Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 9.0 - Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Dec 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Exactly like with the old cargo boxes. ;)

2. Rayner_Lute

Rayner_Lute Ensign

Never noticed before))

IronCartographer likes this.
  3. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Ah you are new in the game. It is ok. I forgot to tell you and show you that you can make custom groups also for the containers. Those groups though are not shown in logistics something that is expected. Grouping helps keeping things tidy. Logistics acts like a group for containers, not only of the same ship but for ships in a specific vicinity! I think this is the master idea behind.

Imagine a group of miners with their HVs mining. Those guys have in the group one more player on a CV/SV/HV with lots of cargo and constructors. When their harvest boxes getting filled for example, they use logistics to move the ore to the cargo containers of the cargo/constructors CV/HV/SV of the last player, who starts creating stuff or just creating ingots or haul back to BA to unload cargo.

Mass and Volume are introduced, but except that the new containers can accept 64 stacks of anything, each. Until Mass/Volume is balanced by the developers and accepted by the players, those 64 stacks are the max each container may have.

4. Rayner_Lute

Rayner_Lute Ensign

I'm not new at all, I just never paid attention to it.

Myrmidon likes this.
  5. Dawg711

Dawg711 Lieutenant

I never grouped my boxes I just went into the CP and changed the name as as before A9. Far as I can tell renaming has not changed. Renaming though is helpful with the new system. Also if you rename and blueprint it will stay with the BP. If you assign constructors to boxes that does not see to stay with the BP. Still only a sec to set that up so no biggie.

iClustaFlux likes this.
  6. Pyston

Pyston Captain

Seems to me that if they are reducing textures to reduce load/rendering in the game that they could instead do a balance pass to reduce prop count needed in vessels which should improve performance vastly over lowering the texture resolution.

I currently have 260+ RCS and I am guessing 150 thrusters in an HV. If I could get those down to 4 RCS and a handful of thrusters, the vehicle would be smaller, the performance impact on processing would be smaller, and even with higher res textures with some greeble bits, the overall performance would be drastically increased.

So I agree with you post, I removed my like only because I personally feel that your delivery was a bit harsh and unnecessary.

Jawatraders likes this.
  7. woowoo

woowoo Commander

Could the new vessel deco require steel instead of plastic please?
    I just made a low level vessel, the availability of ressources is important and it looks like it's made of steel, isn't it?

8. runlykhel

runlykhel Captain

Or...just turn off what's not wanted...like other features that came in the past.:cool:

Jawatraders likes this.
  9. runlykhel

runlykhel Captain

This works...sometimes; so does changing between windowed and full screen...sometimes, or other graphical effects...sometimes.
    Only consistent temporary fix is log out to main menu and back in.

They are looking into it so hopefully a fix will show up soon.:)

10. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

You should be worried you do something wrong way before placing over 100 RCSs

Wellingtoon likes this.
  11. Pyston

Pyston Captain

Please elaborate, I am not comprehending your post.

runlykhel and Sasquatch like this.
  12. Gromit

Gromit Captain

Now we have factions, I do hope you're planning on allowing us to completely purge the xeno scum that infest the planets?

Building ships and bases is great and all, but a romp through the galaxy commiting mass genocide on stellaris levels would be a great end goal. Even better if we have flamethrowers to assist us in the great purge.

13. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

That must be a rather massive HV.

Wellingtoon likes this.
  14. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Captain

I think you spelt "perfectly sized" wrong ;)

runlykhel likes this.
  15. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Captain

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Awesome! This will increase replay value.

Nice!

That reminds me: Why is the only thing we can loot from the Escape Pod just 1 or 2 bottles of water? I miss being required to actually retrieve all our equipment from the Escape Pod, rather than starting with it already in our inventory. I think the game feels more immersive that way, as if we really did crash and we actually need to pull stuff out of the Escape Pod's emergency equipment stash.

The way we start with our equipment in our inventory without having to even pull it out of the Escape Pod feels a little demeaning, as if I was too lazy to do that manually.

This sounds interesting. But how are players to know which containers in a faction's POI will impose a reputation loss when opened and which containers are okay to open? Unless they're clearly marked, players are obviously better off not opening any container if they care about reputation.

Instead, wouldn't it make more sense to make all containers password locked, except for the few which the faction does not care about the player opening (and/or taking stuff)?

