Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 8.0 - Release Candidate 1: Hotfix

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    CHANGELOG: Alpha Experimental 8.0.6 (Build 1681)

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Not able to join a server with more than one starter planet
    - Fixed: Problem that sometimes billboards of deco were visible instead of 3d model from close distance
    - Fixed: Problem that deco disappeared sometimes
    - Fixed: Terrain deco vanishing on game resume or coming back to a site
    - Fixed: When "reclaiming" a landing pad on HV, you got SV blocks back
    - Fixed: Problem that up-to-date SV Constructors displayed as "old - please replace"
    - Fixed: Hitting sand did not play impact sound
    - Fixed: Problem that some old stock HV used SV landing pads
    - Fixed: Containers with a power switch (e.g. fridges) didn't always show the correct power state
    - Fixed: Problem that preview images of starter planets did not appear properly in new game window.

Changes:
    - Improved flickering in Sky/Clouds on planet and in Nebula in space when flying around
    - Update particles and flares on all thrusters to better fit their size
    - Updated colliders on several bushes to facilitate cutting down with chainsaw
    - Tweaked new SV jet thruster positions so they fit better to hull blocks
    - Implemented: New Playfield Ops "DeviceUnlockMulti" and "DevicePowerMulti" which operate on all matching devices in all matching structures
    - Updated gameoptions.yaml with note that some parameters are taken from UI in local Coop
    - Added missing Neodymium Asteroids to random space playfields
    - Added regeneration to all asteroids in playfield TradingStation
    - Added regeneration to Sathium Asteroids in space playfield SpaceOrbit
    - Sector Map: Adjusted map selection frames. Adjusted placement and scale of moons in sector map. Added Toggle orbit lines button
    - Removed drone spawning info from drone base in playfield.yamls (it is now only given in POI itself)
    - Tweaked size of Survival Constructor (no scaling anymore)
    - Updated snow planet: better mountain cliff
    - Updated Localization.csv
    - Texture update to new format: Holo screen 01, 04
    - Removed log outputs on planet generation

SergP, TK85, shadowfoxx6 and 16 others like this.
  2. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Rear Admiral

Nice, sath and neo could have been problems. Wasn't getting much flickering anymore, so hopefully this'll take it out entirely. :D There's still some issues, and still kind of waiting for resolution to FoW issue (undiscovered POIs within "discovered" areas), but overall it's starting to get into nice shape.
    The neo and sath fix obviously would need a new save, but what about the deco disappearance fix - does it apply to existing saves, or require a new one?

3. stubert812

stubert812 Ensign

It is looking good had a total immersive incident yesterday with the Patrolling Zirax it was awesome great move doing that. Lost 2 Hv's but was able to rebuild them on the run great game and can only get better thanks for hours of fun.

Runeshadow, Starwing6 and Muphygn like this.
  4. elmo

elmo Commander

Thanks for the fix guys, trees, plants and rocks back again.

Starwing6 likes this.
  5. bashfullsson

bashfullsson Ensign

I do know that i sound like broken record, but it's late SUNDAY. Yes, release date being posted and all that, i get that. Still, as much as i like this game finished, this seems unhealthy.

Deco is indeed back on reload, but akua berries are not pickable. Drill shows 'ElderberryBush', so hitbox is there.

6. elmo

elmo Commander

Deco came back on my existing save.

Germanicus likes this.
  7. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator
    Staff Member

8. stubert812

stubert812 Ensign

I had this issue as well just verified the steam files and it fixed it for me. FYI if it happens again.

Muphygn and elmo like this.
  9. Moonsugar

Moonsugar Rear Admiral

Even on places that were cleared beforehand...

10. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

... so my 4.5km road trough 1000 years old jungle is regrowed :eek:

and I didnt even had that bug :(

Redneck Gaming likes this.
  11. elmo

elmo Commander

I haven't been out and about again. I'm in a sand area or I was, built my base and no trees were around or near it. All other deco and trees disappeared but when fix came out I went back into the game. I have grass round my base and large tree growing out the edge of the landing pad for my HV. Also noticed the sand area just beyond base now has loads of silicon and copper rocks which were not there before fix... I also noticed I am now no longer getting drone attacks where i was getting them regularly before fix.

12. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Rear Admiral

Where? How? :eek::confused::eek: This would solve several issues I have with tweaking the energy costs. Hopefully could apply to thrusters too!

Well.. I do try to minimize it yes. But back when I did some extreme realistic-physics tune on the thrusters, I ended up with a small CV that consumed 1 fusion cell in 10 seconds of flight, and I came to conclusion it didn't really matter that much in the end. Yeah, some more digging of prom asteroids, a few more water gens and a couple constructors to grind the cells.. and that's it. So I think at least for me it's more like.. a force of habit I guess. I try to plan, optimize, make things better.. but the impact just doesn't feel like it's all that big.

Sounds about right, but there's also a catch. The shorter you make the duration the greater the draw for that span needs to be.. and I don't think a repair station should monopolize half the output of T2 generator, or the like. And if you make the draw long, although you can compensate by making multiple devices (which isn't a bad thing in itself, it makes sense), it also promotes simply disassembling the device after use to stop the drain - part of the reason why I went for taking the charge before the use rather than after. Even if the drain is 20 seconds, you can partially disassemble the device before use, then take the last bit within 3-4 seconds of use, and save most of the energy cost.

13. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Captain

What is this?

14. Krocaine

Krocaine Ensign

Looking forward to testing this out when I get home. I hope it did not wipe out my custom keyboard settings. *crosses fingers*

On that topic, is there a way to prevent that from happening? Is there a game settings config I can backup?

Runeshadow likes this.
  15. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

Nope... for some strange reason, EGS puts keybinds in the registry... which I really don't like. They shouldn't touch that beyond what's needed to run teh game.

WolfEyes, Ravis, Runeshadow and 2 others like this.
  16. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

Agreed. Enough programs leave random crap floating around in the registry. I am VERY glad that most of the crazy bugs are resolved now lol. Only major bug they seem to have left is dealing with all the CoQ errors people get. You guys have done a GREAT job on this release, though I am a little disappointed to see the cpu usage on the dedicated so much higher. Really hoping 8.0 release day goes smooth for you guys :)

17. Germanicus

Germanicus Commander

To me that sounds a bit about Multi Tooling stuff.. otherwise I have no clueo_O

18. Germanicus

Germanicus Commander

I started a new one, on my chosen seed, this morning, an hour before going to work:D.
    Continuing it in the evening!

Muphygn likes this.
  19. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Rear Admiral

Sounds like operations that could unlock / power up (power down?) devices across the playfield on several POIs at once. Not sure where/how those operations would be triggered from though.. but I imagine it has to do with story missions. e.g. some event in story mission could trigger an operation that unlocks certain portals, doors, containers or such, in any POI structures that match a group. This could be used so that f.ex. if you destroy a core on "control center" POI, then all doors in any POI structures that belong to "SpacePort" group will be unlocked.

But that's just a guess based on the names :confused:

20. Muphygn

Muphygn Ensign

THANK YOU FOR WORKING HARD ON WHATEVER YOU CAN DO TO MAKE FOR A GOOD LAUNCH! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.