Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 9.0 - Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Dec 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator
    Staff Member

2. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Just to concur with what others are saying. My FPS starts to dip into the 50's after about 10-15 minutes of play time. It'll then start to dip into the 30's frequently, before holding in the low 30's - I save/reload at that point as it's really uncomfortable to try to play. Plus of course, aiming at moving targets is rubbish at those sort of frame rates.

Scoob.

3. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

4. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    The FPS drop being reported & healing items not working properly have been logged & will be looked into asap.

Cluascorp, TK85, Germanicus and 2 others like this.
  5. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Cool. Ok, I'll not submit an additional report then. I did start this game last night, so before today's update, and noticed no such slow-downs, so it appears to be a new issue. Game really was playing flawlessly last night.

Scoob.

6. Mindkiller

Mindkiller Lieutenant

Adding the arid planet back to the starting locations definitely a good call eleon. As far as the logistics is concerned i feel it might be plausible
    that items like constructor and generator for example could be "packaged" to save space until they are placed. This way the volumes could be reduced on the devices.
    The concept of the logistics works fine i think just takes some getting used to.
    Love the new faction system. only need a lil more tweeking wich we will see in the future i am sure. So very good job guys.

Just on a side note:
    I kind of get the feeling the conversations in the this forum are going a bit overboard lately. In my humble opinion everybody needs
    to chill out. We all love this game or we would not post here. I understand there is passion involved so i understand anybody getting
    upset. But making fun of people or being sarcastic about their posts is NOT tolerable in our little empyrion community.

7. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

more block shapes please.
    and deco for buildings!

8. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I wish some of the new deco parts were usable on BA.

9. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I haven't been able to figure that out yet.

10. Dawg711

Dawg711 Lieutenant

So I am with many others on the nerf of drones attacking bases. Why is it that a few complain that they come too fast and instead of tying it to difficulty you nerf it back altogether? As others have said now you can avoid the whole thing by never adding a single turret. So why not remove the feature? On servers this is going to be abused so hard, where what you do in SP does not matter.

To others that think like I do that this nerf is unexceptable speak up be heard and maybe it gets fixed. Someone can make a poll so that people can be heard. Likely can somehow change it in the YAML but come on if this is part of the game why keep nerfing it? I started put a base down even already had turrets on it. Took about 15+ minutes for drones to get to me. First wave there was 2 second wave was 3. I had 2 cannon turrets that made very short work of the drones. They never hit the base at all!!! Surely if people are building by hand then it is a matter of them planning better. Perhaps they need to consider some thing before they start building.

I get this is Early Access and I know many do not share the same playstyle. Still this is a SURVIVAL game at its core and by name. That said I do not see why Eleon keeps feeling the need to nerf the core of their game. Would it not be better to standfast on the core mechanics and help people adapt or even create a difficulty where they can play their way?

"Needs of the FEW should not outweigh the needs of the MANY"

11. Dawg711

Dawg711 Lieutenant

To all that are having FPS drops. I verified my files through Steam and one file failed. Testing now to see if it helps. Also using a pre update save.

12. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I just did the same, no issue found though.

Scoob.

13. Dawg711

Dawg711 Lieutenant

Yeah it found a issue for me but FPS still drops inside of about 20 minutes to the teens. This is with a save from before the newest update. Not planning to start over until I hear it is needed seeing as others have and it did not help.

14. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Hopefully they'll find and fix the issue quickly, it must have been introduced in today's update as - well, for me at least - the game was running beautifully yesterday. It updated this eve and now I only get 10-15 minutes before it becomes unplayable.

Scoob.

15. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

Real shame about this sudden frame drops in latest build - on my semi-mid-range rig Alpha 9 was running in general much more smoother then Alpha 8.7 even if it is still in Unity 2017.

Keep up with good work Eleon ;)

16. stanley bourdon

stanley bourdon Lieutenant

My opinion about drones. If there is a drone base on the planet you are on and your standing with the zirax is less than neutral and you have a base with a powered core, drones should attack. The attacks should scale up over time. The first attack should be delayed by some reasonable amount of time 10-15 minutes plus the flight time of the drones, from the first powering of the core. The reason for the delay is the zirax system that detects your powered core needs the time to find the energy signal, pinpoint the location, and finish final prep for the flight of the drones.

No drones until a turret is placed, just means do not place a turret and do not deal with drone attacks.

17. Dawg711

Dawg711 Lieutenant

Seen a lot of people in here that have said the same thing in different words. Question is are we making enough noise to be heard by Eleon?

18. Steve K.

Steve K. Lieutenant

Having the same FPS drop as the others. Start in the 80's, drop into 60's-50's, then end up in the teens low twenties.

19. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Captain

Yeah, they should have tied the attacks to player level or timed it, like we suggested. We suggested that it be tied to player level 5 because at that point you can build defenses. Instead they made it wait until you actually get the defenses installed.

forbiddenzsky and Pach like this.
  20. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

With the new faction reputation and territory system, Eleon have a golden opportunity to tune hostile faction responses based on said rep, where you're building, what you're doing etc.

I.e. a base in neutral territory half way around the map might not immediately trigger any sort of attacks. Start to militarise though and they'll come after you. Build an unarmed outpost right near their borders though, and they're coming, ready or not!

I do think that a degree of Scouting behaviour from small, fast Drones would add to the game. I.e. you could shoot down a Drone before it sees you, but the AI would investigate what happened to its Drone...perhaps don't hang around. If you've settled down though, be prepared to defend yourself - or make nice! If scouting ever becomes a thing - I hope it does - then we have the whole countermeasure argument to keep yourself hidden, cos that might be fun too.

Personally, if a "friends with everyone" play style were possible, I'd be fine with that. However, my in-game goal would inevitably be to hack everyone off in the extreme while yelling "bring it on!".

Scoob.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.