Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 9.0 - Update 2

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Dec 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

@Germanicus - Thankfully haven't seen that one yet, though I've not harvested many surface rocks...just enough to allow me to make a Constructor, Drill & fuel.

Scoob.

Germanicus likes this.
  2. Grandirus

Grandirus Commander

When you said RAMDrive, did you mean put a pendrive and set it as an extra RAM?

EDIT.: Forget what I said. RAMDrive is a virtual hard disk using some of ram. Sorry about what I asked.

3. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I have a query regarding Drones...

If I'm in Zirax territory - I'm hostile to them - their Drones attack me and, if I shoot them down I lose rep right? However, what if they chase me into neutral territory, are they fair game or do I still take a rep hit?

I get that they defend their own territory, but they're chasing me out into neutral ground...which is a pain. I can of course take them down...I have an AR, just want to protect my squishy HV, but I wonder what the consequences might be.

@Grandirus - nope, a proper RAMDrive using a chunk of system RAM. I have 32gb in my system and the Empyrion folder fits into 9gb IIRC. Loading and the like seems snappier, plus the snags I was reporting appear lessened. My system is quite old at its heart:

2600k @ 4.6ghz
    32gb DDR3 1600
    GTX 1070
    2x SATA SSD's in RAID0
    Windows 10 Pro

Still, considering the ages of the Core system - CPU, Motherboard and RAM - it's a pretty decent rig still. I'm monitoring Empyrion's resource usage as I play and, CPU appears to be lower than I remember it...not that it was ever remotely high though.

Scoob.

Germanicus and Grandirus like this.
  4. Grandirus

Grandirus Commander

They already has the radar. Just put a code to enable short range or long range radar mode.

5. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

To be perfectly honest, the radar as implemented is terrible. It's a placeholder and nothing more, in my mind. Sure, it's better than nothing, but extending it enough to be functional would require so much work that one might as well start from scratch and do it correctly (which is what my proposal proposes).

I'd also point out that my proposal naturally includes a stealth system, which is also badly needed.

6. Grandirus

Grandirus Commander

Your system is old? So, mine is from rock age. :p
    G3250 @ 3.2GHz
    4GB DDR3 @ 1866 (but I think it's running at 1600)
    GTX750 2GB
    Normal 7200 RPM HD (I put all games in a diferent partition)
    Win 7 Ultimate 64

But, I LOVE this game. :rolleyes:

Germanicus and Pach like this.
  7. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

@Scoob can't tell you how those Drones will react but you may chose to activate a POLARIS RP Mission where they ask you you to shoot down Pesky Drones... if in THEIR Territory or everywhere...
    Tell me something about an "old" system...:(

8. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

@Grandirus - your CPU is quite a bit newer than mine! Though mine was high-end back in the day, plus the Sandy Bridge generation was epic!

@Germanicus - I just shot down a Drone in neutral territory, I didn't get any sort of reputation message, not sure if I'm supposed to. I'm still "Unfriendly" with the Xirax, though I didn't make a note of what the actual number was beforehand lol.

Edit: Just shot another Drone while in neutral territory - the bugger just spawned in right on top of me - and this time I got the "RP" messages in the bottom left, showing I'd lost rep with Zirax but gained it with Talon and Polaris.

Thought: If I just slaughter a Talon village I can have an easy-mode game surely? I mean, what are the Talon going to do? They're not sending Drones at me are they? I'd love to see a raiding party though, that'd be cool. Plus: ESP much? How to they know what I'm up to? *nervously looks over shoulder..*

Scoob.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    runlykhel, Germanicus and Grandirus like this.
  9. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

EDIT:
    Then mine is from the Iron Age:D
    i7-4700HQ CPU 2,4GHz
    16GB DD3 @ 1600MHz
    GTX 780m 4GB
    1TB HDD 5400 RPM With 256 GB SSD
    Win 8.1-64

I don't play other games than EGS since 11.12.2017(buying date):D

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    Grandirus likes this.
  10. Grandirus

Grandirus Commander

I'm planning to buy 16GB DDR3. Just waiting my first payment in my new job.

Germanicus likes this.
  11. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Wow, a 720rpm Drive, that must be sluggish...my last spinner was 10x that @Germanicus! ;)

On another note: I really hope they allow the HV Constructor to build the basic Minigun turret sometime. I want to stay mobile in my game - it's fun - yet I need to build a base in order to build an HV turret :/

Scoob.

Grandirus and Germanicus like this.
  12. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Not sure where you are in the world, but I was surprised that DDR3 can still be had for a reasonable price:

Link to Scan.co.uk

which is reassuring!

Scoob.

Grandirus likes this.
  13. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Ah, well shouldn't stay up that long...:rolleyes:

14. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I believe ELEON is working on something for the Talons as they implemented this
    Gameplay:
    - Updated Plastic Material template and volume/mass for Plastic Blocks (see below for more details)
    - Added TalonSentinel and AssaultCyborgSentinel NPC that guard a certain position
    - Added TalonSentinel as example to some Talon POIs

15. Grandirus

Grandirus Commander

I'm from Brazil, Rio de Janeiro state in a small city called Volta Redonda. :D
    See this guy holding this flag? He is from here, and the flag is from the local football soccer team.
    "From Russia with love" :p:p:p:p
    Brasil-VR.jpg

Germanicus likes this.
  16. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Cool, I'd missed that. Do you know if I were able to lure a Zirax Drone into say Polaris territory the two would fight? Cos that'd be cool.

Cool, best not to use Scan then, I expect shipping might be expensive! Actually have a few friends from Brazil and an English friend of mine moved out there a few years ago.

Hope RAM prices are decent there too!

Scoob.

Grandirus likes this.
  17. Grandirus

Grandirus Commander

I pay about $153 (here in Brazilian currency, that's about R$600,00) for 2x 8GB 1600MHz kingston HyperFury.

18. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

It looks like it's about £82 here for a 16gb kit, so I guess we're a bit cheaper at the mo.

Can I just say, I'm really enjoying Alpha 9 so far. I've had a few surprises too. Drones seem a bit more effective and a bit nippier which is welcome. To actually feel harassed when in a speedy HV is cool. Also, while investigating one of the Titan Wreck sections...I got ambushed by a Mechanoid! That's new, and the bugger hits quite hard when you're in light armour. Thankfully, I'd just found a T2 AR to replace my T1 so I came on on top in that encounter :)

Oh, mechanoid knew where I was, even when I flanked him while out of his LoS...sneaky ESP again ...that or I'm getting predicable lol.

Scoob.

runlykhel and Grandirus like this.
  19. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Sorry, another question: Should I be seeing Zirax Drones guarding resources deposits outside of their territory? The area is neutral, so it's plausible they'd be there I guess, but this is the first time I've seen it. I've explored quite a lot this eve.

Edit: I am seeing lots of Zirax Drones in Talon territory too...

Scoob.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  20. Runeshadow

Runeshadow Captain

Oh, mechanoid knew where I was, even when I flanked him while out of his LoS...sneaky ESP again ...that or I'm getting predicable lol.

I noticed that too. Zirax patrols are continuing to fire after well out of render distance. They have sniper scopes now :O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.