Alpha Experimental 6.7.0: Patch 2

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Sep 5, 2017.

1. BakerAble

BakerAble Lieutenant

I havent checked it yet with the new experimental version.

I was referring to how it isnt working in the current "stable" release. Sorry for causing confusion. If it still does not work in exp - I'll send BP.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

I'm not sure tbh seems to be a issue for some people with windows 10 when their files are acting like this.

Can you do a complete reboot of your pc & try again maybe ?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  3. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

No problem I wasn't sure if you meant in B1213 :)

4. michaelhartman89

Already did, i just decided to factory reset my pc since Empyrion is the only thing on it

Tyrax Lightning and Wellingtoon like this.
  5. Thivik

Thivik Lieutenant

To delete files that require admin specific rights (even though you are an administrator) do this:

click on the start button, type cmd, instead of hitting "enter" hit control+shift+enter , it should ask you for admin permission, click okay
    from this administrative command console you should be able to type "start c:\" and hit enter, that should open up an explorer window with admin context, then just browse to the folder/files in question and delete them. depending on your security settings, you may not be able to use the start c:\ trick and instead have to type in the full path that you want to delete i.e. rd /s "C:\path to files"

let me know if that doesn't work

vicomt and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  6. MiRION

MiRION Ensign

Ye~~~s finally Korean.:)

7. michaelhartman89

I aleady formatted my computer, so it'll be ok. I just saved that for future reference. Thanks!

Fractalite and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  8. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Hopefully... when it's ready, & not a moment before.

Pyston likes this.
  9. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Considering the changes involved... gosh, definitely dont rush this one!

10. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Finally! Someone else with this problem. Forgive me Mike, I do not always pay attention to these general announcement threads. I have been having this trouble too(for weeks) and it will come back up even with a re-install of windows(which I did.) The only way to address it in the short term is to shut off your computer completely, then turn it back on(not just restart or sleep) - it seems to kind of re-insert you as admin.

For me this started as of an August 6th update to windows 10(windows specifically told me it was larger and thus I would have to allot some time for it,) and it seems to only affect steam games - perhaps some sort of tiff involving Microsoft attempting to corner against Steam? I have no idea. Either way, it has affected both Endless space 2 and Empyrion when re-installing, swtiching between releases(example: experimental and public,) and BP's. I have also tried to "bang on a pan" and get Eleon to pay attention to it and I think they heard me but I am not sure if they can do anything about this.

Please be careful; for both you and everyone reading this because it is sometimes hazardous when updating BP's - if you get a message when trying to update a BP that says, "Could not save BP" or somesuch, then it will actually delete it from your library upon a shutdown and start of your computer and until that point you will be unable to access it.