Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 8.0 - Release Candidate 2

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pantera

Pantera Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    It means more unlock points were added to make sure there is enough to unlock everything.

2. polochom

polochom Lieutenant

This alpha 8 .... whoao!

Starwing6 and Marty like this.
  3. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

This is not officially supported anymore (I got no time to update it (I created it), so best to remove it). Maybe I'll find time to fix / improve it later.

4. nexus_absolute

nexus_absolute Captain

The universe is coming alive so much now. You've come so far but are still going further. Well done!
    Can't wait for the public release next week!
    WOOT WOOT!

5. Dandere

Dandere Commander

Was the (bug?) with the BP factory destroying materials a BP doesn't use still ignored?

Can we please get word on this?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    monktk likes this.
  6. nexus_absolute

nexus_absolute Captain

Didn't get a chance to put this into the RC1 before the thread closed, so dropping it in here.

Regarding my forays into the dead-end-world, I finally went back there (and believe it or not, for a moment thought I forgot to bring spare pentaxid :rolleyes:) so I could share the barren glory.

RC1_2018-06-07_21-35-15.png RC1_2018-06-07_21-54-17.png RC1_2018-06-07_21-35-23.png

Two things I didn't realise first time...
    1) it's the closest planet to my starting world of Vishvang, so could really punish new players who don't realise they need fuel for a return trip
    2) nearly every POI was a wreak, abandoned building or deserted structure (knew there were some but not how many). This, combined with the desert environment and lack of a way out, made it feel even more story-orientated and deliberate. It felt like I was just the latest in a long line of poor souls to end up here. Another faction for scavengers to fit alongside the zirax and traders (and humans?) would fit really well into this environment.

It's a shame it's so cut-off. Some of the areas were really quite beautiful.
    +1 for terrain generation.
    RC1_2018-06-07_21-40-48.png

7. Cleff

Cleff Captain

ZIRAX UPDATE!

You guys keep this up and I'm going to have to finally nag all my friends to jump back in for a playthrough with me! I've been waiting for an AI update like this for a while now. Awesome work, but keep the ball rolling too!

8. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Rear Admiral

About the new format on ore deposit HUD text thing...
    How about shortening it? Right now we see:

Iron Deposit
    Size: medium, approx. 100% ore left
    353 m

That's a bit spammy on the hud. There's a lot of redundant filler text. (Size:, approx. ore left)

Medium Iron Deposit (100%)
    353 m

That would be shorter, and would convey the same information?

9. Tina Pedersen

Tina Pedersen Captain

That, is a MASSIVE amount of fixes o_O .... AWEZUM!!!! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

ONE thing, i sincerely do miss amoungst the update and fixes info though... is the fix of block faces and drowning HV's :-/
    To this day, i have yet to see how i can texture a multi-faced block at one angle, while a different angle, paints other faces than one wants :-/
    (Paint bug is SOLELY found on angled blocks and very well documented by LiftPizzas and other tubers / users over time.)

HV drowning... ongoing i guess ^-^

still though... ♥AMAZING♥

Starwing6 likes this.
  10. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Rear Admiral

One thing that would make things a bit more interesting, would be if alien faction(s) started using HV and SV, and on harder planets also CV. Would give a reason to actually build defenses, beyond just slapping on a couple cannon turrets.

Of course it would require them being able to fly them a bit more intelligently than just straight line from point A to point B. Move a bit along the terrain (maintain altitude, go around higher mountain peaks). Orbiting the target, strafing runs, weaving around for random dodging, dive bombing, maintaining distance.. stuff like that.

11. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Rear Admiral

Will there be a new ssg manual provided soon showing how to use this editor?

runlykhel, jd1969 and TK85 like this.
  12. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Rear Admiral

Didn't the previous patch add the emergency boost thing that should get you out of water?

shadowfoxx6, monktk and Tina Pedersen like this.
  13. Tina Pedersen

Tina Pedersen Captain

Indeed ^-^
    Still, the thing isnt supposed to go under water to begin with, leaving the fix, as temporary, while the bug itself, still persists ^-^... Note, i have NOT yet played this update in SP nor MP ...

14. gevans

gevans Lieutenant

This latest 8.07 patch has really screwed up my multiplayer server planet.
    The planet surface is now completely screwed up......elevations have changed with massive square blocks added to or carved out of the landscape.

15. IronCartographer

Release candidates are not for releasing new content.

They are for verifying that bugs have been fixed, and that things are becoming stable for release of the version in progress.

By dividing your efforts between bugfixing and new content, you are making more work for yourselves and testers.

16. Flash Hendricks

Flash Hendricks Captain

Or how about a purely visual system with different size icons for different size deposits and a text-based tool tip that shows when you point a drill at the deposit? I know it can't happen soon, but I would like the HUD to eventually have less text and more informative icons and graphics.

StyleBBQ and nexus_absolute like this.
  17. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

ELON YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!! I might be the only one who will say this but add as many features as you guys want. We're in ALpha for a reason this is the perfect time to have bugs . I know some people want a perfect Stable version but I for one don't expect that until the Beta version is released. I love having new features it's one of the fun parts of an early access games.
    Improving the AI for the Enemy NPCs will do so much for this game it was needed.
    ANOTHER NEW MOON???!?! WOW!!!!!!!!
    The little shaky cam is a very news touch and will help with immersion

People who are complaining about Elon adding new features before the release, listen if you want a 100% stable game then you should wait until Empyrion is in beta. Alpha is exactly when developers add these features and also when you're in the Alpha phase in any game even "Stable" is not going to be a 100% stable. Everything is subject to change.

I don't know if this is possible but I would like to see certain planets have a fleet of Partol ships CV and SV guarding the area. So we woud have to fight in order just to get to the planet. Maybe a planet that is rich in resources or one of the Aliens home world.

ceritul, MadRussian, Marty and 2 others like this.
  18. Keith Hovey

Keith Hovey Captain

Well... After generating a new map... Multiple clients having multiple different issues on a wide variety of starter planets. More visual bugs, more in game bugs...

Vanishing backpacks
    vanishing terrain
    Deco in the sky again
    Anything to do with the api mod wise that handles items has some kind of bug (Didnt happen until AFTER RC1 was released)
    Players falling through the terrain in their Pods and endlessly falling through after getting booted out.

And thats just in the first 20 minutes of people hopping into multiplayer.

Are the phrases "release candidate" and "no more Major changes" defined differently in other languages? Just curious. Would like to clarify if this is just a communication issue.

I did notice however that i was able to track down an issue i had with SSG this time. THAT was awesome :)
    Glad to see the new moon! Thats cool.

Overall great changes in 8.0 :) but this will be the last time I bother with an experimental release. I think I will skip all of this in 9 and 10. This is crazy even for me. I have never seen this much change in a release candidate. Its way unpredictable, and it doesnt seem like fixing bugs is a priority. Id rather them just call it what it is... It sure isnt what i would perceive as a release candidate at all. Personal opinion. Maybe my definition of release candidate is the issue hahahaha. Idk. Just not what i had in mind at all. I feel like all this "Testing" has been a huge waste of time up to this point.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    Marty and jesterjunk like this.
  19. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

It's entirely due to the fact that blocks can currently only have 6 different sides (as far as textures are concerned). This obviously causes problems when texturing blocks with 7+ sides, but it's not clear if/when the devs are planning to fix it.

20. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

My guess is that the simmering discontent on the forums about how long it's been since a public release induced Eleon to rename the lastest experimental builds to release candidates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.