Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 7.0 - Part III

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Oct 7, 2017.

1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    [​IMG]
    The above screenshot shows the updated terrain for Akua

Update: Build 1277
    - Fixed: Problem that rotate gizmo for selection tool was not visible

========================

Hi Galactic Survivalists!

Welcome to Part III of our Alpha 7 experimental phase! Our main topic this time: Optimization and refinement. We added more handmade terrains for you to test out and the new grass is now nicer and is eating up less performance. We also added a density setting for grass!

For our builders, testing the new features in the Building Helper menu (N): You now can rotate your copied parts!

In any case, especially if you are new to Experimental 7.0, please make sure you read through the FAQ and HELP topics before starting a new game. https://empyriononline.com/forums/experimental-features-discussion.35/

Please also report new and recurring bugs over here: https://empyriononline.com/threads/bug-reports-alpha-experimental-7-0.15379/

If you do not see your issue fixed in the current changelog, it would be of great help, if you could re-test your issue with the new version and report it again in the bug section - in case your problem is not fixed yet.

What’s next?
    We are also slowly but steadily approaching the public release. We are planning to release Part IV next week and the Release Candidate the weekend after the Part IV release. Both will now concentrate more on bug fixing and optimizations. Small feature updates not ruled out, of course. ;-)

Cheers,

Empyrion Dev Team

============

CHANGELOG: Alpha Experimental 7.2.0 (Build 1276)

Important: We renamed the playfield NewSnow2 into NewSnow and removed NewSnow2: Consequence is that all save games where you have been on Ningues are not useable anymore! Sorry for the inconveniences (note: it will only affect save games that have been started during the EXP phase)

Updated / Added Planetary Terrains:
    - Updated terrain of Akua: less mountains, more valleys (renamed playfield: instead of NewTemperate500 > NewTemperate)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    - Added new terrain for the Moon
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    - Added new terrains for Aitis
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    - Switched terrain for Masperon moon and planet (+ added new terrain for Masperon moon - still WIP)
    - Renamed NewSnow2 into NewSnow and removed NewSnow2: Consequence = all save games where you have been on Ningues are not useable anymore!!! (only affects EXP save games)

Updated Grass:
    - Added new grass with more natural looks, higher render distance and better performance
    - If you have a slow PC, it's now possible to modify grass density without changing the render distance > see "Grass Density" under Video Options
    Note: New grass is still WIP and will improve in the next update (color, distribution, removal etc)

Selection Box Update:
    - Switch between scaling and moving of selection box now via clicking on the black sphere of the gizmo
    - Added possibility to rotate a selection

Changes:
    - Overall optimization: reduced stuttering when flying over the terrain
    - Reduced spawn rate of NPC: what do you think - how does it feel now?
    - Added new texture table for alien blocks (for now only 2 textures to choose from - more to come)
    - Instead of "current number of repairs" now display "number of repairs left"
    - Added some default metal textures to wood texture tool on page 2
    - Improved local coop connection timing if you have slow internet access
    - Updated POI: abandoned factory -> thanks to Fractalite
    - Updated Localization for several languages

Gameplay / Balancing:
    - Slightly increased drill speed of Drill Attachment HV
    - All Auto Mining Devices can now only be crafted in advanced constructor
    - HV drills and drill turrets can now mine/destroy any surface-rock

Visuals / Sound:
    - Updated model for Constructor Mobile
    - Tweaked outline for resources of ore scanner

PDA Update:
    - Enhanced PDA check 'NearUnit' to work with fixed POI's, use the spawn name (not the Blueprint name) to specify the POI
    - NearUnit markers are now placed a little lower (not above the device)
    - Log a warning if a playfield contains no POI's at all and a NearUnit or NearPOI check is used in PDA
    - Prohibit auto-completion of PDA NearUnit actions if the specified POI and / or device cannot be found

Updated Scenario: Dawn of Galaxy
    - replaced Elia, Maiy, Moons and some other planets with new splatmap terrain
    - changed some resource deposits due new gameplay changes (e.g. no Magnesium on Elia)
    - added promethium pellets to Ex-7 Station due new requirement for ammunition receipt
    - prepared new PDA additions (e.g. spawn Drones via PDA)

Added new Instances / Missions for Default SP and MP:
    1. Top Gun Mission: fight in a fast paced battle with your SV against massive space drones and capture the Enemy Base to escape
    2. Elemental Space Race: a PDA driven space race through 15 checkpoints with a big reward - in case you are fast enough and get rid of your Alien followers
    > thanks to RexXxus and sacredglade

