Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 9.0

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Dec 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catalina

catalina Commander

FYI for all those that want to use the new modular cargo, its a cargo EXTENSION NOT Cargo Expansion

2. catalina

catalina Commander

oh you didn't see it lol. read the quote

3. paxxo1985

paxxo1985 Lieutenant

Honestly cargo box stuff seems to be too much difficult to use. I have more than 3k hours on empyrion. The game is going into a wrong direction.
    If is already difficult for veterans imagine for newbies. They will trash the game asap

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    Andreykl and SoCalExile like this.
  4. spacefarmer

spacefarmer Captain

It seems to be making it simpler, not more complex. Not sure where you're getting the idea that it is making things more difficult

iClustaFlux and Sofianinho like this.
  5. paxxo1985

paxxo1985 Lieutenant

Have you tried it? Because i have tried it and is not intuitive at all.
    The BASIC stuff need to be basic. How you suppose that a newbie learn to put input cargobox, output cargobox constructor. They will not produce a single block and make a steam refund.
    Now to produce something seems like setting up a circuit for sensor. Make it optional, like an advanced menu. NOT LIKE NOW.
    Probably Eleon is listening some kind of nerd that is all the day here on forum and producing the game for him alone.
    Give us a better netcode, new blocks, new weapons, new shields. Is this what people want not weight, constructor pro mode etc.

Kasero and SoCalExile like this.
  6. Damocles

Damocles Captain

This is great! The NPC actually do have a somewhat capable pathfinding now. Tested it in a village, getting chased around by the natives.
    A drone joined, and also aligned itself quite well to find me between the buildings.
    The Zirax could even use elevators and doors! Scary stuff.

Very nice addition to the game.

People will realise later how important that functionality is to the gameplay. It offers a lot more variety in POI design (how to make traversing it challenging), how to aproach missions, and faction warfare.
    Also ground troupes could now actually be a viable threat to your base.

A side effect: a lot of the POIs probably need to be redesigned. Many of the turrets and spawn-points are not really needed anymore to make the POI challenging, as the NPCs can now actually chase the player around. (wich is way more engaging than static defenses). Also the balancing should adjust (melee distance of critters, and general weapon damage) to the new NPC capabilities.

NPCs should also have some random side-stepping to make shooting them when approaching harder.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  7. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

The CPU system is not active yet, so the values are irrelevant for the moment. Presumably devices that add additional CPU will be included before the system is turned on for real.

8. Cleff

Cleff Captain

I don't see a specific feedback spot for this so here I go. I don't see any generalized feedback thread for experimental 9.0.

With regards to new weapon models.
    • The "Red dot sights" are much too dark/tinted. It makes it more difficult to see and accurately shoot at the target by aiming through the sights.
    • Some sights still have a + crosshair in the middle when it should really have a holographic dot or something more immersive/realistic.
    • Sound effects are still horrible on most weapons (should be fixed in time though)
    • Animations are still horrible (same as above)
    • Models are improving! But some still need help (same as above)
    • I hold the pistols with 2 hands in 3rd person, but only 1 handed in first person? No wonder the recoil looks so uncontrolled.
    • It's hard to tell, but it seems that recoil is managed better when aiming down the sights as opposed to hip firing. This was difficult to notice, if it's even an element in the game yet, but it should be even more exaggerated IMO. Make hip firing even more inaccurate. ADS is accurate enough as is.
    • Reload glitch is still present where you reload the weapon and hold RMB to aim down sights resulted in a slanted view.
    Render distance of enemies is still an extremely bad issue. Local fauna/"Aliens" will pop in at 100-110m distance when my sniper rifle on the starting planet can fire at an effective range of 167m. What? How does this make any sense with regards to gameplay? Not to mention the absurdity of enemy Zirax popping in and out while trying to do strafing runs on them with a SV.

Overall changes to the weapons is very welcome and has improved the first-person shooter experience for me. They feel much better and aiming down sights has helped a lot with it. I'm sure it'll only keep getting better from here.

If I have any other specific feedback I'll try to include it in the appropriate threads if it falls under that category.

Spirit_OK, iClustaFlux, TK85 and 2 others like this.
  9. ion_storm

ion_storm Captain

If those "Filler Blocks" are what I think, can we get a water variant to fill up pools?

Spirit_OK, iClustaFlux and Zeronox like this.
  10. Westworld

Westworld Commander

This looks like it should be pretty interesting, lots of new goodies to check out. Thanks Eleon ! :cool:

11. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

Yes, it'd be nice to know exactly how much recoil is reduced when aiming (some fixed percentage, I'm guessing), and it'd be even better if it could be set independently for each weapon.

It's also very nice in general to have proper recoil; now bullet spread can be properly used to set the pattern produced by a perfectly stabilized weapon, meaning sniper rifles will finally feel right (high intrinsic accuracy (low bullet spread) but extremely high recoil (making follow-up shots more difficult)).

Sofianinho, Inappropriate and Cleff like this.
  12. Quarior

Quarior Lieutenant

Nice work.
    Question : Is possible to create scenario with random system instead use Sectors.yaml and/or on the map solar system change the scale ?

13. Zuleica

Zuleica Rear Admiral

Disagree, please don't remove the forcefield. Or, have two varieties.

14. FRAGaLOT

FRAGaLOT Captain

whoa.. though i might pass on the experimental for now until a stable branch is out, but A9 sure is a game changer

D00mnoodle and spacefarmer like this.
  15. Silver

Silver Ensign

thank u , and great job like always <3
    cheers.

16. grg3d

grg3d Lieutenant

To the Devs… are the teleporters ever going to work again?

17. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator
    Staff Member

Told you so :) it's awesome isn't it...

18. Andreykl

Andreykl Commander

I don't agree that it is going in wrong direction (at least not entirely, I don't like wireles transfer:) ), but I do agree that initial BA building became over-complicated (or seems to be). Constructor takes five times the space of player's inventory, so without use of BPs the only way to place BA constructor is to build an cargo HV first, made out of extenders. And that means that you will have to have lvl 7 at minimum. That's one large learning curve and restriction...

Upd: actually you can also place single BA container and transfer constructor to it, but so there is no lvl requirement, still it is longer learning curve.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    iClustaFlux, xmacleod and Cleff like this.
  19. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

So why do you play other stuff then instead of ONLY EGS? ;):D

20. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator
    Staff Member

To not burn out :p my "egs playtime" include testing etc so sometimes a break is needed to not make it feel like work

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.