Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 7.0 - Release Candidates 2, 3 and 4

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Oct 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Update: October 19, 2017 (Release Candidate 5)

Changelog: Alpha Experimental 7.0.0 (Build 1300)

Changes:
    - Starter blocks SV, HV, CV can now be placed on terrain
    - Increase POM LOD Distance
    - Added warning sprite for "Replace Mode" in Active Item Info window
    - Reduced chance of cobalt dropping in boulders (there’s plenty in the orbit and on the moon)
    - Increased Minigun Round stake size to 1000
    - Removed Fibre as required ingredient for all Growing Plot templates
    - Added tooltip text for Growing Plots

“Default MP” scenario Updates:
    - Sienna: drastically removed corn from all biomes
    - Sienna: Alien Thorns started to appear in the plains
    - Sienna: reduced starting equip; you start with Light Armor
    - Sienna: Removed the Xenu Fortress and replaced it with a chance of other Xenu buildings

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Several bugs with replace mode for color and textures
    - Fixed: Deposit rocks regenerate if depleted and server restarts
    - Fixed: Mobile constructor cannot craft small Truss blocks but can craft large Truss blocks.
    - Fixed: Advanced constructor when everything is unlocked doesn't show 160MSL & HV Artillery shells
    - Fixed: T1 Drill get multiitool info popups when targeting blocks
    - Fixed problem that texture preview of texture tool was sometimes wrong colored (very low risk)

=================

Update: October 18, 2017 (Release Candidate 4)

Here is the final build. Hopefully, we can push this version to the public branch tomorrow....fingers crossed.

Changelog: Alpha Experimental 7.0.0 (Build 1299)

Updated Blueprint spawn limit:
    - Blueprint spawn limit is now only active in survival mode
    - Blueprint spawn now considers if the BA or CV is of your faction (+ you can spawn on an admin structure)
    - Added 'GroundedStructureSpawn' to dedicated.yaml (per default true)

Added Texture + Color replace tool:
    - Added "Replace Mode" for Color and Texture tool
    - You can now replace textures and colors on whole structures (we will soon add the possibility to replace colors/textures on selections)

Changes:
    - Client: now releasing unity assets when going back to main menu to improve memory situation
    - Updated resource distribution on all playfields (using now also worm distribution)
    - Increased amount of alien honey on Akua + other deco tweaks
    - Activated new heightmap planets in Tutorial Scenario
    - Updated: Ordering of planets in MP default scenario + Tallador is now PvE
    - Updated preview pics for MP: temperate and Desert.jpg
    - Added Ore Scanner to starting equipment for MP: Akua, Omicron, Tallador (easy, medium)
    - Added Ore Scanner to Tutorial start equipment
    - Added button click sounds to Checkboxes
    - Layout adjustments to Color and Texture tools (Moved "Whole Block" and "Replace Mode" toggles)
    - Updated messages in PDA > fixed problem with too small text

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Random error while joining internal closed test server on Akua
    - Fixed: Scanner 2 only can be seen from 2 large blocks away when placed by itself.
    - Fixed: Tech equipment tanks 1 & 2 glass is no longer see through & is black.
    - Fixed: Tutorial map has the wrong terrain.
    - Fixed: Build Settings Window Toggles being disabled in Creative after loading Survival Game
    - Fixed: LCD screens color picking options have the size options that the color tool has.
    - Fixed: Error in Build Settings window in some situations

=============

Update: October 17, 2017 (Release Candidate 3)

Hi Galactic Survivalists,

We just released RC3. Expect another release with final bug fixes tomorrow Wednesday

We limited the spawn of blueprints via F2: for spawning a CV you need enough place on a base, for spawning SV, HV you need enough space on a base or CV > you cannot spawn anymore a CV, SV, HV in the middle of the nature. This is the first step towards a physical shipyard for spawning blueprints. What do you think?

Changelog: Alpha Experimental 7.0.0 (Build 1297)

Changes:
    - Limit spawn of blueprints via F2 to certain locations
    - Added "AutoMiner Depletion" to Difficulty Settings
    - Final deco tweaks on Akua, Omicron, Oscutune and some other planets (due to changed grass distribution)
    - Decoration manger: added console command "deco refresh"
    - Added message when weapon has reached 0 durability
    - Slightly increased drop rate of Pentaxid Ore Deposit
    - Removed mass display from all items where it does not matter for weight calculation

Optimizations:
    - Massive Performance Optimization on Terrain
    - Several other optimizations (deco, grass etc)
    > less stuttering when flying over terrain