Added "PerlinCol" parameter to Playfield Yaml:
    - Color Variation for Grass/Deco Plants.
    0 = No color change
    1 = Greyscale Color Variation
    2 = Full Color Variation
    Default is 1 (Greyscale)

Updated internal references due to renaming of some items:
    If you are using a custom TraderConfig.ecf, you need to update the following names:
    Pipes > Nanotubes
    ReactorCore > CobaltAlloy
    Cables > OpticalFiber
    MetalComponents > MechanicalComponents
    AdvancedCPU > Oscillator
    ControlPanel > EnergyMatrix

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Problem with spawning of AI Planet Vessel HQ (sometimes it spawned on top of other POIs)
    - Fixed: Signal toggle in Control Panel not working in MP
    - Fixed: AlienBug03 can fire through thin wall blocks & Inward round slope
    - Fixed: Holoscreens show "micro tiling" when placed the first time
    - Fixed: NPC spider getting stuck in terrain
    - Fixed: Random resources may not appear in-game when too much deposits are already placed near POIs
    - Fixed: Blocks sometimes did not vanish after being removed
    - Fixed: AutoMiner can be placed below a deposit and works
    - Fixed: AutoMiner creates Ore when placed AFTER a deposit reached 0%
    - Fixed: Ore Scanner won't show ore if it's in the toolbar whilst sat inside a cockpit.
    - Fixed: Ore scanner in inventory does not work when resuming game
    - Fixed: Ore Scanner overlay sometimes stay visible
    - Fixed: Ore deposit does not vanish from HUD / Map when emptied but still showing with 0%
    - Fixed: Enabling Turrets is causing drones to not track or fire at player vessels
    - Fixed: Auto Mining Devices sometimes didn't resume production when resuming a savegame
    - Fixed: Problem that rotating a texture was not possible on blocks that were not in their default rotation
    - Fixed: Problem with bullet spread of shotgun
    - Fixed: Problem that emissive of some devices were not switched off when power was off
    - Fixed: Distorted effected with parallax mapping on textures
    - Fixed: Levels, XP and UP do not work as reward
    - Fixed: Problem that one face was missing for "Hull Armored" preview icon
    - Fixed: Internal error when opening the PDA
    - Fixed: Problem with "Localization key 'abc' is already present"
    - Fixed: BAO Dion III Player Admin spawning randomly on Omicron sometimes under terrain or on top of other POI's
    - Fixed: 'File exception' when saving using the terrain editor
    - Fixed: DrillT1 info for Stone Removal now correctly states that it automatically collects ores
    - Fixed: Problem that Man on Moon mission could not be completed in MP

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  2. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator
    Staff Member

Awesome list of fixes and features!

Question on textures... Do they replace the existing textures? Or would I need to update my yaml files for servers idle?

lilmunch360 and VISION305 like this.
  3. Bocephus666

Bocephus666 Lieutenant

WOOT!!

Updating my client and test server now!

4. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Currently steam is having some issues with download speeds you may need to change region in steam>settings>downloads temporarily if you have issues with downloading.

Northwest Africa region was good for myself.

5. Ramachandra

Ramachandra Captain

Excellent!

6. stimdealer0001

stimdealer0001 Captain

Thanks again for the amazing progress toward 7.0.

7. Haravin

Haravin Lieutenant

When are you guys going to release tools so we can make our own splatmap terrains?

Also, is the asteroid problem fixed? (asteroids not spawning)

8. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

:eek: wat?? o_O

really??? :confused:

WOAAAAA!!!!!!! :eek:

+1+1+1+1+1+1+1 :D:D:D:D

! THANK YOU !

(I hope I can re-apply this mission as often as I like...)

michaelhartman89 likes this.
  9. Ramachandra

Ramachandra Captain

"For our builders, testing the new features in the Building Helper menu (N): You now can rotate your copied parts!"
    How is it work? I can not figure it out.

10. StaticHair

StaticHair Ensign

So when you have your selection and have it copied, move to the general area you wish to place it, and paste it. It will appear in a Green Box. Then click the black sphere in the Center of the selector twice, and the arrows should change to curved arrows. that will allow you to rotate it.

Cheers.

11. Neal

Neal Captain

Click the "gizmo" (the yellow ball) twice and you'll see arrows for turning the object.

