Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 9.0 - Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Dec 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Hi Galactic Survivalists,

We released another update for Alpha 9 - Experimental.

Please continue to report bugs here: https://empyriononline.com/threads/...lay-read-introduction-before-reporting.46683/

CHANGELOG: Alpha 9.0.2 - Experimental (Build 2062)

Added new type of Entity Spawners: "Static"
    > these new spawners should behave as if you actually place the NPC in the POI
    - Spawn spawns NPC once
    - No particle effect
    - Will also spawn NPC when structure has no core anymore ie after conquering
    - "Static" can be configured via CP of spawner block
    > Idea is to be able to create POIs where the player needs to clear a POI completely from enemies even after it has been captured
    > we recommend using for these static spawners the thin plate and texture it so it is hidden

General Entity Spawner Update:
    - Added dummy model to all spawner blocks so that the spawner blocks can be easily found in Creative mode in a POI
    - Added the possibility to set faction on a per-spawner basis (eg you can place Civilian prisoners in a Zirax prison)
    - Entities that are spawned within a structure are now also saved with this structure (this means when resuming a save game, the NPCs will be at the same position as when leaving game): PLEASE test well
    - Entities spawned in a structure now stay within the structure and a boundary of 5 meters around
    - Updated Talon POIs with static spawners

Faction Changes:
    - No reputation loss if opening container in AI faction POI that is set to 0000
    - Added new trigger levels for some actions, eg when attacking an NPC or opening a container, reputation drops to neutral not unfriendly
    - Updated colors of player faction and admin faction

Other Changes:
    - Increased version nr to 9.0.2
    - Added vessel deco parts: [​IMG]
    - Allow to set blocks to a structure that is regenerate-able in super godmode
    - Updated Localization.csv
    - Implemented that the Logistics window opens when you press 'Manage' in CP for fuel or O2
    - Increased HP of Cargo Controller L and Extension L to 500 HP
    - Added proper projectile for Turret HV Rocket (FastRocketGV)
    - Updated dead version for AlienBug01
    - Updated messages with Material Transmitter
    - Added TalonChief and ZiraxCommander NPC
    - Allow for possibility of generating a random system for a scenario
    - Adapted drone base attack on starter planets: only after placing turret (not when base gets powered)
    - Exchanged Troop Transport content: RipperDog instead of Crawler
    - Added new Talon Trader content for all Talon traders in POIs

Volume Balancing:
    - Reduced volumes of ores and ingots
    - Slightly adjusted volumes of (intermediate) components

Re-added Arid planet as a 2nd starter planet:
    - Please double check PDA Robinson Protocol
    - How is start on Arid (too difficult or ok)?

Default Akua-Omicron scenario:
    - Abandoned POI and Artifacts are now Alien Faction
    - No fixed Escape Pod start position anymore
    - Update starting equipment (like in A8)

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: When trying to add fuel or oxygen to a vessel's tank via logistics from another structure a CoQ is triggered <- Please start a new save game if this still triggers a exception in previous A9 saves
    - Fixed: Fuel / O2 withdrawal from one structure to another loses items
    - Fixed: Problem that some blocks on Tower (story) were missing
    - Fixed: When player uses a Furnace at a POI after setting up an input container a CoQ loop is triggered
    - Fixed: CoQ when opening a Personal Container while PDA action with 'InventoryOpened' check is active
    - Fixed: Using the last 4 slots of the PC results in an exception <- Please start a new save game if this still triggers a exception in previous A9 saves
    - Fixed: Neutral State with Zirax lead to base does not defend vs. Base Attack (now no Base Attack of Zirax if standing Neutral or better)
    - Fixed: Command regenerate / RegenAfter set a NPC faction structure to Public
    - Fixed: Issue with the Detector showing to go in directions where this is nothing to discover.
    - Fixed: Faction base getting changed to public
    - Fixed: Collider on Boarding Ramp
    - Fixed: Problem that in Hard setting no Energy Bar was given and thus Robinson Protocol task could not be fulfilled
    - Fix for regenerate POI and faction getting lost
    - Fixed: PF log exceptions after trying to use Deconstructor
    - Fixed: Reputation getting hostile for some actions (eg killing spider in Talon territory)
    - Fixed: Player is disconnected from a server when trying to take fuel or oxygen from a tank
    - Fixed: Problem that weapons without scope could be zoomed slightly and got stuck
    - Fixed: XP is not given in MP for killing any NPC's
    - Fixed: Last 2 shapes of container extensions where wrong (temporarily removed)
    - Fixed: potential exception when using console command 'changemode'
    - Fixed: Scope reflection on pistols

2. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

Sometimes I wonder why I bother...
    *cracks knuckles* Right, let's try again.

So, the SV deco is pretty awesome in concept, but it really needs a refinement pass.
    -Color masks on most objects are either horribly pixelated and show artifacts like a 1990's JPG, or nonexistent. The underlying normal-mapping and surface textures seem passable, so it's probably just your color-masking layer that's all fouled up.
    @EleonGameStudios I can't stress this enough - if you compress the hell out of your texture masks, it will show. I know you're probably trying to save space and cut graphical overhead, but just because a texture is grayscale does not mean it can be shrunk or compressed without issue, and it looks all the weirder here because the resolution on some of the object's mapping is better than others. These are some really great-looking parts, don't handicap them like this. You gave us an amazing boon with that custom color palette, but if we can't paint our ships without seeing this kind of artifact issue... gray. Boring, stale gray, everywhere.