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Blocks remaining after being removed by the mutlitool.
    - Fixed: After changing the tint with the multitool on windows they become broken.
    - Fixed: Problem that creator ID for SV & HV starter blocks was already filled.
    - Fixed: PDA: Tasklist vanishes for a few seconds
    - Fixed: Grass did not get removed reliably when drilling
    - Fixed: Constructors are showing a motor "can't be built" (red) when they can
    - Fixed: Pentaxid deposits on the moon name tag shows them at 0 when they are actually full.
    - Fixed: Food info has 'Current range'.
    - Fixed: Preset Graphics settings do not save properly (Character Texture Resolution)
    - Fixed: Problem with wrong returns on deconstructed items
    - Fixed: PDA 'DeviceNamePowered' check via signals did not respect signal receiver configuration (e.g. inverter)
    - Fixed: Fast gfx Preset. in some circumstances it is impossible to navigate (SSAO Set to on unless manually disabled)
    - Fixed: Grass Density video setting is showing as set to High when set to low or medium after relaunching the game.
    - Fixed: Problem with error messages when mining
    - Fixed: Battle Royale scenario button to publish was active

=============

Hi Galactic Survivalists,

Since you work hard on the bug reports, we work hard on the bug fixes and updates....here comes Release Candidate 2.

Please report new and recurring bugs over here: https://empyriononline.com/threads/bug-reports-alpha-experimental-7-0.15379/

Cheers,

Empyrion Dev Team

P.S. In the last update, we integrated a new scenario: "Empyrion - Battle Royale". What do you think about this scenario? Please let us know: https://empyriononline.com/threads/a7-0-experimental-faq-feedback-battle-royale-scenario.21853/

================

Changelog: Alpha 7.0.0 (Build 1295)

Changes:
    - Auto Miners in Single Player games will now deplete the resource deposits
    - Added new parameters AntiGriefDistancePvE and AntiGriefDistancePvP to dedicated.yaml
    - Multipayer server browser window now shows separate anti-grief distances for PvE and PvP modes
    - Added Slot Information to Armor Hover Info: Shows which Boosters are in which Slots of the Armor
    - Adjusted style of Tech Tree Constructor indicators
    - New Offline Protection shader (no more seams on the cube)
    - Increased font size of PDA HUD data headline
    - Added white slimes on Ningues
    - Re-added Temperate500 for scenario creators (changed deco and water level)
    - Updated preview pics for Planets: Creative and Survival
    - Improved visuals of Pole Colliders
    - Improved visuals of a planet's atmosphere seen from space
    - Updated Abandoned Factory + Abandoned Mine: Thanks to Fractalite
    - Updated scenarios
    - Several optimizations

Updated Templates:
    - “Fuel Tank (T3)” now requires Sathium Alloy
    - “Spotlight Blocks” can now also be crafted in the Survival Constructor
    - “Small O2 Tank”, “Docking Pad” can now also be crafted in the Mobile Constructor

Updated MP Scenario:
    - new MP only starter planet: Sienna (snow planet): Hard
    - new MP only planet: Roggery (desert plant) in vicinity of Sienna
    - new MP only starter planet: Tallodar (temperate planet) - Easy in vicinity of Akua
    - Meteoroids Drop when main resource of planet drops below 60%. Each fills up the planet’s cache by 40% of the original amount
    - Average amount of ore on each planet is 150% compared to the SP scenario

For feedback of the updated MP default setting, please visit: https://empyriononline.com/threads/a7-0-experimental-faq-feedback-new-mp-default-setting.21852/

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Position and name of backback did not get displayed on map and HUD
    - Fixed: NPC spider getting stuck in terrain
    - Fixed: Color of structure changed to grey after relauch of game & changing the color is not possible.
    - Fixed: BP spawning with the wrong coloring in MP when setup as a POI.
    - Fixed: Problem that sometimes grass was not removed when placing a BP
    - Fixed: Performance when flying around on the moon.
    - Fixed: Distorted effect with parallax mapping on textures.
    - Fixed: PDA CoQ when using 'NearUnit' check without a Guiding statement
    - Fixed: Visual glitch with some objects when close (z-fighting)
    - Fixed: Wrong resources on NewBarren

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  2. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

WOHO!!

3. eLLe

eLLe Commander

OK, the game is developing in the right direction but 7.0 has brought less news than now legendary 6.0. Perhaps the eighth brings us so much HV -> SV, multi solar space and bigger planets.

AstroGamer1742 likes this.
  4. Cleff

Cleff Commander

Personally I would be happy if they only thing they looked into was a ground combat rework and am slightly sad they still haven't even mentioned anything of the sort anywhere in the roadmap.

But don't let your expectations get ahead of reality; 7.0 is bringing (and has brought) so many big and much needed features that Eleon should be proud of all their hard work currently and not what we don't have yet. It's good to always strive for better, but also appreciate living for the moment as well.

