Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 7.3: Convenience and Re-Balancing

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Nov 13, 2017.

1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    [​IMG]

Update: November 16. 2017: Build 1356
    RELEASE CANDIDATE

Changes:
    - Added "Back" button on Scenario, Language selection and Player Setup (where else should we add back button?)
    - Increased gun elevation of drill and tool turrets
    - Tweaked ranges of turrets: TurretGVDrillWeapon: 25m -> 35m, DrillAttachmentT2Weapon: 10m -> 20m, TurretGVToolWeapon: 28m -> 50m
    - Re-arranged some HV stock prefabs to better reflect their role and unlock level
    - Added stock prefabs HV Tier 2a: thanks to govrom https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1199267889
    - Added stock prefabs HV Tier 3a: thanks to MiKaSooN https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1199267889
    - Added stock prefabs HV Tier 6b: thanks to Arturius1967 https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1104600852
    - Added security guard 2 human NPC

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Problem that cockpit was detached from SV when spawning blueprint on a server
    - Fixed: NPC's not firing at avatar when close to them.
    - Fixed: Control Panel: Tabs in GENERALS column do not update if SIGNAL is used
    - Fixed: Problem that security guards were sinking into ground.
    - Fixed: Problem that security guard alien had mouth open
    - Fixed: Wrong particle effect is played when alien NPC is killed
    - Fixed: Problem that on barren planet immediately the rock layer was seen when removing sand with drill

=======================

Update: November 15. 2017: Build 1355

Changes:
    - Increased range of HV Drill Turret + HV Drill Attachment
    - Updated Tutorial: Tweaked Bases to "close" some alternative routes
    - Added particle effect when rocks and other deco stuff gets destroyed
    - Tweaked particle effect on some rock-like deco plants (before: wood, now: rock)
    - Added more Pentaxid on NewMoon & NewMoon2 in SP / MP default setting
    - Added moons to all starter planets in MP Default setting
    - Improved handling of manipulated files of managed Blueprints (factory and produced)
    - Updated model for MoundzTree
    - Less smoke particles when a block falls because of SI
    - Better setting for Screen Space Reflection SSR
    - Updated: Localization

Updated NPC Deco Crew:
    - Updated several existing NPCs
    - Added new NPCs: 2 security guards human, 1 security guard alien, alien commander
    - Added NPC crew to trader "PaxPurgatory" for hiring
    - Improved animations on NPCs standing

Bug Fixes:
    - Potential Fix: Factions set to public and other issues caused when a playfield server is loading a world with an exception
    - Fixed: BP Class increases when blocks of vessel got damaged
    - Fixed: EnableMaxBlockCount not working in pre 7.3 MP save files.
    - Fixed: Custom toggles not updated correctly on first open of CP
    - Fixed: Exception with empty Blueprint directory
    - Fixed: Drill dust particles blocked Ore Scanner view
    - Fixed: Problem that emissives (eg monitor) on some NPC blocks did not work
    - Fixed: Several exceptions found in logs and reported on support email

=======================

Hi Galactic Survivalists!

In Alpha 7.0, we rebalanced large parts of the game start, moving resources, changing templates and more. Some of these changes, like the new SSOR mining, were direct results of new technical necessities that came with some of the new major game code changes (like handmade planets). Others, like the changed templates, are of course a natural part of the ‘release-feedback-adjust’ Alpha-stage development loop and will be changed, improved and refined as we add more features, materials, templates etc. ;-)

In the meantime, we have gathered a lot of feedback on the major and minor elements of rebalancing and, as a result, added some adjustments for Alpha EXP 7.3 that will smoothen (in particular) the game start and add a few more options to your very personal game setup. Based on your very detailed discussions, other feature updates will be revisited as well, but changes will take more time than we could afford for the current intermediate version release.

For now, we removed, e.g. Cobalt from the growing plots and the O2 Stations and added the possibility to configure the max-block count (allowing you to use as many weapons per structure as you want) or the blueprint-spawn limit (allowing you to again spawn vessel blueprints wherever you want) in the game start menu.

