Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 9.0

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Dec 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robchatc35

robchatc35 Commander

Hating the new logistics already. Standing next to a constructor and can't put anything in it ? more than 2.5k hours in this game and i feel like i don't even know the game anymore.

Kasero, Stuart, Runeshadow and 2 others like this.
  2. Andreykl

Andreykl Commander

I really hope those lock icons are temporary... they don't make sense.

3. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I believe it was @Hummel-o-War who pointed out that it would be Best to think of the game as like you never played it before so we go more open minded into the Test phase instead of Veterans.

4. grg3d

grg3d Lieutenant

So I tried it out....and played it on hard mode...seems like the spiders come out in the first few hours of game time (before level 3) and now they can climb up rocks and high points to get at [email protected] are they(the dev's) going to make the portals active ever again?

Runeshadow likes this.
  5. FUE DENIS

FUE DENIS Commander

Rebalancing:
    - Rebalanced all turrets and mounted weapons against entities > now they inflict lower damage on entities (eg turret against drones / players / NPC)
    >>> FEEDBACK required
    - AtmoDensity has stronger effect on weapon range => all weapons have now a lower range on planets
    >>> FEEDBACK required: idea is to have closer combat on planets
    - Weapon rebalancing: turret rocket HV now uses other ammo (lower damage)
    - Reduced HomingSpeed of Turret Rockets

Prochaine étape on attaque les bases et les POI avec des arc et des flèches!!!! :rolleyes:

ou avec des:
    [​IMG]

6. D00mnoodle

D00mnoodle Lieutenant

So as long as mass/volume (when it eventually gets added) will be optional, this update might be the best one so far. I just love the way you implemented logistics and factions. Only thing i'm less excited about are the LVL's since it feels very RPG-like, but it's not gamebreaking to me. Also the improved AI and gunplay seems very nice! So all around just a pure gameplay update that changes how you play the game fundamentaly. Gj eleon

spacefarmer likes this.
  7. xerxes86

xerxes86 Ensign

Logistics is unworkable. You can build a large constructor in the portable constructor, but you have no way of using it, since you can't take it out of the constructor. The same with the generator. The best thing they can do for logistics, is to put in a quick way to commit suicide.

Germanicus and spacefarmer like this.
  8. Booyaah

Booyaah Captain

You need to allow Zirax/Mech Bots to climb elevators or even jetpack up if the elevator is destroyed.

9. Booyaah

Booyaah Captain

So the real question I want to know is, if I need to store 100k iron 100k sath ore and let's say 20k of all the other resources to build a CV, how many cargo boxes would I need?

Normally I like to insta-build large CVs on MP servers, so I use the time reduction from components to do this since the time reduction per ingot is so good. I normally load 3-5 stacks of iron ore into each of like 20+ constructors and just queue up mass mechanical components. I wait some time, and each constructor fills up with 10 stacks of 999 mech components and I clear out the output from all 20 constructors then shift click to mass dump all the mech components into the BP factory for the time reduction.

I normally end up making like 4 extra cargo boxes extra worth and store them in a mule SV so I have BP time reduction materials on hand when I need to make new SVs/HVs/BAs or whatever in the future. I assume this means we can no longer use SVs to store anything of significant mass (like ingots/ammo)? Need to use hauler CVs to move mass quantities now?

10. Damocles

Damocles Captain

All of the new inventory limits also makes it necessary to NOT allow the blueprint factory to serve as a cheap free inventory...

Sofianinho and spacefarmer like this.
  11. Andreykl

Andreykl Commander

You still can create massive SVs with massive cargo capacity, but capacity of SV is now proportionate to size.
    P.S. I suspect attachable/dockable 'SV-containers' might become popular now.

12. spacefarmer

spacefarmer Captain

It is experimental/unstable. Put this info in the feedback thread!

Albert and Germanicus like this.
  13. xerxes86

xerxes86 Ensign

That ship has sailed a long time ago.

14. xerxes86

xerxes86 Ensign

It would nice to get a logistics system that actually worked first. By that I mean, the same way every time, all the time.

15. spacefarmer

spacefarmer Captain

How so? This thread is active, your feedback is exactly what they're looking for.

Germanicus likes this.
  16. xerxes86

xerxes86 Ensign

No, no it's not. You have mistaken me for someone else. They are not looking for my feedback. Been down that road. What I can do though, is post a YT video showing exactly how this works. (or better said, doesn't work) That is what I am going to do.

17. spacefarmer

spacefarmer Captain

Shouting into the void is not a productive approach to improving an alpha game that is actively seeking feedback, but suit yourself, whatever you wanna do.

Sofianinho and D00mnoodle like this.
  18. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    There is a reason why volume is not yet activated. ;)

19. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

20. jadefalcon

jadefalcon Captain

But id still like some shrubberies and a drinks globe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.