gatt Captain

Many great bug fixes, player light intensity and exiting a moving vessel fixes are very welcome. I have been using a modified version of the manta dropship for a while now it is one of my favorite ships, in glad to see it added to the game.

Tyrax Lightning and rainyday like this.
  19. TheDeadlyShoe

TheDeadlyShoe Captain

urgh why

it was already plenty effective

20. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

The biggest things typically happen when the first digit increases. The minor updates that follow are for cleaning up. Look at the difference between the last 5.x and 6.0. It's a whole different game.

They typically go through 4-6 minor versions before hitting the next major update. So it seems we might be getting close to 7.0. When they do it won't just be "we added a new tree." ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.