Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 7.6.1: Patch

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Feb 12, 2018.

1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Update: February 18, 2018 (Build 1466)

Tutorial Update:

- Added info on how to re-read messages to some of the message-popups
    - Adjusted wording of some messages
    - Added Alien honey to Greenhouse2 fridge

Changes:

- Removed the “last open“ mechanism in favor of “open log if mission is active“ if pda is opened (e.g. open pda with an active mission > show pda log page)
    - Temporarily reverted: SV\HV Miniguns can damage device\mobs through block in certain use cases

Bug Fixes:

- Fixed: Survival Constructor 'Allow faction access' & 'Show on map' missing from UI.

====================

Update: February 14, 2018 (Build 1465)

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: SV\HV Miniguns can damage device\mobs through block in certain use cases
    - Fixed: End of stairs create an invisible block

====================

Hi Galactic Survivalists,

We released a small patch on the Alpha 7 branch.

Stay tuned for the Alpha 8 update post this week where we will explain some of the upcoming features in more detail and we will reveal one big feature that we did not yet mention.

Changelog: Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 7.6.1 (Build 1464)

Changes:
    - Optimized turrets to obtain a big performance gain when a lot of turrets are involved
    - Changed the way how the "energy left" is calculated for a base: we now only take into account the current amount of energy in fuel tank + battery and divide it by the current consumption

Updated Akua + Omicron playfields:
    - Trading Station is now further away from enemy POIs
    - Omicron: resource deposits around wreckage POI
    - Akua: resource deposits closer to wreckage POI

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Problem with huge number of drones gathering at position 0 0 0
    - Fixed: HV's getting stuck under water after going through the green wall.
    - Fixed: Problem that resource asteroids did not spawn when a low amount was configured in yaml
    - Fixed: Solar Panel : Power left statistic
    - Fixed: After removing the Capacitor the solar panel LED's remained on until the save game was reloaded
    - Fixed: Problem with "ManagerShipFighter Write unknown task" warning
    - Fixed: Playfield server exception spam
    - Fixed: Several other internal exceptions

Updated Empyrion Admin Helper (EAH) Tool
    Patch notes - 1.40.3.7
    - Added: Changed Player column "Cheat" to "Warning"
    - Added: Backpack Backup working for remote slave
    - Added: Config-Discord: Send Auto-Chat's to discord
    - Added: Deposit Check (only on local tools): For now it lists all deposits and their current status. The refresh function has to be delayed till A8.0
    - Added: Feedback for GetShipDown
    - Added: New Items
    - Added: Structure limits: Added overall limits for CV/SV/HV Player/Faction
    - Added: Admin Profile: Fill automatically with all ingame admins
    - Added: Player/Structure: Warp to me
    - Fixed: Logs about wrong triangle count
    - Fixed: To many space warnings on full backups
    - Fixed: Removed Hoover vacuum cleaner and added Hover ;).
    - Fixed: Structure limit: Warning sound not right. Now showing high warnings for the last 3 messages

For more details, please visit: https://empyriononline.com/threads/tool-emp-admin-helper-eah-free-v1-40-0.5771/page-39#post-215938

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  2. JTurbo

JTurbo Lieutenant

Looking forward to information about alpha 8 :)

Marty and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  3. TK85

TK85 Commander

Nice.

waiting for news of alpha 8:)

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  4. Fraser

Fraser Lieutenant

News on Alpha 8!

God damn it now i'm going to looking at the forums every 5 mins instead of every 15!!!!

5. eLLe

eLLe Captain

I stopped sleeping, eating and breathing a lot of news waiting. Can I survive it at all?

6. Fraser

Fraser Lieutenant

That's why it's a Survival game... you have to survive waiting for the next update!

Marty, ion_storm, Crewsk8200 and 13 others like this.
  7. Cleff

Cleff Captain

How was it previously calculated? This seems like a simple logical formula.

Also, will the "energy left" also factor in the fuel "inside the generator" because it doesn't seem to based on this change. Or am I thinking about how it used to work a few major updates back? I know it used to be (maybe still is) that you could fill up a tank that the generator pulls a chunk from, then remove the tank, and the generator is still munching on that chunk it grabbed allowing your object to keep running for so long.

8. old_guy

old_guy Commander

Even back in the 70s when I got into computers vendors knew that the best way to kill sales was to announce the next model of their equipment. I'm finding myself reading these patch notes (nice work, btw) saying, "that sounds good, but what about 8?"

