Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 9.0 - Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Dec 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve K.

Steve K. Lieutenant

Yeah, that's what I was thinking also. Must be a pretty good leak, as it wasn't there before the last mini patch. it's a pain to quit and resume game every 15 minutes, but at least you don't have to completely exit the game.

Grandirus likes this.
  2. Grandirus

Grandirus Commander

They will fix this issue very soon.

3. mR_kAt

mR_kAt Captain

Why not have hostile creatures come out at night instead of during the day... that's how it worked on the starter planet in 3.x on Akua. It was simple... you hid and laid low at night with your stockpile of food and resources and ventured out during the day when it was safe. Later as you got more and more equipment, you could tackle the "hostile" night creatures. Spiders used to only come out at THE DAY on Akua until build 7.0 I believe (or around that).

I also enjoyed that certain weapons had lights and some did not. You couldn't venture out at night as you couldn't hit the enemy very well until you upgraded from your t1 pistol. The T1 Assault Rifle was the first gun with a light mounted on it and there was no "shoulder light". If you wanted light, you started off with a useable, "equipable" flashlight, however you could not shoot while using the hand flashlight. I'd like to see a weapon upgrade system that would allow night vision or weapons. Why just everything be on a suit? Why would a suit with no armor or helmet even HAVE a light?

4. Pyston

Pyston Captain

Its really not that large. Just large enough to fit all the turrets in a reasonable layout.
    Its squeezing performance in a full combat steel that makes it tough, and HV's were already hard to build effectively using hardened steel.
    This is why I think there needs to be a balance pass. No reason a vehicle like this should be this ladened with this many RCS and thrusters to give it good performance, all it does is cause drain on computing resources.

The HV is 17ms on the rear, and 10 on the front and sides. Good/reasonable performance but definitely not a rocket.
    231 Thrusters
    260 RCS

You can see my lil guy (dressed in black) standing on the front corner of the HV. I should have changed his suit to white to better see the scale, sorry about that.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Grandirus, malrose1 and Sofianinho like this.
  5. woowoo

woowoo Commander

You need that much thrusters and rcs because you have too much generators, o2 and fuel tanks, too much useless mobile constructors (you will never use all of them). Pay attention to devices weight, diminishing returns on thrusters and if you are aiming for a specific max acceleration when pressing two directions keys you can find it with max a = sqrt( direction1_a² + direction2_a²), almost 20 m/s² with your ship when pressing front + either side. You can increase rcs performances if you keep the vessel base imprint square, center of mass in the middle.

Myrmidon likes this.
  6. Pyston

Pyston Captain

Thanks for your suggestion!
    I removed ALL the constructors (cause who needs them)
    I remove ALL BUT TWO o2 tanks (casue who needs them)
    I removed ALL BUT SIX fuel tanks (cause who needs more than 30 min of fuel)
    I removed 8 RCS to get the performance back to 185 on yaw.
    I removed 2 of the generators and unfortunately now I go into the RED zone on planets with more than 1g of gravity, which reduces my 30 minutes of uptime to practically nothing.

I could not remove any thrusters or I lost the thrust I was aiming for.

OLD Stats
    [​IMG]

NEW (and unimproved stats)
    [​IMG]

Something tells me my choice in constructors, o2 tanks and fuel tanks had little to do with the amount of RCS and Thrusters I need.

7. Ravis

Ravis Commander

The quality of the rcs is pretty well known. You shouldn't have to have 100+ of a device to get it running.

Tempted to make an hv that's nothing but cargo boxes and rcs.:D

Pyston likes this.
  8. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

@woowoo and @Ravis

Some people think that because their vessels look good in the eye they function good too. They have no comprehension whatsoever about mechanics even virtual and simple in principals, like for example in a game like Empyrion. They go all in for more is faster/agile/better, because they do not want or are able to use their minds and do a simple addition, multiplication, subtraction division. Even if you show them the formula. And we are talking about operations that even a 7 year old kid can do.

Then they do not understand why they get so many downvotes on WS and start petitions or customer reports to Valve customer support regarding downvotes. Finally they start threads with long posts whining about downvotes or they remove their creations from WS completely, ending to a corner licking their wounds for some months.

Ego is our worst enemy. If you try to explain to them what they do wrong, they simply do not accept whatever you point to them that is wrong. Such a waste of time to try explain to them.

Jawatraders, Germanicus and debella_d like this.
  9. Ravis

Ravis Commander

Your arguing different things you know. People who build big know the limits, that's why they post to try to get it changed lol.

I have an sv that has 1500 rcs, is it practical? Heck no it has a turn radius of something like .5. I knew full well i would have to take a lunch brake while turning the thing. It doesn't mean I can't wish to remove half of the rcs. :D

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    Pyston likes this.
  10. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

While I don't tend to build large HV's - though I have in the past - it does surprise me that we're yet to gain "T2" RCS's and larger thrusters. The SV seems to be spoilt for thruster choice, despite being lighter by nature due to only having Steel or Hardened Steel available for armoured constructions. Since Combat Steel was allowed for HV's they've been crying out for more thrust and torque. Hopefully one day...just because I hope to see the AI field such a behemoth against me in the future... Pyston's design about would be suitably intimidating.

Scoob.

11. FUE DENIS

FUE DENIS Commander

ces le minimum syndical pour pouvoir démonter un POI ou une base. :)
    [​IMG]
    Ci vous étier des joueurs PVP vous comprendriez nos attente.
    [​IMG]
    Une de mais base PVP (petite) et vulnérable pour des bons joueur PVP.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  12. Javier Rodriguez

Javier Rodriguez Lieutenant

Anyone know about when we might see 9.0 3? Been holding off on playing again till some more of them bugs are squashed, and memory leak fixed.

13. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Next major EXP update should hit tomorrow. *fingers crossed*

rebuilthk47, AlbaN, 123kappa3 and 7 others like this.
  14. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Excellent news. I admit, it's frustrating to test when the FPS keeps taking a nose-dive after 10-15 minutes of play. Glad you guys are on it!

Scoob.

Javier Rodriguez and Grandirus like this.
  15. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Great to hear! Hopefully it fixes the frame rates and the invisible deco. :D

16. 123kappa3

123kappa3 Ensign

:) Can't wait.

17. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

I wish you the best to all who work on Eleon G.S..

18. mR_kAt

mR_kAt Captain

Good luck! I really hope to see some optimization with FPS in certain biomes in the game.

Also... don't forget to allow us to toggle the enemy HP bar, pretty please! :)

Regardless of the changes, I still see Empyrion as a game that has huge potential in it. It's one of my top 10 watched games in pre-alpha development.

19. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    mR_kAt and Germanicus like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.