However, this does not mean that we dropped our plans to add, e.g., real Shipyards, but we want to give you choices wherever this is possible in terms of a single feature or adjustments that can basically work as a ‘choice’ on its own.

Please find all the changes in the changelog below.

Speaking of non-mandatory features: in Alpha 7.3, we also added a very early version of “Crew NPCs”. These merely consist of the NPC deco you already know from the Trading Stations and Civil Settlements - but you can now buy them from a trader and also use them in your blueprints to decorate your bases and capital vessels. Besides that, they are static and only have a basic animation. They will not (yet) react to you and they currently won’t die or fight with you or against others. This is a more global topic and will be addressed in a future major update. Of course, we are eager to read your ideas about NPC Crews right now! :)

As always, enjoy Alpha 7.3 and do not forget to report bugs and issues right here: https://empyriononline.com/threads/bug-reports-alpha-experimental-7-3.27036/

Thanks a lot!

Empyrion Dev Team

[​IMG]

Changelog: Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 7.3.0 (Build 1354)

Rebalancing:
    - Removed cobalt requirement for Growing Plots Concrete and Wood so that they can be crafted on starter planets again + added back Fiber to template of Growing Plots
    - Removed cobalt requirement for Oxygen Stations (SV + BA) so that they can be crafted on starter planets again
    - Tweaked several stock prefab Bases so that the low tier bases can be spawned on starter planets (no cobalt needed). Re-arranged several stock prefabs
    - Tweaked stock prefab HV Tier 2 so that it is spawnable on starter planets
    - Tweaked several stock prefab SV so that the low tier SVs can be spawned on starter planets (no cobalt needed). Re-arranged several stock prefabs
    - Replaced stock prefab SV Tier 1c
    - Removed cobalt requirement for Turret Radar (deco block)

More Start Options for Single Player:
    - Added "Block Limit for Certain Devices" to Difficulty Settings: you can now enable/disable block limits for certain devices (e.g. weapon limit per vessel)
    - Added "Blueprint Spawn Limit" to Difficulty Settings: you can now enable/disable whether blueprints must be placed on a BA / CV when being spawned

Added NPCs as Crew (only deco, no functionality yet):
    - Added several human-style NPCs as deco blocks (2 Commanding Officer, Engineer, Tactical Officer, Pilot, Security Guard). If you like it, we will add more.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    - Added 2 new block groups: HumanNPCBlocks and AlienNPCBlocks
    - In Creative mode, you can now place the HumanNPCBlocks and AlienNPCBlocks on your bases and capital vessels and in Survival you can "hire" (buy) them from traders

Changes:
    - Added new stock prefab Base Tier 2a: Thanks to Cute demon https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1193745073
    - Updated Tutorial (minor logic adjustments, updated prefabs to take into account fiber requirement for growing plots)
    - Updated deco on Akua: more Pentaxid in deeper lakes
    - Tweaked NPC deco prefabs (better colliders)
    - Removed "Max Block Count" from Local Dedi setup window (now in Difficulty Settings)
    - ModAPI Notification: Game event, PDA Chapter activated / deactivated / completed event

Visuals/Sounds:
    - Added jetpack animation
    [​IMG]
    - Updated water colors for map view for some planets
    - Better color difference for Growing Plot Concrete and Wood
    - Removed lerping of selection box as a test, i.e. selection box now moves instant. What do you prefer: instant moving or smooth moving?

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: After copy & pasting a selection of a BA onto another part or terrain Structural Integrity SI is not updating when pasted
    - Fixed: Ship keeps spinning uncontrollably after removing RCS
    - Fixed: Error in SP games when a POI regenerated
    - Fixed: Problem that NPCs did not shoot at player when s/he was shot out of cockpit
    - Fixed: NPC Trader over-stack sales does not get recognized
    - Fixed: Problem with font that is was not aligned horizontally
    - Fixed: Displaced ground plane of block preview wireframe when pressing ESC
    - Fixed: ModAPI interface: fixed core type always being 0

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  2. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

WOAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!!!

3. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

WHAT DO I SEE HERE ?!

4. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

sorry guys, I need the first THREE reply spots.

5. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Captain

:) :) :)

banksman45 and Sofianinho like this.
  6. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

okay, now seriously.
    1. I see NPCs...
    2. ... in uniform.
    Grandious!

+1 AGAIN! THANK YOU!

wasn't really a problem for me, but nice for starters!

this is GOOD!!! +1

Absolutely!!
    https://empyriononline.com/threads/playing-solo-survival-sp-feel-alone-get-your-crew-today.25988/
    has 56 UP VOTES in favor for NPCs (as 89%)!

I see a lot of changed CVs and Bases in the Workshop the next days and weeks ;):D:p

ion_storm, Hellion, dQgnflua and 8 others like this.
  7. Hicks42

Hicks42 Captain

Oh how this makes me happy....

8. Gromit

Gromit Captain

Who wouldn't want Lara Croft as part of their space fleet?

On a serious note, good changes but locking these npcs behind traders seems like a bad decision to me. Last I looked, traders weren't exactly fully functional?

9. Ludovico Zanichelli

I want to be clear, i love this game, i've played like 900 hours into this game, and my friends too, im gonna make a list here of what we think it's not so great...
    -Capital vessel spawning, OK i have to make a platform to spawn a capital vessel, IT IS POSSIBLE THAT I HAVE TO ERASE MOUINTAINS TO MAKE A FLAT 90X100X90 JUST TO SPAWN A CV THAT REQUIRED THOUSANDS OF RESOURCES???? U FIND IT RIGHT AND "EASY" AND FUNNY? i have a blueprint of the hyperion (repaired and working) how the $£%£ i spawn it? im gonna create a faction just to create a platform? or im gonna waste 8 hours of my life making a platform enough big, AH I FORGOT, THE UNNECCESSARY AMOUNT OF CUBES THAT I HAVE TO USE DO U REALIZE HOW MUCH IT WASTES GPU RESOURCES AND CPU USAGE?

-black terrain underground (i think this is a bug) i've found some neodimyium deposits that have black (black like the void) textures and it cant be lighten up. tried lights, work lights, small vessel spot lights.

-ok now u have changed the way we mine and collect resources, FOR WHAT IM GONNA USE MY HOVER VESSEL NOW? U THINK IM GONNA HAVE FUN BEING STUCK WITH A THIRD PERSON MAD CAMERA BETWEEN ASTEROIDS UNDERGROUND?

-I understand videogames are difficult to optimize, but cmon, stop adding things or changing all for just one version and optimize this game please, i have a gtx1070 (max fps in full hd 75, in the space 120, no fps limit, stuttering appears also with 200 fps, create a base and add some sv and cv and i got 40-55 fps, NOT USING 100% GPU ALSO AND THIS IS CAUSING SOME WEIRD GPU USAGE FLUCTUATIONS THAT MAKE MY GPU INDUCTANCES TO SCREAM! IM AN IT TECHNICIAN, DONT TRY TO SAY THAT IT'S MY FAULT OR GPU DEFECTIVE, THIS IS THE ONLY GAME WHERE IT BECAME SO NOISY.

-im the poor guy who have maded the SLI PROFILE that everybody uses (the only one who works also in windowed mode) perfect scaling also.

please reply, i've bought 3 copies of this game, 2 my friends will say the exactly same words, this game need some heavy tweaks + REMOVE THAT I HAVE TO CREATE A 2 kilometers square to spawn a cv.

-small vessels are still disappearing and teleporting to the other side of the planet, when u reach the other side the small vessel got teleported back where it was.
    TY
    [email protected]

10. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

That's only a first iteration. How would you aquire your NPC Crew as a very first step differently? I'm sure that will get changed, when NPC Crew get their full update :)
    Traders do work. They won't buy anything from you yet, right, but selling - besides horrendous prices that needs to be changed down to 1/10 (TraderNPCConfig.ecf) - is functioning correct.

banksman45 and Phantom Aria like this.
  11. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

Its getting immersive!

