Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 9.0

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Dec 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeronox

Zeronox Ensign

Teleport.jpg Good job! The game has become even better! But here there is a minus, you have no way to move objects!
    For realists, it does not seem right when objects move through the air! You should finish the project moving in the correct understanding of the meaning! How this so the subject has moved is not noticeable! :eek:

The game is fantastic, it is possible to create a teleportation of objects.
    For this you need a teleport for the ship and a large teleport for the stations associated with the containers. ;)

JTurbo likes this.
  2. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

Remember that all the mass and volume values are currently wrong/inconsistent, so that will probably not remain the case.

3. RadElert_007

RadElert_007 Commander

4. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Rear Admiral

Config.ecf should probably increase version from 2, given that mass is now type float - using a line such as:

Mass: 400, type: int, display: true, formatter: Kilogram

with the old int type on mass, will totally breakthings (EmpyrionDedicated.exe goes into infinite loop of loading playfields that keep crashing - and fails to even shut down).

geostar1024 likes this.
  5. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

The whole Volume / weight stuff is, as in RL, something that can drive you crazy:mad:.
    Take a Truck: it may take about 50m³ of Volume but only 36 tons of weight...means 50m³ of Bubble foliage weighs about 500kg or 36 tons of wrought Iron that covers only a 3rd of the Volume...

agentoscar and spacefarmer like this.
  6. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Rear Admiral

Given that the whole tech tree is up for a rework, I'd say so. Honestly I think building a cargo HV as a first project seems the right way to go for me, so at this point just dropping level restrictions from necessary components (such as extenders) would seem like the best quick way to patch things up.

7. IronCartographer

Accessibility is always a concern. If you have suggestions on how to make things more intuitive, by all means, contribute those.

However: Logistics and automation will make the game far more enjoyable for those who take the time to set them up. Imagine being able to program your BA/CV to keep a desired amount of ammo and general supplies produced at all times.

I share your concern about the impact of weight and volume on gameplay insofar as it forces the use of these advanced systems. We'll see how it ends up... :)

Spirit_OK, iClustaFlux, TK85 and 2 others like this.
  8. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Rear Admiral

..actually now that I've taken a look at the tech tree, and it's level restrictions.. I'm not sure there's really a problem. The whole mass-volume stuff means you -need- to build the HV first before you can start building a base in any reasonable way (carry all the materials needed). At level 5 you can make mobile constructor to HV, plus all the cargo stuff in the HV. You can use those to create any basic needs into the base - and I think at that point it's natural to have a HV with enough capacity to build any necessities.

If there is an issue, I think it's the fact that the base constructor is set to level 1 - moving it up to level 5 would make more sense. I'm sure there's other tweaks needed in the levels and other restrictions here and there, but the basic start right now would probably be..

- portable constructor
    - basic HV
    - HV with cargo controller and extensions (lvl 5)

at this point you'd have explored around a bit, found the basic resources needed etc, and can decide where to build first base

- base, with constcutor (lvl 5)
    - base with cargo controller and extensions (lvl 7)

I don't think it's unreasonable in current game to expect level 5 before you can make first base, and level 7 before fully functional logistics on that base. It seems the requirements for first SV are at level 7 too, so it seems reasonable to wait until level 7 at minimum before building a larger base so you can first build a scout SV.

iClustaFlux and TK85 like this.
  9. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

On the other hand, terrain-placeable containers that could be linked to the portable constructor could allow for base-building as well (not to mention that sort of system would facilitate making the blueprint factory physical). Having multiple ways to accomplish setting up a base would be very nice.

Wellingtoon and Cleff like this.
  10. Cleff

Cleff Captain

I'm more in support of a system like this than the HV-first approach as I see it to be more logical of a progression to have to build a small construction platform or "garage" to enable the complex crafting of a HV. Though as a sandbox I still think we should be allowed to follow whatever build-progression we like, within reason, but perhaps it would just be a little easier to do it the logical way. Then those people that want more of a challenge can intentionally mess with the logical flow of build progression and still accomplish their goals. Like building a SV first then straight to a CV.

Dunno if that makes sense, I should really be asleep right now. Darn you Empyrion and your updates.

11. HaidenFR

HaidenFR Ensign

Hope that the gameplay from the gunfights (on foot) will one day be as smooth as a Rust / Call of duty. With the animations with it. Taking out a gun a little on the side. Moving back the gun "striker" (?) with the thumb and pointing the gun straight. Firing. No more ammo. Gun on the side "opened" Put clip. Gun closed. Maybe if you fire a lot. If you stop and do nothing you breath the smoke on the canon.

Things like that for all the weapons. It gives life. That and a smooth moving.

(Sorry I'm not English)

12. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Ask me:eek::D

13. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Rear Admiral

Actually portable constructor can make all the needed BA components, and there's nothing keeping you building a core, placing it, plopping down a portable constructor next to it.. and building a small cargo container (8000 l capacity) and base constructor - transfering it into the small container, and then placing it from there to the base.

14. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

I think the problem is that you can't actually get the Large Constructor out of the portable constructor (well, you can pick it up, but will immediately have to drop it). I guess you could do just that: build a core, build a small cargo container, then build a large constructor, drop it, connect to the small cargo container, pick up the large constructor, and then finally place it. The portable constructor needs something (whether it's terrain-placeable containers for the player to connect to or something else) to make the process of getting a large constructor set up to be less of a pain.

