Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 9.0 - Update 2

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Dec 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Captain

Prior to this patch you could fly over 150m/s on a planet in a SV simply by diving straight down then pulling out of it and you could hold that speed for a long time (and the rendering was crap at that speed) so it sounds like they fixed that.

You can still go straight down at 90m/s but as soon as you start flying horizontally the speed is reduced.
    It seems like that's what all of those patch notes meant.

Cleff likes this.
  2. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

Were there also sufficient computers in the cargo box? If not, then it would seem like the constructor just made extra electronics to make the computers. Otherwise, that does seem strange.

Player hotbar or virtual hotbar? Because the player hotbar has never been accessible when seated in a vehicle, as far as I know.

Except you can still cheese the system by boosting upward for a moment and then transitioning to level flight. Your speed drops over time, but your average speed across many such boosters ends up exceeding the horizontal max speed. It's not a great system at present.

3. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Captain

Yeah, I'm not home to test it yet. I was just sharing what it sounded like those patch notes meant based on my observations in the previous patch.

That's a shame that it can still be cheesed. Hopefully they can come up with a better solution.

4. Grandirus

Grandirus Commander

Drones on radar. Why not use the radar deco as a functional radar?
    Put radar deco = enable drones on radar.
    Reduced VRAM usage are much as welcome.

Germanicus, Pach and Runeshadow like this.
  5. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Yeah, maybe you're right and I miss-counted...I told you I might be going crazy!

Player Hotbar. You know, I could have sworn that while this didn't use to be possible, it was updated to allow us to access the Player Hotbar while on a vehicle but only when accessing an Inventory. I.e. sat in a vehicle we see, of course, the vehicle Hotbar. However, press "P" to enter the control panel, go into any Cargo Box (or Constructor too back then) and the Player Hotbar is shown. I recall dragging stuff directly from vehicle inventory to my Hotbar...maybe I dreamt it lol

It's funny, I've only been away from the game a relatively short while, but I feel like a noob at the mo.

Scoob.

6. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I could have filed two Bug reports on Items produced that vanished or drawing more Material than actually needed..but I could not repeat it because it happened only once. One time I constructed a Core to get Parts from a crashed Capital Vessel. I produced the Core, placed into my Backpack, closed the window stepped on the Ship and... poof GONE, same with Ore Detector for Promethium.
    Today in my first game with the "Plant Pick Bug" I had made a Bike and I could swear it took more Crushed stone than it should and did not return the not needed overflow which I got by the second attempt after the Bugfix. There I saw that actually it should have returned 15 Stone Dust and 15 Carbon...(?).

7. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I think in my case I just made a mistake @Germanicus, @geostar1024 was right I suspect, and I simply didn't allow for the construction of extra Electronics for the Computers needed. I'm evidently a bit rusty, and making rookie mistakes...it's sorta nice to feel "new" at the game again lol.

Scoob.

Pach and Germanicus like this.
  8. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

So from an old Admiral(you) to a Rookie Admiral(me): I may not be as rusty but I am not nearly as clever as you or @geostar1024 :D

9. IronCartographer

I seem to recall a change that allowed you to use your player hotbar with the character's inventory screen open, even while seated in a vessel...but can't remember when that happened, and haven't tested to see what interferes now.

10. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Consider it all WIP for now still more to come in this area.

Pach, krazzykid2006 and Germanicus like this.
  11. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I am only able to access it when I get out of my seat. Any other way the Logistic system pops up and you have a blank hotbar

12. FUE DENIS

FUE DENIS Commander

Certaine grand caisse de munition (vielle caisse de la 8) ne veulent pas ce démonter.

13. runlykhel

runlykhel Captain

I can confirm part of that. I had the materials, 40 boards, in the cargo container attached to the constructor , and yet the constructor chose to make another 40 boards using one of my logs in said cargo box when I went to make a small number of wood blocks( less than ten). I ended up with 70+ wood boards in the cargo container.

This was the only time I noticed it; don't know what other things have been made redundently.:confused:

Edit for clarification: I was watching while it did this, so no mistake about amount of available resources.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    Pach and Germanicus like this.
  14. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Also, and perhaps others can confirm this, while the ability to repeatedly pick a plant is fixed, when picking Corn Dogs (as I am now) about 20% of the time the model doesn't changed to the "picked" version, but remains whole. Very minor of course, but worth sorting if at all possible. Seeing a tasty (I assume lol) corndog only for it to be an empty plant...so disappointing lol.

Edit: By the way, when did we lose the "well fed" bonus or whatever it was called? I thought that was a good way to allow us to heal up early game.

Scoob.

Germanicus and runlykhel like this.
  15. Talohan

Talohan Ensign

Wil still got it in 0.8 right now. Must be gone in 0.9.

16. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

"Many surface rocks leave visual model behind though."
    Known & being looked into.

Pantera, Yesterday at 7:59 PM

Its not only Plants but Trees and Rocks as well, strangely enough not all of them

runlykhel likes this.
  17. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Ok, I just wanted to be sure they're aware that some plants - well, the Corndog - don't change when picked. I'd not actually noticed an issue with Rocks personally - are they talking the resource rocks, or just normal rocks that yield crushed stone?

On a TOTALLY unrelated note to that, I'm experimenting with RAMDrives again. I ran into problems previously - a long time ago now - in that Steam's DRM (such as it is) would not read files from the RAMDrive despite being launched from there. It would insist on reading only from the actual install folder. Of course, this stopped RAMDrives in their tracks...as data wasn't read from it. Now however, and I've not a clue when this changed, it's WORKING! I've been playing with a GoG title recently - totally DRM-free of course - so a RAMDrive worked beautifully, so thought I'd tinker. While my fps in Empyrion is generally a solid 60 - well, reported as such - I've been noticing little "snags" when travelling at speed. So, I thought I'd play with RAMDrives again...it appears to be helping, though I need more time to confirm that.

Sorry for the aside, just thought it interesting... :)

Scoob.

Germanicus likes this.
  18. Jawatraders

Jawatraders Lieutenant

I thought I read somewhere they were planing on making a proper sensor system sometime, but I forget where I saw it

19. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

EXP903.2072_2018-12-15_19-05-21.png
    Me, standing inside the Ore Rock and trying to find the pieces:cool:..all kind of Rocks, Plants and even Trees, but as i said, not all of them EXP903.2072_2018-12-15_19-19-02.png

runlykhel, Pach and Grandirus like this.
  20. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

As far as I know, the devs haven't said much about what they envision for the sensor system. However, I remain hopeful that they use my proposal on the subject for inspiration:

https://empyriononline.com/threads/sensor-system-proposal.36353/

Grandirus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.