Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 9.0

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Dec 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    That's new to A9

eLLe likes this.
  2. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Please add ANY feedback on the topic into the Feedback Thread, so we do not loose the input and conversations.

Feedback Threads available for:
    Alpha 9 EXPERIMENTAL - Factions and Faction Standing
    Alpha 9 EXPERIMENTAL - Revised Game Start Tutorial
    Alpha 9 EXPERIMENTAL - Logistics, Virtual Toolbar, Modular Containers
    Alpha 9 EXPERIMENTAL - Leveled Enemies

IronCartographer likes this.
  3. spacefarmer

spacefarmer Captain

Yet another incredible update. I am especially looking forward to the AI and NPC improvements. This will give this game more life than it has ever had. Nice work!

Sofianinho and TK85 like this.
  4. Darth Hippious

ADS finally!!!
    Been waiting for this since 2015...Thank you!

5. Damocles

Damocles Captain

A somewhat competent AI would change the gameplay a lot. Not just POI raids, but also defensive basebuilding.
    It all hinges on the pathfinding to work. The 90 degree alignment of POIs is an indicator, that there is now pathfinding based on the block-grid. Have to test that ...

Sofianinho and spacefarmer like this.
  6. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

Wow you guys have done soo much work lately, I hope you all have a break for xmas ! you deserve it.

also
    Me and my boats are very happy to hear this if it is what it says it is :p

Was a little curious about - Added "Auto-Brake" toggle in Control Panel - and what the purpose was ? the I key is good enough for me and much quicker to press when i am approaching my docks or hangar at max then hit I to activate autobrake just in the nick of time XD

(better would have been a toggle to constantly move forward for players flying in atmosphere or riding on land or water) though such a toggle should deactivate when standing up from the helm,
    at the moment I have to pull out the old flight sim black widow joystick to get cruise control using its linear throttle so that I do not have to hold the W key for 45 minutes when exploring a planet by boat hehe)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    ion_storm likes this.
  7. SergP

SergP Ensign

8. RhodeKill

RhodeKill Commander

Awesome stuff! I'm excited to try out the "Dig out" feature for placing BA's

IronCartographer and spacefarmer like this.
  9. Trig

Trig Captain

What is this new CPU value, and how do we increase it beyond the 7500cpu you get with a core?
    Is there any penalty for going over your vessel's CPU amount?

I'm noticing that all generators, thrusters, new cargo containers, weapons, turrets, etc. have a CPU requirement (Although many of these things' tooltip does not have the CPU requirement listed). Without a way to increase the CPU provided, many larger / device-heavy craft are going to be way over the default 7500.

10. Robot Shark

Robot Shark Rear Admiral

That's a long change log, and many of those fixes have been a long time in coming, it's nice to see they have finally been done.
    One thing that has always impressed me with Empyrion has been it's aggressive development cycle.

I do not think this is said very often, but I wanted to say thank you to the devs and community that makes this game possible.

Time to test.

TK85 and Germanicus like this.
  11. Bigfeet

Bigfeet Captain

So are we having NPC factions massive attacking player bases now ?
    Not clear to me ...

12. catalina

catalina Commander

umm.......... yeah

13. spacefarmer

spacefarmer Captain

It will be interesting to see how the NPC factions can be developed. More than just a good guy vs bad guy, maybe the Polaris company can be kind of in the middle, antagonistic towards the natives, but also to the zirax. So you are forced to choose the less of two evils. Or maybe the natives are the real good guys here. It will be interesting to see.

14. Damocles

Damocles Captain

Would be good, if there are NPC factories, that can be detroyed.
    Such that settling on a planet can only work once their economy is sufficiently reduced -> else they can attack much more frequent.
    (given that those attacks actually cause trouble for the player)
    With this setup, the player has to first grind down the NPC faction, before the planet can serve as a new base.

Sofianinho and IronCartographer like this.
  15. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Rear Admiral

Overall nice changes, glad to see the mass/volume making it's way into game. NPC factions can get interesting too.

Admin helper still has the same bug:
    notfound.jpg
    On the config/tool page, I have set "dedicated.yaml filename into "dedicatedCustom.yaml", which was found on dropdown menu. However when I try to open the config/server page, I get the pop-up shown on top - "Dedicated.yaml could not be found". This even though there's actually a "dedicated.yaml" on the directory too.

16. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

If this is topic for general feedback my first two!

- new 'flying' with autobrake off is GREAT! It is not like 'real flying' but now things are going to right direction, low-level flight feels better then before and we can go lot faster in dive or down the hills!

- new boarding ramps are also great addition - BUT - (just like you did with first iteration of modular wing) their armor value is just too low! They can not be only 200 points as doors, they need to have armor on level with Hangar Door. Smallest cover 3 blocks, largest 3x3 blocks - and all is 200. Make them at least 1000p or 1500p ;)

(and landing gear selection with new models - very cool :cool:)

17. Maverick241

Maverick241 Captain

The Boarding Ramps are great, but please remove the forcefield. It greatly restricts creativity, and anyone who wants a force field can do so separately.

Sasquatch likes this.
  18. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    this might help: http://empyriongame.com/factions/

(We will introduce the background of the factions in more detail INGAME from now on ;)

Sofianinho and Germanicus like this.
  19. Ravis

Ravis Commander

I believe the idea is from a thread in the suggestion area (or at least loosly based on) could be wrong though.

20. Christianholmes

Christianholmes Captain

Just played for a while. So far so good. Ran into some invisible walls on my motorbike.

But a HUGE thanks for increasing spawning and making critters more aggressive. Actually have a reason to build walls on my base now. Def feels more survival than before. I got attacked by spiders right out of the pod! That was great. I've literally NEVER used the defense mode on the survival tool before!

Sofianinho likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.