Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 9.0

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Dec 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    I just checked the Config file delivered with A9 and it already has the float values set. Of course your own Config file will not be updated automatically.

2. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    I tried this for BA and HV and did not get a CoQ. Are you using a custom config? Does this only happen for HVs?

3. mR_kAt

mR_kAt Captain

"Leveled NPCs" Are you talking about monsters and AI? If this is the case will the game act like a MMORPG where if you are lower level than a higher level NPC, you do less damage to them?

If this is the case, this is the end of Empyrion as we know it. It will no longer be a survival/PvE shooter game but a RPG. That will be the final straw and would force me to uninstall the game, period.

SoCalExile and Cluascorp like this.
  4. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

It's merely a multiplier on the health and damage of NPCs and turrets.

spacefarmer and Sofianinho like this.
  5. mR_kAt

mR_kAt Captain

Can the levels on the HUD be disabled? I can't aim correctly with them on and it ruins immersion. I like to be surprised by an enemy that could be "higher" level than I and not know it.

For the love of God, how hard is it to toggle the HP bar on the enemies (and their level) ON and OFF. I hate the clutter and it distracts from everything. It also makes me look at creatures, NPCs as just numbers and not at something that could have a personality in the future.

Please let us adjust this, either through a craftable visor or just a toggle on the game settings. I will not review nor play the newer version of the game until there is an option to do so. It is THAT annoying to myself and my colleges.

I am happy with 3.x for now (if I want just have some fun and not work on reviews) until this entire mess is sorted out.

You have some great ideas in this build like mass for objects, etc, but little things like the annoying HP bar is starting to become one of many detractors from that game that when combined, just eclipse any progress you have made in other areas.

6. agentoscar

agentoscar Ensign

Could we also have an option to disable volume if we wish to,I also don't like the complicated constructor thingy either, I liked that part the way it was.

7. agentoscar

agentoscar Ensign

I agree, I definitely think they should have it as an option, not as default.

8. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

Inventory mass and volume are off by default right now anyway.

The logistics interface is definitely a change from the way inventories were handled before, but it enables more advanced inventory operations, like chaining constructors (using one container as the output of one constructor and the input of another), remote access, and direct transfers between structures (bypassing the player's inventory entirely).

mR_kAt likes this.
  9. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    I am pretty sure the devs will add this as a game-start option in the future.

10. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Being able to hide the HP (and level) bars of enemies has been such a common request, that I'd be surprised if they don't add it in as an option. Others have suggested requiring a scanner or suit upgrade of some kind to show it.

11. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Did you think you could slip in a test Ocean planet without us noticing? :D :D :D

12. SceptreX42

SceptreX42 Lieutenant

Does this only refer to plants in growing plots? I can't imagine a faction would know/care if you harvested plants growing in the wild.

So no more spinning drones when you shoot them? Awesome!

Looks like a lot of interesting new features. Can't wait to try them out.

13. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Plugging Plants in Faction Territory counts here, or digging for ore and such.

14. Andreykl

Andreykl Commander

+1 I said it is too much 'magic' in feedback thread an suggested couple ways to use drones instead. IE you don't place stuff personally - you sit in base's chair and control construction drone, drone places the stuff from base's invetory. Since drone was 'loaded' at base, it is no longer magic.
    Time to train your 'silent' assasination skills) But Talon are psionics, they still will know that you took one of their own!
    +1, but that probably not for unity...

Zeronox likes this.
  15. polochom

polochom Lieutenant

Sorry guys. I will return only with a flight model revamp. Huge capital ships with exceptional acceleration .... nop.

16. agentoscar

agentoscar Ensign

test ocean planet!? oh please, please tell me where it is!

Andreykl likes this.
  17. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

It's a scenario in the scenario folder. I assume it's in an unfinished state and that's why it wasn't mentioned and it's hidden from the game start menu. Browsing through the playfield files for it though it looks impressive. I haven't loaded it up in-game yet though. It really looks like they're going all out on this one. Over 2,000 lines in each playfield_static and playfield_dynamic file. It even has new POIs not in the prefab folder yet!

I'm not going to load it up until it's finished but I assume if you want to try it out, you could just remove the ".hide.txt" file from the folder and then load it up in-game.

Andreykl, spacefarmer and Sofianinho like this.
  18. IronCartographer

I agree with the first part here, and would argue that it is the reason why the second part exists. The virtual inventory access has been a very convenient and appreciated feature for many people, now gaining an in-universe mechanic to justify its matter exchange behavior.

I disagree with the notion that connectors are necessary for fun. Imagine designing a mining HV to intelligently store ore in a box, and then actively push it to a BA or CV when in range or docked. Finally a set-and-forget system to end the constant shift-clicking and manual sorting of inventories!

Keeping things organized and supplies crafted was a real chore that never ended (especially for large PvP factions). Once automation is added on top of the logistics system it will free up people for the much more dynamic gameplay on offer--after they build themselves a properly designed assembly system first. ;)

banksman45 and Sofianinho like this.
  19. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Entertainment and automation are not mutually exclusive. Finding the proper balance is just a matter of trying it out and giving your feedback so the devs can balance it.

20. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I just have to say, even though it's still a work in progress and it's still missing some functionality, thank you devs for working on a route planning system! Some scenarios can have a hundred or more planets in a randomly generated scenario and navigating them can be a pain. If this new route tool makes it easier to travel from point A to point B then it will remove a lot of the tedium of navigating larger scenarios and randomly generated maps.

Thank you.

IronCartographer and Germanicus like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.