The Trigger Levels themselves are the problem. Changing the Trigger Level penalty from Unfriendly to Neutral is not a good fix.

Turrets on HVs, CVs and bases are usually controlled by the AI. And if a POI or NPC is nearby, one or more stray bullets/shells/beams are virtually guaranteed to hit them.

For example: Let's say that a pack of hostile raptors are near your HV, which has one or more turrets set to attack them and, further, lets say that you're near a friendly Polaris POI. As you maneuver your HV and as the raptors run around, sooner or later one of them is going to end up in front of the Polaris POI. Some of the rounds may miss the raptor and hit either a block or a Polaris NPC.

Granted, killing a member of a faction should instantly drop the player's standing to Unfriendly or worse. Obviously! But, in my book, that's the the only valid use of a Trigger Level.

What is the point of that chart in post #3 depicting an AttackedMember penalty of -0.3 and a KilledMember penalty of -1000 if both actions will instantly drop relations to Neutral, regardless? The only way that -1000 points is going to make a big difference is if the player continues to kill a bunch of them. The Trigger Level is the real penalty as that's the only part that really, really hurts.

A much better fix, IMO, is to significantly increase the reputation penalties for all actions except KilledMember, which is the only action to keep a Trigger Level and this Trigger Level should be dropping the reputation to Unfriendly.

So, this will lead to POIs where enemies will continue to spawn even after the Core has been destroyed or even replaced? I do not like the sound of this... at all. And, in order to make them even more of a headache, you want these spawners to be disguised so that players won't be able to find them to destroy them? (Why do I get the feeling that Eleon has started to cater to the desires of the "nightmare mode" or hardcore difficulty crowd?)

These look gorgeous! I'm reminded of anime-style starships or mecha. But... I probably won't be using these parts. Why? Because they're merely decorative. They don't do anything besides cost extra resources to build and add extra weight (and, possibly, add more to energy requirement), correct?

However, if these bits and doohickeys actually did something helpful, even something minor, then I'd be tempted to use them. The rectangular parts near the top look like they could be lights. Do they emit light? A couple of these look like thrusters. Do they add anything to thrust? One of them looks like a fuel tank or capacitor. Does it add anything to fuel capacity or energy storage? A couple of them look like antenna. Do they do anything for sensors or enemy detection?

I'm not sure that I like the sound of that. Does this refer to the volume of ores available from mining deposits? Does this refer to the ores and ingots available to purchase from traders? Or, does this refer to loot found in POI containers? The latter does not bother me. But the other two might.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    Grandirus likes this.
  16. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

Well, they probably won't add much mass; the bigger issue is that they'll severely affect turning rates if they expand the bounding box of the ship (since we still don't have a proper moment of inertia calculation).

I believe it's referring to the ore and ingot volume stat, not to the drop rate.

17. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Rear Admiral

I think you got it wrong...
    They are meant to - in effect - be equal to placing an NPC into the POI. When you get close enough to trigger it, it spawns one NPC - and then never again. You never need to deal with the spawner, you shouldn't even know it is there. I guess the only headache is that you can't really know for sure if that NPC came from "real" spawner, so you might suspect there's spawner somewhere.

Being able to spawn that one NPC even after core is taken out, would be intended to further mimic the behavior that the NPC was already there, right from the start (even though it's really just placed there once you're close enough, likely to save CPU resources).

18. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

The static spawners are going to be awesome for immersion. No more talon materializing out of a teleport pad. :D

Sofianinho and Pach like this.
  19. Ourpitsfresh

Ourpitsfresh Ensign

Ok so how does one take a constructor and place it on their new baby brand new base? you build your first constructor inside the portable constructor - but then when it's time to place it - you can't pick up the 5K L constructor, and you can't do the f4 connector thing and use that toolbar. So I guess, give player ability to use the f4 connector tool with the portable constructor is the basic fix?...

20. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Captain

They're already working on linking the logistics to the portable constructor, so that will solve the issue once that's in.

The way you have to do it currently is already have a cargo box on the base (or a nearby vessel) that is capable of holding the large constructor, then link to that cargo with logistics.
    Once linked to that cargo box (and within range of the portable constructor) then simply go back into the portable constructor and drag the large constructor into your virtual hotbar then place it down on the base.

Andreykl likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.