Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 9.0 - Update 2

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Dec 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inappropriate

Inappropriate Lieutenant

Call me a nerd but this excites me. Can we get some more imfo on how exactly this works? Is there some kind of surface area calculation happening or is it simply using bounding box data?
    This wouldn't happen to be a step in paving the way to some kind of aerodynamics model would it???

Andreykl likes this.
  2. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

Unfortunately, from preliminary testing, it appears to be the same drag calculation that we had previously before it got (presumably accidentally) removed/deactivated during the recent ship controller updates.

Andreykl likes this.
  3. Inappropriate

Inappropriate Lieutenant

That's more then a little disappointing especially considering I wasn't aware there even was a drag calculation implemented to began with.

4. Jon2

Jon2 Lieutenant

I think the Container Controller for ore and wood of the hover should have it's volume capacity increased. The way it is now (only 125 SU), it only can take 25 ore of one ore type. that way i will need always put a cv together with my hover with to mine, so that i put the ore i take in the cv. But this will make things very slowly and anooying.

I know i can put extensions in the container ore for hover to increase the volume capacity, but it will make the hover so big that it will get stuck everytime under the surface when mining.

5. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

The way the modular container system works is that you put down a cargo controller to start the array, and then add as many cargo extenders adjacent to the controller and each other as you want to increase the capacity of the array. It sounds like you've been using the controller on its own without extenders, so perhaps try creating a larger storage array for your mining HV by putting some cargo extenders next to your cargo controller.

runlykhel likes this.
  6. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

I cant be the only person who found that all automatic doors ramps and shutters in game are broken in 2075 right ?
    I spotted that in 30 seconds after loading new 2075 save yet I am the only person reporting it 0.o

Basically any door or shutter or ramp you have will spam when your mouse cursor hovers above it.

Whether it be hv sv or cv.

7. dreadshane

dreadshane Ensign

Plz bring the no drag cruise back, this last update is very unstable. I got the same problem with my doors too

8. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

Is their a testing session of the exp before it is released as exp to the public?

I sure wish I was a part of that pre exp testing process because to wait a week for a patch and find all doors broken is not good at all and makes me wonder how did nobody notice the doors were all broken on all builds ? I clearly would have noticed it before release.

So whoever did not notice that as part of their job, this is a slap on the wrist for you !

I offer my services free of charge for pre testing future exp patches eleon, make use of me while im here I have nothing but time on my hands and a lot of desire to see this game succeed, but I cant wait a week for a broken patch like this and be expected to sit and wait another undisclosed amount of time before I can begin even testing this exp patch, all because people don't notice little or major things that did not meet quality control.
    Things I would have noticed in a heart beat.

If I can spot these things so quick then invite me to test your exp before you release it.

Autistic, aspergers, ocd works for free...
    can you afford to not have me around ?

elmo likes this.
  9. KnowItAllDM

KnowItAllDM Commander

So, when updating a custom scenario to Alpha 9, I noticed that "SpawnNear" only works with if both POI are the same faction or one is "Faction:None", otherwise the one with the "SpawnNear" protocol fails to spawn.

Is this meant to occur?
    I'm attempting to spawn an Admin POI between 1K-2K from an Alien faction POI. It worked in Alpha 8, but not alpha 9.

10. Cluascorp

Cluascorp Lieutenant

At least i can get rid of those trees now :)

11. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Captain

Just seen all the feedback threads go up for 9. Didn't expect this to get pushed to the stable branch this quickly.

Thundercraft and elmo like this.
  12. R-TEAM

R-TEAM Lieutenant

I have no problem (if optional - as not all players like it..) with Drag in an Atmo ....
    But it should be calculated "halfway" realistic .... on SE it was an "Mod" where calculate the drag in an direction, based an the shape of the vessel ... so i hope we get here "inbuild" in the engine an , at last, compare simulation ..... (and get rid finaly of the unrelistic drag in space ...)

Regards

13. Arrclyde

Arrclyde Rear Admiral

I just wanted to say: i actually like the idea of modular cargo container. Even that you can make your storage have a special look now.
    The thing is with the texture. I know it is just a placeholder right now and i hope for a more destinct cargocontainer look (like frameworks, and special plates) the dynamically change to fit the actual container form.
    That would make actual freighters have a unique look and a consistent look across all created vessels (if the cargo is on the outside and not tucked away).

I am pretty excited about the possibilities of all of this. :)

Thundercraft likes this.
  14. nexus_absolute

nexus_absolute Captain

Sooo... what exactly was this teasing?

Is this showing all our new Zirax buddies coming over just to say hi or is this the number of cargo boxes now needed on our builds, as represented by drones? ;)

All joking aside, is this a feature that wasn't ready yet or am I missing something?

15. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Did not make it in Alpha 9 Part I i am afraid.

16. Andreykl

Andreykl Commander

Prefab tier 4 miner has 3 medium containers and a lot of armor, so it has 750 capacity from the box (decent 150 ore), you just need to make them all harvesting, and can be extended with a lot of CEs without affecting form.

Exactly why I built this thing.
    P.S. For some reason my CV looks thinner on image then on screen.

Wasn't an issue for me. You just get slower start before you get your first HV, and you indeed need a CV for storing larger outputs from miner.
    Bigger issue: we can't dock CV to CV so you can't take 'miner carrier CV' with you, you will have to 'drop' (sometimes literaly) you base-CV onto planets

What drag? Have you tried pressing I?

runlykhel and Thundercraft like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.