Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 9.0 - Update 2

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Dec 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FUE DENIS

FUE DENIS Commander

Les plantes donne des fruits en continue .

2. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Known issue.

3. serogate

serogate Ensign

Not getting Xp from picking up plants anymore, I'm guessing this is connected to the bug unlimited harvest?

4. Ian Einman

Ian Einman Captain

Cargo Boxes: Thank you for bringing back the other cargo boxes as alternates. Please consider taking some of the containers out of "tech equipment" and putting them in the same group. This would include:
    • Box large and box medium
    • The locker
    • The two repositories
    • Possibly the two tanks as well
    This would also enable them to be used as input/output for logistics.

It would be quite reasonable if the volume capacity of them was lower than other cargo boxes. But I think they should be able to be used. I tend to use them for specialized storage like for seeds.

I'd also like it if the kitchen sink could be a logistics target. (I always use them in greenhouse areas and tend to fill them with bottled water and nutrient solution.)

Lastly I should point out that Fridge 1, Fridge 2, and Fridge 3 all have the same mass and volume capacity. Fridge 1 should be half Fridge 2, and Fridge 3 should be even less than that (in volume capacity, anyway).

Runeshadow likes this.
  5. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    It does work try using the shift key with any movement key w, a, s, d, c, or space bar. To disable it press any movement key.
    F.ex Shift+W then let go should turn it on I have just used it myself with no issue.

6. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Thank you. It should be explained in the update notes.

Sofianinho likes this.
  7. Gaz

Gaz Lieutenant

Trying not to exploit the plant thing lol

8. Flash Hendricks

Flash Hendricks Captain

The unlimited plant harvest (on Survival) with no XP makes it very hard to test; takes forever to level up.

9. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

The plant issue new with B2071 is being looked into & will be fixed asap.

from the Bug-Report section;)

Cluascorp likes this.
  10. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Added a note for it.

11. robchatc35

robchatc35 Commander

The plant bug is ok just fix the XP for it :D

12. Andipro

Andipro Lieutenant

Can't wait to start some experimental game. But for my taste this new Plant-pick-up bug is much to gamebreaking. Same game breaking level as it was in the build before with those heavy FPS-Drops. I'll still waiting and hope for a small hotfix for this new plant Bug soon. Sorry :-(

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    Runeshadow and Pach like this.
  13. Zuleica

Zuleica Rear Admiral

The workshop is doomed anyway. I started looking at updating some of my designs and it prompted me to get a beer and go sit in front of the TV instead.

14. Zuleica

Zuleica Rear Admiral

Any progress on turning fridges into modular refrigerated containers?

TK85 likes this.
  15. CitizenK3N

CitizenK3N Ensign

Right! Which is why I think mass instead of volume should be used for storage. Containers could have a mass limit and we don't care about volume. Each object can be "compressed" based on it's mass, so lower density objects (with higher volume) might fit in the same amount of space as smaller, high-density objects. Example: A large composite block may take the same amount of storage units as a small metal block, etc. An object's mass (only) could determine the number of storage units it will take up in storage.

Ian Einman likes this.
  16. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Rear Admiral

Agreed on this one - temperate start is a bit too simple and easy by now, and on arid start I rely heavily on getting to level 3 by picking plants, so I can make a reliable source of O2. Also large part of what makes arid start interesting is the limited amount of resources - like food. This bug breaks both mechanisms at the start. So hopefully there will be a hotfix for this soon - overall the patch notes were quite promising, so will be interesting to try another new start. :)

Andipro likes this.
  17. Runeshadow

Runeshadow Captain

Don't give up on the workshop yet, Zuleica. But you and Sasquatch make very good points. I'm concerned about how weight and volume will affect the overall tone of the Game. I really prefer to play the standard config as the Devs intended and I feel weird turning stuff off so I can play. I'm one of those players who HATES Space Engineers for the physics requirements. I understand it is more realistic, too realistic for me and too much like my day job lol.

I play a lot of MP. I think the way custom servers handle this shows that it will be OK. I play on a PVE server with HUGE deposits. No size class limits. My faction brings in megatons of ores for our big ships and it works out great. I think we will see even more of that and the Devs have shown a commitment to making the most controversial features optional.

I wish I had the skills to set up the YAML files for my SP games like that, but it is far beyond what I want to do in a game.

I won't put a lot of time into updating BPs- I'll build new stuff and update only my most popular 3 or 4 ships and bases. That is expected, I do wish there was a way to organize and categorize our BPs in the workshop so when a player visits my workshop, they see the BPs stacked up the way I want them to show. Then we could have folders for BPs designed for Survival mode, or Freedom Mode, even PVP or PVE specific designs.

18. Bloomsfield

Bloomsfield Ensign

The notes said use Shift and a direction key for cruise, did you try that?

19. Runeshadow

Runeshadow Captain

I thought we had a safe zone established around the crash site??? Having a pack of spiders 50m away from the crashed pod is too hard IMO.

Setting spawns to "Low' makes it too easy and boring later in the game. I have already noticed how quiet and empty the new larger planets are.

Could we have separate settings for the spawns of Prey, Predator, and NPC?

G Stryker 97 and elmo like this.
  20. Runeshadow

Runeshadow Captain

Rocking 55 fps in the woods with the large trees now. Great job on that epic memory leak!

G Stryker 97 and elmo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.