Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 9.1

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Jan 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Javarox87

Javarox87 Commander

Explored the re-balancing of the ores, ingots, and devices. I am really liking what I've seen. Collecting materials from an auto-miner with a modest SV/HV is possible. The fusion cells do seem very heavy still in high quantities, but fair. I can see players paying more attention to organizing their items into types that fit together when made in a constructor. Looks like we will be trying out volume/weight in 9.1 on Transcendence.

@Andre Merrick - Check your playfield.yaml's in your save. Look for "LandClaimZone: Device"

This is the excerpt found in the example planet located in contents/playfields:

# LandClaimZone: Default # Use gamesettings.yaml to setup detailed values for either using AntiGriefDistancePvE and/or AntiGriefDistancePvP
    # LandClaimZone: Device # IF either one or both AntiGriefDistancePvE and AntiGriefDistancePvP are activated in gamesettings.yaml, Antigrief-Zones will only exist for structures that have a Landclaim Device
    # LandClaimZone: Off # This negates the settings made for both AntiGriefDistancePvE and AntiGriefDistancePvP in the gamesettings.yaml by setting all AntiGriefZones to OFF for this playfield only.

Andre Merrick likes this.
  2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Update: January 7, 2019 (Build 2132)

Changes:
    - Improvement of Title Menu layout. Hover over Start Game provides options for Single Player or Co-op
    - Added new default texture for ContainerExtensions + added another texture
    - Added new stock prefab CV - thanks to jrandall (https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1616773314)
    - Cleanup of stock prefabs
    - Changed: markers in ControlPanel for blocks are now positioned inside the blocks
    - Adjusted core type for mode interface
    - Updated preview icons for Temperate and Arid planet
    - Removed flare from torch and firepit
    - Updated mission POI (SV_TOPWreckage)

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Food processor input & output not maintained in BP's
    - Fixed: Radiated biome deco appearing & disappearing as you go past it
    - Fixed: Issue with billboards
    - Fixed: Issue with vessels still moving when positioned sideways or upside down with autobreak on.
    - Fixed: Repair station can sometimes become inaccessible (NOTE: won't fix broken stations, you need to remove and place new)
    - Fixed: Problem with wood texture (Page 1, Row 2, Column 7) leading to exception when texture was used
    - Fixed: Wrong Trading Station in Starter Orbit
    - Fixed: Ship controller - several bugs with the auto break system
    - Fixed: Spacing of Unlock Points in Techtree UI

Please report any issues here: https://empyriononline.com/threads/...lay-read-introduction-before-reporting.46967/

3. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Just mention the issue with Half textures is still present in B2132.
    Being looked at still.

mR_kAt, Germanicus, Pach and 3 others like this.
  4. JuStX2

JuStX2 Captain

I think it might be a better mechanic in those pictures to actually make the missing window pieces in the Closed Cockpits available for use "on their own". This would involve rebuilding those designs but it would keep the overall aesthetic while allowing the cockpits to be modified in such a way that the 3 block clearance is "OK". Still I don't know how i feel above placing The Player a full 3 Blocks ABOVE the cockpit. If your in space - three small blocks can put a SV Pilot through the Roof of a CV Docking Pad on the ceiling. Still - if they can figure out how to stop turrets from shooting through walls the fix for spawning characters through the same shouldn't be TOO hard to implement.

IronCartographer likes this.
  5. mR_kAt

mR_kAt Captain

There is a bug with .000 rates of spawns. You have to run a total of items in a given biome, then divide it by the spawn rate to get a TRUE ratio of the spawn rate of items. However many biomes are very small and some items can get clipped off and never appear. It has been a problem since 7.x and so has the fact that fauna "sink" into the ground after several harvests.

6. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    The player is NOT put above the cockpit ALWAYS but only when all other exit points are blocked. This basically will only happen if you use a closed cockpit and cover it with full blocks. For open Cockpits you might need walk up to those and usually you then have at least one exit point available. Of course if you fully enclose those as well, then you get the same result as for the closed cockpits.

nexus_absolute, Pach and Germanicus like this.
  7. Bigfeet

Bigfeet Captain

Interesting. So if i remove the shutterdoors, regarding my previous post https://empyriononline.com/threads/alpha-experimental-9-1.46962/page-4#post-288389 , i should be prompted out standing in the entrance hole then, right ? If that is all i have to do from ending up inside the blocks themselves it's an easy comprimise. I've tried making a seperate group for those shutterdoors, but i can not link them to a customswitch. The general entrypoint is allways been from the top, so getting out allways put me back there. I've asked because i've not opted for experimental, as i don't want my creative safe to be corrupted somehow to test this myself.

8. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Basically your assumption is correct. At least this should work. If not > please PM me.
    Shutterdoors > you might need to use the custom SIGNALS column, not the custom BUTTONS center column in the CP.

Bigfeet and Germanicus like this.
  9. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

- Fixed: Several invisible plants (Mushroom in Radiated Biome, Seaweed etc)

Finally! Wow!.:D..*scratching my head* Now I have just to find the Mushrooms...:rolleyes:

Uhm...all Mushrooms or only those in the radiated Biome?

elmo likes this.
  10. FUE DENIS

FUE DENIS Commander

il et urgent de sortir cette mise a jour.

11. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    All were looking fine when I checked before this was put out.

TK85 and Germanicus like this.
  12. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Thanks...btw. which Seed and where exactly?:D:D:D

13. TK85

TK85 Captain

nice!

14. Taisen

Taisen Ensign

Why are so many people crying about the weight and cpu mechanics? boohoo I can't make giant pvp bricks anymore. I may actually need design and combat skills. boohoo. I think the cpu addition is fantastic. It's going to require that we make task specific ships and that's way more realistic. The giant CV brick pvp meta is old and boring. The CPU mechanic is the only thing that interested me in making a profile on here. I'm downloading experimental version now. Can't wait to try out all this cool new stuff.

geostar1024, Combat Wombat and TK85 like this.
  15. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    We hope we can release it in the next 24h

16. Combat Wombat

Combat Wombat Lieutenant

And 9.0 will finally be at the state it should have been on release :/

Andre Merrick likes this.
  17. Andre Merrick

Andre Merrick Commander

Um... Shields?

I was off planet.. and came back to this around my base (Offline-Protection).. it let me in... I presume that if I remove the Offline Protection that it would go away.. but will it come back?

upload_2019-1-8_19-48-38.png

IronCartographer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.