BASE_BUILDING_7_01_2017-11-13_16-54-45.png
    a bit more customizing (uniform / suit COLOR) would be nice...

BASE_BUILDING_7_01_2017-11-13_16-55-10.png
    guarding high secure areas, nice...

BASE_BUILDING_7_01_2017-11-13_16-54-59.png
    small bug: console is offline...

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  12. Gromit

Gromit Captain

Well as traders aren't exactly working as intended yet (we should be able to sell to them) I wouldn't lock anything behind traders right now. If and when that changes, sure, but not now.

I'd leave them as any other deco block right now so players can have fun testing them out a lot easier in their SP games, rather than having to jump into creative or cheating them in.

13. 1979danb

1979danb Commander

more unnecessary fluff that can wait till later i can't see it changing the downward spiral this game is in, i feel this is becoming a lemon or an mmo!

Kassonnade and Marty like this.
  14. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

For pure testing in SP, just cheat them in.
    For more "immersive / roleplaying" gameplay there needs a way to "hire" them. Normally you would think of a Profile / Profession board where you can choose and hire some individual Crew members. But that's for future. Now we "hire" them via buying at a trader.
    I can live with that - as I am very happy to got them in the first place!

I mean, I had already a way to cheat them in my game, now it's gotten official and more different models (still want WAY more, and more options to customize individual NPCs, but... step after step...)

15. polochom

polochom Lieutenant

"However, this does not mean that we dropped our plans to add, e.g., real Shipyards, but we want to give you choices wherever this is possible in terms of a single feature or adjustments that can basically work as a ‘choice’ on its own."

I am thinking of a real shipyard as the only possibility to spawn a blueprint and (and this is importante) this shipyard has a máx. volume/blocks that can be configured by server/game. It can be a huge game/balance change on some servers (HWS?!) for those who want dreadnoughts must build manually - > bigger/huge ships can have a better performance on PVP however huge loss since they are not spawn able.

P.S.: when I say the only possibility I mean a configurable option on a server/game.

Keep the good work!

16. Gnatsum39

Gnatsum39 Ensign

Bro chill out. The world doesn't revolve around you.

banksman45 and DarkeIndustry like this.
  17. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

NPC Crew might not be a point to change the downvoting spiral into an upvoting. You might be right here.
    BUT tons of nice Capital vessels (battle cruisers, galacticas and enterprises) and Bases now populated with livings will get a HUGE impact on the general Feeling the Game has!

(Yes, it's not everybody's cup of tea, right, but whoever don't want NPC Crew just don't need to hire them, right?)

And THIS can change the overall feelings again into the positive! I'm confident about that.
    This is only the first step into NPC Crew, we're not there yet, a long way to go, BUT I have hope again, it's going here in a good direction!
    @EleonGameStudios only do need to keep going on this road, give SP, Gameplay more things to do, keep adding real flesh to some still bare bones the game is, and we're getting there...

This together with the FIRST ;-) openings for SP configurations which MP/Servers already had long time now, is another one!

Especially this one is a good move as this had gotten a lof of critics and downratings on Steam:

18. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral
    Staff Member

• Developer
    In SP & MP you can disable this option.

For MP in the dedicated.yaml find GroundStrucutreSpawn & set if to false:
    GroundStrucutreSpawn: False

For SP when starting a new game or from resuming a game in the difficulty settings toggle the Blueprint spawn limit option to false.

banksman45, Neal, Marty and 2 others like this.
  19. rucky

rucky Rear Admiral

...oh I really loving that! finally a SV can use more than 4 weapons (or 6 in the case of MG) at once :)
    and big Battlestar Galacticas can have 30++ minigun turrets to simulate the AA Guns they had... NICE...

Now, @EleonGameStudios, now we only need better AI... ;-)

ion_storm and banksman45 like this.
  20. EpicDrumstick

EpicDrumstick Ensign

I like the changes, and npcs on a ship sounds cool, but can we get sv mounted mining modules? mining an asteroid in space with no eva boosters when starting on a new server really sucks.

ion_storm, Neal, Phantom Aria and 2 others like this.