Ramachandra likes this.
  12. Thee Wolf

Thee Wolf Lieutenant

Nicely Described Static ;)

13. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

Good work as always, it was funny when I discovered that you need to flip block around to rotate texture - quite a 'rubik's cube' type of bug :D

Now, serious question - new Akua is not compatible with old one... Saved game is not working for me, not a 'survival' or a 'creative' one - I don't care about it but I DO care about one thing - is it possible to find & save in-progress build ship in this 'old' creative game from earlier today Akua? I didn't saved blueprint of thing I build...

14. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Commander

Can't load saved game started in 7.1.1 after exp build 1276 dl & installed.

Began save game approx 24 hrs ago. Default everything and hadn't left Akua.

Think these are the relevant log lines;

07-18:54:04.877 11_54 -LOG- Local player --redacted--
    07-18:54:17.679 11_54 -LOG- Window 'FullTexture' is already open
    07-18:54:18.754 11_54 -LOG- Starting SP/MP game
    07-18:54:18.758 11_54 -LOG- Save game version Experimental 7.1.1, Build 1268
    Exception: Playfield Ningues has unknown playfield type Undefined
    at Assembly-CSharp.ToolboxCollection+NodeService.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Assembly-CSharp.ViewInfo+TreeNodeList.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Assembly-CSharp.MethodSet+AssistantSite.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Assembly-CSharp.MethodSet+ViewDesigner.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Assembly-CSharp.MethodSet+ImageToken.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    (Filename: Line: -1)

07-18:54:25.793 11_54 -LOG- Disconnect clicked by user
    07-18:54:25.804 11_54 -LOG- Got disconnected from server: Disconnected
    07-18:54:25.808 11_54 -LOG- Playfield saving
    07-18:54:25.900 11_54 -EXC- System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    at Assembly-CSharp.ViewInfo.DisposeGroup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    07-18:54:25.927 11_54 -LOG- Unloading playfield 'Akua'
    07-18:54:29.923 11_54 -LOG- OnApplicationQuit

Edit: clicking on the saved game in resume game menu the "?error occured Continue, Mail & Con..." window popped up. Since I never have an email tied to a browser I can't email whatever the msg was to you. Clicking Continue just results in the background image, never loaded map or entered world. ESC did pop up normal upper left options so could gracefully exit game and exit program.

Just a thought: if the info in that email is something additional to log entries possibly add an option to display so that it can be copied and pasted into formus?

15. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Go into the save file & delete the 'NewSnow2' file in the templates folder & also delete the sectors.yaml so new ones are generated then relaunch the game & try again

Temeplates folder:
    Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Games\SaveFileNameHere\Templates

Sectors folder:
    Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Games\SaveFileNameHere\Sectors

Space Beagle likes this.
  16. Mr. Bits

Mr. Bits Commander

Outstanding - looking forward to test!

17. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Commander

There wasn't a "NewSnow2" file. Deleting the Sectors.yaml allowed save to load. Terrain was doubled. my base, the Havoc module, was still there fine, and the terrain looked the same at it's lvl, but there was another world above it. So could look up and see features, grass, mountains, etc.

There had been only "NewTemperate500" in Templates folder prior to getting into save. Once I exited and looked there was also a "New Temperate" folder.

Deleted "NewTemperate500", loaded, same.
    Re-deleted Sectors.yaml, same.
    Deleted Sectors & NewTemperate, same.

Messed up and didn't save a copy of "NewTemperate500", so can't restore that folder.

Space Beagle likes this.
  18. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

Erasing 'sectors.yaml' helped me to start game and to save 'lost ship' on Akua - but game does not look playable from previous save, terrain is 'doubled' and on different height.
    It is not problem for me, it was only for experimental game testing - will start another :)

19. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Can you attach the save to a bug report here pls https://empyriononline.com/threads/bug-reports-alpha-experimental-7-0.15379/

With some of the changes done recently you may need to start a new game.

20. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Captain

Resource asteroids still instantly crash the playfield when they try to fall, so I'm assuming they haven't been fixed yet.

Spawn rate was kind of extreme, but I actually liked it. I was playing a new save on custom playfield with everything set to hard, and the planet crawling with essentially unkillable (until I finally managed to build a HV after 10 hours of dodging around and sneaking to resource nodes) hostiles made it so far the most interesting start I've had. Zero deaths to build a warp capable ship actually felt like accomplishment. :D

Opinions were kind of mixed, but I've seen a few other positive comments about it. If possible, would be great if that slightly insane setting could be kept in the game - perhaps add a spawn rate "extreme" as a new difficulty setting?

itdocman and rucky like this.