Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 9.0 - Update 2

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Dec 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andipro

Andipro Lieutenant

Thank you very much Eleon :)

2. Pach

Pach Captain

... I actually don't like most space games. I like EGS because it's BALANCED between realism and ease to play.

Too much realism is not fun (e.g. Space Engineers).

Too easy to play isn't fun.

Balanced is awesome.

3. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I killed a lot of Alien Bugs and reached Level 4 within the first Day....healing wise I ate only Herbal Leaves:).
    I wonder how long it will take to get rid of the Green color of my Face now;):D

Runeshadow likes this.
  4. dreadshane

dreadshane Ensign

Awesome bug fix, logistics menu still reverts back to fuel tank, No matter how many times you change it.
    Love cruise mode, don't change a thing

5. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

Still convinced that the portable constructor should be unlocked at level one. It's ridiculous to have to grind your way up to it.

6. Rayner_Lute

Rayner_Lute Ensign

About CPU when there is information, what is it and for what?

7. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Rear Admiral

Good stuff :D

Many surface rocks leave visual model behind though. That's no longer game breaking, but kind of confusing :eek:

Runeshadow and Germanicus like this.
  8. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Known & being looked into.

Germanicus, Nogitsune and Runeshadow like this.
  9. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Rear Admiral

Still glad the hotfix was rolled in to fix the plant pickings :D

Germanicus likes this.
  10. Runeshadow

Runeshadow Captain

Robinson Protocol is really cool now. I like that the combat missions are further out.

I'm at the stage of finding the Alien signal. I see those red cargo containers up there, but I can't reach them, good game! Really motivates to get to the next levels and make an SV so I can get up there.

It seems a bit much to have a drone attack here. I'm at level 3 with just a shotgun, maybe next time I'll prepare better for this stage .

G Stryker 97 and Germanicus like this.
  11. Runeshadow

Runeshadow Captain

Those raptors are smart! They are using the phantom rocks as a cloak, hiding in there and jumping out when I walk by, good game lol :)

G Stryker 97 and Sofianinho like this.
  12. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

The fps issue is gone :)

The texture of panelled steel still seems to be auto applying to any build spawned that was painted with plain steel texture in 8.7

The issue is with steel blocks for HV and not combat steel, have not checked hardened steel.
    Not sure if this is known issue but I did file a report for it in last exp.

13. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

14. Runeshadow

Runeshadow Captain

It would be really nice to be able to walk up to a cargo box on an SV, access it with one action and put stuff in there. The automation and management features are great, but not at the cost of basic access. Trying to simply place items in a cargo box or food in a fridge is clunky now.

G Stryker 97, SacredGlade and elmo like this.
  15. Rayner_Lute

Rayner_Lute Ensign

I hope in the end this system will still allow you to build large versatile ships, as now the CPU is only enough for a very small ship.

Runeshadow likes this.
  16. FUE DENIS

FUE DENIS Commander

Plante et cailloux ne disparaisse pas après avoir été récolté.

un bug chasse l'autre :rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  17. Cleff

Cleff Captain

Feedback on updated ship movement (again no thread for this specific change):

Ship Controller Update:

- cruise mode is now switch off also when the ship is powered off
    • Cruise is a nice addition. A little weird at first with the hotkey but cool once you get used to it. Kudos to Eleon for making ANY of the WASD movements including Space and C able to cruise. Thumbs up.
    - SV and CV will not automatically glide down anymore if they pitch or roll. Only to weak thrusters will lead to a move when pitching or rolling.
    • INCREDIBLE! This is a game-changer and something I felt was incomplete since I started playing. It always added to awkward ship movement and frustration when piloting. Unexpected update but direly needed. Amazing job here!
    - max speed of a ship when diving down is now also limited to 50m/s
    • I don't understand? Does this refer to "dive bombing" meaning you fly straight down towards the ground? I can reach 90m/s when flying straight down. If anything, flying towards the planet/moon should enable the ship to reach 90m/s, not the other way around.
    - Ship max velocity change : on planet the vertical max velocity is now set to 90m/s
    • Similar to above: Why is max velocity set to 90m/s for only vertical movement? Especially if the above change states that flying towards the planet is limited to 50m/s, then it makes no sense that vertical velocity is 90m/s. Regardless, I must be missing something because both flying towards and away from a planet I can reach 90m/s.
    • Which brings up another issue: moving "parallel" to the surface of a planet limits the vessel to 50m/s. But flying against gravity to its full extent allows you to move nearly twice as fast? It makes no sense. Plus, if I really want to move faster than 50m/s horizontally then I can simply hold space to go up while holding W to move forward, or even fly up then nose-dive down to the height I wanted to fly at and it carries over the speed into the horizontal movement. If it allows me to "coast" into this normal movement using the speed I gained from nose-diving, why can't we just travel that fast to begin with? If the restriction is never opened up then you'll just have a bunch of players "cheating" the system by always using Space or C first to gain that momentum then travelling forward with W after they are already moving 80m/s.

What would make more sense is to limit flight/movement away from the celestial body to 50m/s, movement along the body to 65-75m/s, and movement towards the body to 90m/s. It would balance flight movement and aerial combat much more realistically in that using certain movements or techniques will give the player a strategical advantage. A SV above you has a much more opportune position than someone on the same level as you.

SacredGlade likes this.
  18. runlykhel

runlykhel Captain

Yes.
    On arid planets it means travel to find trees; but is a lot more do-able than trying to find and gather enough grain.
    I like the changes with PRM.:D

19. Kumagor0

Kumagor0 Ensign

What does it mean exactly as opposed to non-unique starter planets? What was the default before this change?

20. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Just checking I'm not going crazy:

I wanted to make a Core in my HV Constructor. I already had 5 Electronics in the Input Cargo Box and have successfully drawn material from this box numerous times.

When I queued up the Core, I noticed that the Constructor made 5 more Electronics while also taking the 5 Electronics I had stored. So, I in effect lost either the stored Electronics or it crafted 5 Electronics which then vanished.

Can anyone confirm this?

Also, another potentially crazy moment, I cannot access the Player Hotbar when sat in a vehicle - it just shows empty. I store a few quick-use items here, as you'd expect, but would like to be able to address them directly when in a vessel.

Scoob.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.