TK85 and Wellingtoon like this.
  15. Runeshadow

Runeshadow Captain

What happened to the creative mode planet? It is very flat and boring now. It doesn't even have a name. I remember the old setting for a more simple planet, is this it? I never tried it. Building BPs and taking cool screenshots will be much harder if I have to set up an SP game just for that.. Can this be set back to an option?

16. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

New landing gears ARE AWESOME. New Ramp AWESOME. New NPC faction system is Amazing and fun!! The new LEVEL NPCs is exactly what this game needs.

You Devs are Aamazing BUT Can I offer an honest opinion? The new logistics and weight system may need to be a option in the option menu that is off by default so that players who enjoy hardcore survival can turn it on. I feel like that one aspect will annoy casual gamers. Logistics systems and other attempt at "realism" are the reasons why a lot of people Abandon Space Engineers and even Planet Nomads to play Empyrion because Empyrion was more about Entertainment than 100% realism. Sometimes in the attempt to create "realism" you take the fun out of a game for casual gamers. I agree Weight and logistics are great for hard core survival gamers but after dealing with logistic systems in Space Engineers and Planet nomads it slows the game down entirely too much and over complicates the game for people who just want a little survival experience but nothing like 7 days to die or Rift. Also I believe the WIFI aspect of logistics need to be a End game level 25 device and early game logistics should be done by a connector blocks that you have connect to your ship or your container in order to move inventory from one location to another. The only fun part about logistics to me was having physically build connectors between the containers and ships or construction devices.
    Other than that. I LOVE WHAT I SEE SO FAR!!!!

Kasero, Zeronox, rainyday and 3 others like this.
  17. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Rear Admiral

--edit--
    scratch that... apparently the linking doesn't work quite as smoothly as I'd hoped. So yeah.. probably you'd need to drop it?

I think it's actually a bug. When you link into BA container, you can move stuff from that container into your (new) hotbar, and it remains counting against the volume of that container. However if you remain linked to the BA container, and open portable constructor, you can't move a BA constructor from the portable constructor into your (BA-linked) hotbar - which I think you -should- be able to do. I don't know if there is any "correct" version to take that BA constructor out from the portable constructor - but as you say, you -can- pick it to cursor and close the portable constructor to drop it.. and then pick it from the ground -while linked to BA container-, so you pick it up straight into the BA container.

I also couldn't place the BA constructor into my (linked) hotbar even from the BA container, so I'm not sure how exactly you're supposed to be able to place it in any case.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  18. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Rear Admiral

I'm getting kicked out of game if I try to take out fuel from HV's tank. Does this happen to someone else, or is it just me? (I do have a few modified things on config file so there's always a possibility they cause some problems). Client log is showing:

Code:
    [Instancing] Init Thread

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

06-05:28:27.795 07_28 -LOG- Weather: RainMedium
    06-05:28:45.519 07_28 -ERR- Task_CommWriterRPC (ch=0):
    06-05:28:45.520 07_28 -EXC- System.InvalidOperationException: Nullable object must have a value.
      at System.Nullable`1[Assembly-CSharp.ReferenceTableActionCollection].get_Value () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Assembly-CSharp.ConfigResolver.NavigateOutline (System.IO.BinaryWriter ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Assembly-CSharp.OutlineConverter.DisposeMemory (AspectTokenActionCollection ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    06-05:28:45.557 07_28 -LOG- Got disconnected from server: Disconnected
    06-05:28:45.558 07_28 -LOG- Steam: CancelAuthTicket 5, disconnect reason: Disconnected
    06-05:28:45.563 07_28 -LOG- Playfield saving and cleaning up
    [Instancing] Clear scene

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)
    -- edit --
    it seems this happens when you try to pull out fuel directly from control panel, "the old way". When going through logistics screen and setting cargo left and "function container" fuel right, it's possible to pull out fuel without issues.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  19. VISION305

VISION305 Captain

I will try it out but generally speaking I am a fan of more realistic battles rather than the arcade type fighting. Imo these changes aim at having more arcade type fights.

For a long time I have wanted to see longer range assault weapons that we could use on foot to fight against base defenses. I have also wanted to see combat from further away. Maybe not 100% realism but leaning more towards the "Science" than the "Fiction". I dont speak for anyone else but I feel that many people feel the same and perhaps it would be worth investigating the opinions of the community when it comes to combat.

Thanks for the amazing update and yes I did vote for you guys obviously.

Zeronox, Cleff, mR_kAt and 1 other person like this.
  20. agentoscar

agentoscar Ensign

I do think A9 is nice, but having the ability to earn reputation with the different factions messes everything about the backstory, the descriptions
    you gave with the factions,everything, I mean I want to shoot Talon guardians, but not lose rep with their entire faction and then have a chat
    with a zirax rocket troop:D.And I think that you should carry on the Robinson protocol "episodes" that you did for A8 or a tutorial like you did
    for A7, because it is the story that makes it even more interesting for people like me,but apart from that, I LOVE! A9, please add more good stuff!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.