I've not been playing much of my SP survival game lately. For me, not much point in taking out and deconstructing a few more POIs, if I might loose all my work (and loot) in the next update. Same reason I've slowed down building my asteoid belt bases for each planet. The bases are so I can leave a planetary shuttle CV tht transports my SV Cargo ship, SV Attack ship and my mining/looting HV down to various planets as I wander the solar system in my super comfy four story RV style CV.

9. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Things just didn't work properly previously, so I guess this is just detailing how it's intended to work?

I reported several bugs on the issue and provided saves, so hopefully that helped. One of the most obvious ones were my panels seemingly providing positive charge at night according to the stats panel, yet that wasn't actually the case. Basically, what the numbers showed wasn't what was actually happening. Hopefully these are all consistent now.

Edit: just to say that this update does not appear to have fixed the issues I reported. Currently in my game it's 4:03 until dawn and dark outside, yet the Statistics Panel is reporting my Solar Charge rate as 277 kW - an impossible figure at night - and it's rapidly going up as I watch.

Currently there's no way to get an idea of what Solar Panels are actually doing.

Scoob.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    Tyrax Lightning and runlykhel like this.
  10. Brimstone

Brimstone Captain

I'm having this suspicion that instead of going moment to moment and calculating energy produced by light intensity- which admittedly might be a strain on resources especially in MP- they're using some kind of averaging formula... and Unity is well known for floating point errors

11. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Could be. The current output vales used to appear to work just fine, it's only a few updates ago that it got screwy. I think it happened around the time they fixed the false day/night cycle in space issue, though I'm not 100% sure.

FYI: the false day night issue occurred for me in the Asteroid Belt playfield, and Solar Output was broken. Basically, the Statistics Panel would show a solid fixed Solar Output all the time, but the actual numbers behind the scenes followed a variable day/night output level just like on a planet. So, there's been a separation between the numbers displayed and the real numbers for a while now.

The problem is that it paints a totally false picture of what your base is producing. As such you might choose to run some production as the figures on the Statistics Panel suggest you can readily support this, yet the actual number behind the scenes do not. This is why, several times, my batteries ran out entirely, despite always consuming under my average output and never for a full day.

Basically, the reported stats need to be right, until then we cannot really test properly.

Scoob.

Tyrax Lightning and Cleff like this.
  12. Fraser

Fraser Lieutenant

I hear ya, some guys on my Server have just stopped playing entirely because they don't see the point in playing anymore if the Server is going to be wiped following a big update.

My response to that is "Well if we all have that attitude then we'd just wait until the game was finished in 2-3 years time" There's plenty to enjoy in the meantime, and you can still create awesome blueprints to bring with you into the new worlds. Just don't waste too much time bulk harvesting or you might find it was all for nothing!

13. runlykhel

runlykhel Ensign

I agree, I notice the day night timing off for solar on Akua. I did like how when the base was in minimum operation mode that the solar capacitor charge was used up first, and my fuel tank would stay at 100% until needed, i.e. storm, constructor use, etc. doesn't seem to be doing this lately...lol I probably missed the memo.

TK85 and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  14. catalina

catalina Commander

- Added: Structure limits: Added overall limits for CV/SV/HV Player/Faction

what dose this mean?

15. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Yep, Solar is a great addition to the game and it's quite satisfying to run entirely off battery power. I have found myself building a Small Generator and Fuel Tank quite early on now though, as Solar still glitches out from time to time, that way I don't loose all my crops and fridge contents...again.

I do hope we gain the option of building additional battery storage going forward, it'd be nice to have the spare capacity for particularly long production runs.

Scoob.

TK85, Tyrax Lightning and runlykhel like this.
  16. Kronoss

Kronoss Captain

You bloody removed half the symbols from the texture tool on all Blocks! Seriously!!??!! Two whole pages gone!??! I was using those....lines and symbols, and camouflage patterns.....GERRRRR!!!

Edit NVM they are back after a clean reload.....Just don't know what happened...?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  17. catalina

catalina Commander

there still there for me

18. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Bug Report worthy.

TK85 and JTurbo like this.
  19. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Just checked, I have two pages of Steel Textures, were there four pages before? I don't texture enough to remember these things :)

I'm continuing an older save, perhaps that has an effect?

Scoob.

20. catalina

catalina Commander

he was talking about the symbols for the gun