Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 7.5.8

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Dec 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Update: January 3, 2018

Changelog: Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 7.5.8 (Build 1438)

Bug Fixes:

- Fixed: Problem that reloading game while on Zeyhines, another seed is used
    - Fixed: Problem that Parasaur Baby turned into adult version when being killed

Temporarily reverted:
    - Items dropped in Blueprint factory no longer return unneeded sub-parts (this may give player base items he otherwise wouldn't have)

-----------------------

Update: January 2, 2018

Changelog: Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 7.5.8 (Build 1437)

Changes:
    - Changed: Items dropped in Blueprint factory no longer return unneeded sub-parts (this may give player base items he otherwise wouldn't have)

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Problem that alt camera look in a cockpit/passenger seat was reset every time another player attached or detached
    - Fixed: Problem that speed was not displayed accurately when being passenger in a ship
    - Fixed: Problem that nights were too dark on several playfields
    - Fixed: MP: SVs do not dock to CVs anymore in certain situations
    - Fixed: Prevent docked HV Turrets to shoot
    - Fixed: NPC Trader Buy / Sell buttons not immediately in sync with stock list
    - Fixed: Playfield crash after entering Ningues atmosphere.

-----------------------

Changelog: Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 7.5.8 (Build 1434)

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Blueprint spawning exploit
    - Fixed: Exception from warping as a passenger.
    - Fixed: Problem that when warping as a passenger the position was wrong for several seconds
    - Fixed: Decoration "MoundzTree" has broken collision system
    - Fixed: Problem that underwater it became too dark
    - Fixed: Not showing other players sitting in seats when connecting to new game
    - Fixed: POI's 'BA_CrashedCV_DSE_Part1' & 'BA_CrashedCV_DSE_Part2' have vertical shutters that are giving back 'Window Blocks S' when disassembling them

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    Ryu006, Dietrich, Slimer and 8 others like this.
  2. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Back to work already then? Thanks for the update :)

Scoob.

3. Dark_Star

Dark_Star Lieutenant

Hey Thanks you for fixing the SV weapons selection so one put rockets selection in 2-9, thanks again.
    Now hoping for fix to opening drone not staying open first time bug.
    What a great game

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  4. xRisen

xRisen Ensign

im still having disconnection issues..:( i hope you include this next patch..and thanks for the current patch

5. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Can you give more context to the 'disconnection issues' you are having ?
    Is it you cannot join a server ?
    Is the playfield server crashing ?
    Is it your server ?

6. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

Can anyone confirm if the HV Multiturret Repair function is working?

Other two functions work fine, blue/red beam, sound etc. Finished salavaging a PV and tried to Repair base. No beam, no sound no worky. Switched modes back and forth, still had beams & sound in other two modes.
    I'll re-test tomorrow & if needed file a bug. Just wondering if this is an already known issue?

7. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

Before I forget yet again; the Knowledge page in the PDA for Harvesting Resources is -very- badly out of date as to where the various Ores can be found.

8. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Thx for the kind reminder. I will redo the whole knowledgebase in the next weeks ;-)

9. xRisen

xRisen Ensign

all runs fine before 7.5 patch...
    -i can join servers..but i get random disconnections..even on the official server with 150 - 200 ping
    -playfield runs well..
    -i dont have any server

im sure its not my net..runs well on previous games ive played

10. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

The HV Multiturret Repair function is working after fresh launch and re-install of turret. ***Should note that when set to Repair there is -no- green beam/sound when firing unless it's actually repairing; which is different than the other two functions where if you fire off into empty space you do see the red/blue beam & hear sound fx.

Understand the advantage of only showing beam/sound when Repair is actually repairing. If it were possible to have a, "not Repairing but On" 'laser pointer' effect for both the hand held and turret it would be helpful as you could see where you're aiming.

Minor item in need of update: loading screen picture captions out of date. Example, one still says to take off your helmet in breathable environment to save O2. << if these are just noise/annoying just let me know :).

11. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Hey all, Happy New Year :)

An observation and a question:

I'm on Zeyhines and I downed the local Patrol Vessel. I then killed the Core and placed my own, then promptly looted it of all devices. After I was done I removed my Core assuming it would speed up the despawn - and hopefully eventual respawn process. However, several game days have passed and the PV remains where it crashed.

So, two questions, should the remains of the PV now despawn with my Core long removed? Plus, is there any way yet that I could take this over? I've tried doing that with downed PV's in the past, but I know the game blocked it. However, I wondered if that had changed at all.

As an aside, while being able to capture a downed PV on the Omicron - a starting planet - might advance the player a little too quickly, by the time they've already jumped to a new planet - albeit possibly using an SV - maybe they should be allowed to capture it fully. The Zeyhines one needs basically all the internals replaced - someone stole them believe it or not lol - but it'd be a fun project.

As I'm single player, are there console commands that might enable this? I have cheated in the past and blueprinted a downed PV, let it despawn, then given myself the copy - purely for fun you understand. I could do this again, but wonder if there was another way to make this PV wreck fully functional once I restore it.