Javarox87, TK85, Crewsk8200 and 7 others like this.
  5. eLLe

eLLe Commander

I have already said that I do not have a better and cheerful game than this but the fact is that the sixth was more contentious in the changes since the seven. I hope the eighth will continue with the number of quality changes in right direction.

Neal likes this.
  6. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

Who is faster - Devs, Bug Hunters or Bugs :D

They probably fixed Rocket-Zirax Game-Killer Bastard!
    Will check that one now...

amurayiwestgate likes this.
  7. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Commander

Appreciate the adds to the Mobile Constructor.

and yeah, that "backback" dude is slippery, nice that you outed him on the HUD :p (j/k)

8. Jᴧgᴧ

Jᴧgᴧ Captain

That was fast. :rolleyes:

9. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

Good Job, Rocketman is fixed :cool:

binhthuy71 and rucky like this.
  10. Honey_Badger

Honey_Badger Ensign

Still stuttering. This shouldn't be released.

11. Shivan

Shivan Lieutenant

To get the new planets i need to create a new MP game right? they are not added to an RC1 game?

12. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Thanks for the update :)

One question I was about to ask in the RC 1 thread though...

Akua, Survival, Hard, Single Player - only TWO Drone Waves and that's it? Really?

I had a single Minigun Drone attack me within a couple of minutes of placing the Generator, that was fine. I had a further two Drones (One Base Attack one normal Minigun) attack a short while later. However, since then nothing and a day / night cycle has passed. I've not build any defences yet, but will doing so trigger more raids? It used to be that once they started they carried on, possibly ramping up a little. Is that not the case now, can building more trigger more raids?

Anyway, just wondering and I need to loot lol.

Scoob.

13. Guru

Guru Commander

We're experiencing an internal error with ANY playfield change (i.e.: planet to moon, planet to planet). MP, default
    Stuttering is still apparent

14. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Random one: The MT cannot rotate windows properly. I clicked rotate for a normal BA Window block, and now it's opaque from BOTH directions! The tool can now only make Windows DARKER it appears. Save & reload did not help.

Edit: Ok, I'm getting some really odd issues with this update - I'm removing blocks, but the model stays there and can be walked through. Save and reload did help.

Edit 2: the reason I needed to use the MT to change the transparency direction of a window is an issue too. I placed three windows, a 2x2, a 1x2 and another 2x2. The 2x2's are opaque from my direction, the 1x2 is not, yet they are all facing the same way. I do know how to place window blocks and something has been changed.

Can anyone test this? This is in a game started with RC1, so hardly ancient.

Edit 3: I reloaded my pre-update save again. Loading it, see ALL the windows in my base a LOT darker, though the 1x2 variants are not quite as dark. It's full daylight in my game, yet looking through these windows you'd swear it was getting dark. Trying to "flip" the opacity direction just makes the windows a lot darker. Seems this update has broken something to do with Windows and how the MT interacts with them in Rotate mode and when trying to reclaim them.

I would do a formal bug report, but I really cannot upload anything of any size at the moment, upload are dead slow, then can fail. It's an internet fault, the Engineer will be here Thursday...again *sigh*

Scoob.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  15. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Well update 7 were changes that a lot of people who love building asked for a long time ago . I think we have to keep in mind that some updates are taking care of certain issues that some people wanted address as well as continuing to add features that were on the survey list. So there maybe updates you love and others that don't interests you. I think the devs are trying to please everyone while still trying to make their game.

Starwing6 and eLLe like this.
  16. Guru

Guru Commander

@Scoob , I have confirmed the removal of blocks and them still showing up. Happening with us as well.

**EDIT** although with us a reload causes them to go away.

Just tested the 2x2 and 1x2 window blocks and I can't verify what you experienced. This was done in space but it appears to change from light to dark as you would expect

***And as stated above, internal errors upon playfield changes as well as some getting them randomly (in the current case for the random one, it's in orbit of Omicron)

17. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Thanks for testing. Save/Reload does fix the windows, but placing and removing them again sees the bug re-occur.

I'm consistently unable to do anything other than make windows darker I cannot successfully flip them as I'm used to. Will give it some time and a few save/reload cycles to see if it settles. That may sound odd, but bug after an update do weird things lol.

Scoob.

18. Guru

Guru Commander

Adding to the above, another player is randomly getting internal errors just walking around the planet (Omicron)

19. Guru

Guru Commander

Another glitch to report. When you die, your backpack is not showing up on the map

Timothy Smith likes this.
  20. Marca666

Marca666 Lieutenant

I am also having issues with removing objects. Visually they're still there, but not physically.

VISION305 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.