-SVDecoLightsLot2x/3x: completely unpaintable. I'd say they lack a color mask, but I'm willing to bet all these objects share the same texture maps, in which case they've simply been omitted from the coloring portion. Please fix this. They look useful, but again they're gonna be quite handicapped if we can't paint them. Contrary to what you might think, slate gray does not look good on everything, everywhere.

-SVDecoStrake02 - More a suggestion, opinions may vary on this. Change the red glow to blue. Practically everything else, device and deco alike, is blue glow - may as well match it up. Right now it's kinda the odd piece out. (orange would also work, if you care to match the Antenna glows). Even better would be the option to select the glow color, but I'm not holding my breath for that one.

-1x1x1 / 3x3x3 versions of the Airbrake would be most appreciated. The most desired use for this piece will probably be right around the jet engines, and having only a 2x2 size means it's not likely to play nice with single-jet configurations, and look doubly awkward with the large jets. Also, variety is nice.

-Greeble01 and Vent pieces (the two round ones) would also benefit from size choices. Consider three scales - a .5 diameter to match "Cylinder-Thin" blocks, a 1x1 size (current Greeble01), and a 2x2 size (current Vent). In particular, I think a large number of players would love something to cap the Cylinder-Thin block piece, and both of these deco objects would work excellently in that regard. Size options, please.

...Also, a reminder. Fix the volumes for the old cargo boxes and please add the bloody things to the Containers as a block group. I'm not even bitching about the Container models - you stuck the boxes in with the damn deco that shows 'BA/CV Only' and it doesn't show up for HV/CV in the Creative menu. You've got enough players confused already just with A9's core mechanics, don't add to it with something this boneheaded and fixable.

3. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Some very awesome changes here but these 3 are the most exciting for me personally. :D

Time to redo some custom POIs!

Sofianinho likes this.
  4. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

Not to mention that all Workshop HVs and SVs BluePrints require plastic and wood now.....

Pretty harsh for starter vessels.....

Kieve and daddychillin like this.
  5. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Okay, how does this work?

Quarior likes this.
  6. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Uh, wow...great looking Stuff...now add foldable Wings and my World is Perfect!:D

7. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

OOOOOOHHH!

Re-added Arid planet as a 2nd starter planet:
    - Please double check PDA Robinson Protocol

I am stating there at once - I hate all that green stuff around me:D

Wellingtoon and Pach like this.
  8. Cluascorp

Cluascorp Lieutenant

It looks dead alright, but is not dropping any loot ...

ravien_ff and spacefarmer like this.
  9. altcon_z

altcon_z Ensign

Noticed this too.

10. altcon_z

altcon_z Ensign

Arid start is fine so far!

Edit: Medium difficulty, no real threats so far.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  11. woowoo

woowoo Commander

My fps are down from 150 to 15 on creative temperate.

Andre Merrick likes this.
  12. Luzillus

Luzillus Lieutenant

My FPS is brake from 60+ to 20+. After change the Shadows to " Low " FPS Raise to 60+ for a while.

My Config:
    I5 3570k, 32 GB Ram, 1070 GTX, Sound Onboard(Via HD Audio), 400 MBit Connection

Andre Merrick and Grandirus like this.
  13. altcon_z

altcon_z Ensign

My FPS tank in the new Arid oasis/marsh/savanna edge. Something wrong there. After 1 hour in the area, down to single digits!

Andre Merrick likes this.
  14. SifVerT

SifVerT Lieutenant

Did you release another hotfix for 9.0.2? Sometimes it's hard to know when a new patch it out for DS owner.

15. Andreykl

Andreykl Commander

That's... that's... Just wrong!!!
    In SP drones are the sole reason to place turret and there could have been other options... like not attacking below certain size class, controlling frequency above it. Not attacking at low difficulty only... Or since those are zirax drones, they shouldn't be aware(search for) that there is a base until player kills some zirax? Should not attack until faction standing changes?

P.S. Personally I would prefer even patrol vessels attacking base at some point (perhaps reputation based?), at least in SP.
    "Warning Zirax are now hostile to you, be ready for drone-raids from their territories."
    "Warning Zirax are now on a Warpath!, they are sending a patrol vessel towards your base."

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  16. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Arid Starter
    as Satisfying and comfortable;) as always. Temperature is a challenges but manageable, short confusion caused the Plaint Protein grows on land but I see your idea behind it and its OK for me:).
    Exp902.2062_2018-12-11_11-56-53.png
    Plants and Stones within 50m radius of Wreckage "untouchable" as in EXP9.0.

Arachnoids are a Spider Replacement? As they run around at bright Daylight I mean...just outside the 400m around the Drop Pod.

Attached Files:

Andreykl likes this.
  17. SacredGlade

SacredGlade Commander

Hmm not sure if this, removing challenge and dumbing down the start in mu opinion. Now i can through up any ramshakle form of "base" and as long as i do not put on any defences, i will be immune from attack?

Pach and TK85 like this.
  18. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Always unhappy, aren't You not? - WE are intruders in their Territory and not only in their ZoC...its their Empire, remember?
    Since I play(11.12.2017 - Yes exact one Year) they always attacked as soon as you have build a BA..if now only as soon as you place Turrets or after powering up. NP!

19. Andreykl

Andreykl Commander

I'm pretty sure, they meant for this kind of feedback to be in this thread.

I wrote a positive review to this game november 2016, so lets not throw dates around :)

That's exectly why previous behavior was better (not for tutorial, but overall more logical) Still, not entirely Zirax territory - it is a kind of 'shared'.

That behavior can be easily abused, instead of forcing player to rush with turrets one way or another, player can build none at all.

mR_kAt and IronCartographer like this.
  20. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Well the Line reads

Edit: But you are right in a certain way...I will post difficulties with the RP there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.