Scoob.

12. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

To tag onto @Scoob 's post a bit re PVs: made it to Oscutune (1st tme in 7.x {SP game started in 7.5.5}) and got a ghost PV that didn't fire, did take turret damage but also SV flew through it? Anyway, eventually cored it and placed my own. With the massive PV sitting on the end of my landing pad, scouted the planet and there was another PV just sitting at the PV-Base. It didn't respond or fire so left it alone then. Back to base & used HV Multiturret to fully salavge captured PV. -Tons- of materials. A few in-game days & another game session later still no new PV. Checked PV-Base, PV was still sitting there inert. Cored the PV-Base & vessel. Salvaged PV. Now had 2x Tons of thrusters, thousands of blocks, etc. So much stuff that I don't know what to do with it all. And that's before taking over & just salvaging the goodies from 3 Advanced Outposts, 2 Adv Comm Centers, 2 Adv Fortresses, 2 Weapon Factories & looting several neutral POIs.

Sry, what I'm trying to say is that, personally, it feels like coring & salvaging a single PV is a 'Game Over, you've won' thing. Largely based on my playstyle of course. But maybe drastically reduce the size of the PVs & allow them to be captured as Scoob said? Or at least for the earlier planets? Thinking along the lines of a really basic CV, no Warp, just 6x small thrusters, normal Steel blocks. Maybe a bit intentionally weak, or designed so taking out a turret/generator also takes out a couple thrusters, making it a learning curve to figure out how to just core it without losing any of it's few good bits.
    Point would be that you may well want/need to have a few PVs show up, to get enough bits to cobble together a starter CV.

Part of this is my opinion that PVs this large should wipe me out, if even 'weakly' armed for their size.

Though possibly for starter worlds swapping 'PVs' for small, lightly armed cargo or passenger ships might play well? Or make them SVs as Scoob mentioned?

Edit: since I already managed a WOT, might as well add; Happy New Year everyone!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  13. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I agree with @StyleBBQ - the PV's are too easy to down in the most basic SV. I used one with a pair of Gatlings, but fit the full six and a PV is easy to disable - as are static POI's to be fair, with only the draw distance for Sentry Turrets making them a real danger. I.e. you need to look for the muzzle flash as the Sentry Turret is not rendered until you're much closer.

Also, considering the PV's I've encountered recently have just had Sentry Turrets, my bases own Canon Turrets totally own it. On foot, a PV would decimate me of course with those insta-hit turrets and, to be fair, they are more of a threat to a light SV than they are a base. PV's, even "easy" ones need a more extensive array of weapons as, once they're downed, they are a HUGE source of materials.

PV's need to be a larger threat to a prepared player, but not just steamroller a new one / early game. Personally, I think a PV should warp in then land on its pad only after the player has started causing real trouble. I.e. they're zooming around in HV and SV's attacking POI's. So, zero PV presence initially, then one warps in and lands when the player techs up enough, and it's only deployed if the player - or players - start to cause trouble.

This way, PV can be heavily armed and not so easily disabled / taken down by a lone player.

Scoob.

Dietrich, Reznik75, Mireru and 6 others like this.
  14. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Commander

I cant like this enough :)

15. Kushman

Kushman Lieutenant

Will this include ingots or is this change restricted to components?

16. Brimstone

Brimstone Captain

Ugh. If this means stopping docked HV turrets from working, please leave drill turrets out of it. I have a couple of really nice CV builds that use attached HV "pods" for mining. :mad:

Tyrax Lightning and Razorwire like this.
  17. Razorwire

Razorwire Captain

I second Brimstone on this, "Ugh.". I also have a CV with HV 'pods'...
    What's the reasoning, please?

Tyrax Lightning and Brimstone like this.
  18. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

Same thing for the old 150/200 HP Shutters in the Weapons Factory on Oscutune. At least they were ~36 hrs ago. Can't keep up with you guys...o_O Just started a new Build 1434 game a few hours ago, make it to lvl 15, log out for food and, "Hello!" there's Build 1437. <sheesh..!:p>

19. Brimstone

Brimstone Captain

The reasoning is obvious, and I get it- PvP. One could build a cube CV and dock HV's all over it for firepower. Of course, only on a planet, but still. Eleon, please remember that the survey results are large enough to be statistically significant-and even if one assumes larger margins of error than likely- the simple majority of you customers are playing SP, the overwhelming majority are playing SP or Co-op where limits like this don't have some kind of balance implication. I love this game, and I'd really hate to see it go down the path of only catering to PvP like so many others do. :(

20. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Captain

This is confusing. Are you talking about turrets not auto shooting, or are you now restricting manual fire as well?

Docked turrets already didn't work in auto mode, as it should be for balance reasons.

Edit. Just tested this.
    Docked HV turrets can still be manually fired. Good.
    I assume then that there was a regression with docked auto fire mode recently and this is just fixing it back how it should be.

Everyone else, stop freaking out. Your docked turrets will still work manually.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.