Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 9.0 - Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Dec 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markoredflag

markoredflag Lieutenant

Cool !, these new deco for svs are very similar to futuristic concepts. But they could be released to CVs as well. I hope it has varying sizes.
    Our CVs would be much more realistic according to the designer of the science fiction of the games, do not you think?
    What about my suggestion to make a captain's chair for HV, SVs with the shape of the passenger seat? any news? We could make better ship designs with this chair and our scale problems would be solved.
    Please think about this, okay? thank you.

Cluascorp likes this.
  2. serogate

serogate Ensign

It's not bad for people who know how to play. but the Robinson to harvest plant protein and make an energy bar seems off for aird. In my game there are Veggies everywhere but no protein in the area close enough to progress the mission before running in to trouble with 02 (started on hard settings w/volume enabled). I'm trying to play like a noob in order to test.

3. Henge

Henge Ensign

Hi all, long time lurker first time poster.

9.0.2 is the first time ever FPS have dropped so low it's borderline unplayable. I'm continuing a save from 9.0.1 if that has any impact.

System: i7-7700k, GTX1080Ti, 16GB RAM.

Jacta999 and Andreykl like this.
  4. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Good Point about the veggies.. I stick with medium on a large Arid Starter;)....did ALMOST run out of Air for doing the RP...When you have to wait until you reach the 2nd Part and "Placing the Portable Constructor"

5. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

No fix for the health packs and adrenaline boosters?

Also any reason why you crippled overall FPS?

6. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

Those new deco parts are going to look awesome on my boats and the cruise ship in particular :p

7. Pach

Pach Captain

Ooooooh.... watch for my pod dropping in after you, Germanicus! I know what I'm playing tonight. ;)
    (and brace for spam on the Tutorial thread)

Germanicus likes this.
  8. Monroe

Monroe Lieutenant

- Allow for possibility of generating a random system for a scenario

Can someone explain to me what this means? Is it related to the SSG?

Quarior, ravien_ff and TK85 like this.
  9. Jadawin15

Jadawin15 Ensign

After starting the Polaris Mission, the Hunter, all animals have disappeared. No Alienbug, no Spider, no Pangolin or other Dinos on the whole planet Fluomate. I try everything, start the game new, fly to the orbit, and searched the whole planet. Not a single animal here.

10. robchatc35

robchatc35 Commander

Same as most people are saying FPS tanks. And i started a new game on the Arid planet. Also seeing floating debris, health packs not healing. And what looks like trees in the distance but on approach disappear.

SacredGlade and Runeshadow like this.
  11. Furious Hellfire

Also receiving unplayable fps with this exp update.

@Pantera was there a rework of the Hover thrusters ? my boats have all sank suggesting the hover thrusters have become somewhat weaker in the range of 50%

12. Furious Hellfire

Ok so the hover engines on the third layer of blocks for making boats is no longer valid, the hovers have been tweaked so now they will function on the second layer of blocks instead, This will put the vessel back to its regular floating height and remain at 0.80

Not sure why the 2 block range of hover was reduced to 1 or rather 3 reduced to 2, maybe it is contributing toward curing the sinking hv bug.

For now it seems i will have to rebuild my boats, some will be easy some may be impossible XD we will see as I shall start the process today.

However if what I have found is a bug/mistake could you let me know @Pantera so that I might template report it.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  13. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

No Problems with FPS on Arid
    Exp902.2062_2018-12-11_15-46-03.png Exp902.2062_2018-12-11_15-45-56.png

14. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

If A Newbie Starts there.... he will die several times before finish the RP Base...:eek:
    Got on 3rd Day Radiated Fog followed by a heavy Heat Wave, 4th Day started the same 8,9 Rad and up to 88°C I write in the Tutorial Thread with some suggestions too...

Where the hell is her Escape Pod?:) Did she find a shopping Mall on the way down here or what?:D

15. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Rear Admiral

Hard settings on arid planet doesn't sound like something a noob should be playing. Just saying. :eek: If one does, should expect to die. A lot. There needs to be settings that give some challenge to those "people who know how to play", so honestly I think if arid/hard is "not too bad", then maybe it should be made harder.

I'm not trying to say "make game overall harder", just that the scale should include options that really are tough even for experienced players - as well as those that are comfortable to start up for any new and/or casual player.

I remember back in... was it A7 or A8, when we had that time when some bug somehow multiplied all spawns on a planet to insane amounts. I was playing snow planet start at the time, with everything set to hard... was freezing all the time, running from hordes.. hiding inside water to warm up.. took me hours just to get some basic ore mined - and I was having a blast with it. -NOT- something I'd want to play every time, and absolutely not something to put in as default... but would be nice to have it available on the upper end of the scale.

Related to this, about the base attacks and turrets - perhaps it could be set so that "easy" base attack setting would trigger attacks only some time after base has turret and is powered... "normal" would trigger it with some delay after base has been powered.. and "hard" would have the enemy actively patrol for PC presence (all this depending on faction setting.. f.ex. on hard setting they might attack even on neutral standing, on normal setting when unfriendly, and on easy only when hostile?)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
    iClustaFlux, Andreykl and Germanicus like this.
  16. Furious Hellfire

During my brief test today for the sake of my hv for alpha 9 I did find some obvious bugs, these are most likely some of the rough edges eleon mentioned at the start of 9 exp, I will drop them here anyway.

sp survival new game today's version

- invisible confetti moss scrapings

- 1 particular distant deco vanishes as it gets closer, for obvious reasons it is hard to identify this object XD

- multi tool retrieve object on hv returns deco objects instead of cargo boxes

- during 2 instances in 10 minutes I placed a large hover thruster, it never appeared until I placed another nearby.

- there is certainly a nasty fps glitch, down to 17 fps on a small boat in the middle of empty water which i have 60 on alpha 8.

17. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Hover Thrusters aren't intended to be used over water you will need to use Hover Engines instead.

18. Christianholmes

Christianholmes Captain

> Adapted drone base attack on starter planets: only after placing turret (not when base gets powered)

The change I didn't know I wanted. This is great. Can you now make drones attack the starter wreckage and stuff I take over?

19. Furious Hellfire

sorry buddy i have used the wrong terminology, I am using hover engines, not the green hover thrusters.
    I never used those green ones for my boats, i am using in particular also the large hover engine, what i mean is they seem to have lost 1 block of clearance in water at least.

20. Druckwelle

Druckwelle Ensign

In my game 9.02 i get no drone attacks to my base. It has a turret AND it is powered. Nothing. I have to admit this was already the case in my former game i started with 8.5. Normal settings. No idea why.

Welderold likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.