Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 9.4.0 - Hotfix

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Feb 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Update: February 13, 2019 (Build 2279)

Changes:

- Increased resolution of SV/HV containers (now for real)
    - Allowing console command 'deco' only for game masters now
    - Updated PDA: Added new bulletpoint 'NPC faction origins' to Explorers Journal (F1 > Empyriopedia), adding info which creatures and NPC belong to which faction (general and in terms of turret targeting)
    - Reduced recoil of Survival Tool
    - Updated ExamplePlanet with full list of available Soundtracks for scenario creators

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Constructor doesn't show all Templates
    - Fixed: Floating decoration in POIs that use terrain filler blocks (06042: Filler Blocks lower terrain about 1/4 full block)

=======

Update: February 12, 2019 (Build 2278)

- Fixed: Internal exceptions found in logs linked to damaging blocks with low HP

=======

Hi Galactic Survivalists,

We just released a hotfix for Alpha 9.4 that will be released to public soon.

Please read here for the new bug-reporting procedure: https://empyriononline.com/threads/...ort-template-requirements-known-issues.47118/

Changelog: Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 9.4.0 (Build 2277)

Changes:

- Showing correct VolumeCapacity of Container Controllers also in ControlPanel, ie VolumeCapacity will now be dynamically adapted according to number of Container Extensions
    - UI improvements with dynamic grids (added missing grid backgrounds)
    - When shooting Survival Tool, the weapon now slightly moves (before it was completely static) and has small recoil
    - Increased resolution of SV/HV Containers
    - Turret Targeting: Predator faction checkbox now includes Alien faction (+adapted text of checkbox in Control Panel)
    - Adapted Factions of NPCs: Creepy is now Predator faction and AlienBug02 is now Alien faction
    - Updated some POI (AbandonedPOI and Artifacts): consistent spawning of NPC (eg no Spider01 in Aln Faction POI)

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Problem that food decayed in Food Processor after crafting some recipes
    - Fixed: Exception spam after placing the Survival tool into the quick access bar whilst in the escape pod
    - Fixed: CV/BA Controller wrong texture
    - Fixed: SV Container > Missing part of Texture
    - Fixed: Scope: alignment of scoped weapon is slightly tilted (Laser Pistol T2, Pulse Rifle T2, Epic Pulse Rifle)
    - Fixed: Coloring/texturing issues with WallTest

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    TK85, Pach, Szaone and 3 others like this.
  2. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

- Updated some POI (AbandonedPOI and Artifacts): consistent spawning of NPC (eg no Spider01 in Aln Faction POI)

Yeah that was some "funny" experience... 2 Horrors from the Front and 2 Spiders on my Ar...:D

3. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Btw., the "re-designed" Abandoned Drone Base(Arid) provides strange Vegetables (it looks like common Beans). Spiked Lemon are to be found as well, from time to time;).

4. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

me again...:rolleyes:
    - When shooting Survival Tool, the weapon now slightly moves (before it was completely static) and has small recoil

Now please! Besides of those Players who get sick be looking at shaking weapons and Tools...
    Can someone of you explain to me what mechanical part within a BEAM-Weapon would cause a recoil?:confused:

Sofianinho, TK85, Moonsugar and 6 others like this.
  5. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Its also a bit jarring to try and use in Creative Mode to Apply Damage to blocks...

I kept my mouth shut about it, because its a subjective change, and figured they liked it ;)

6. Ravis

Ravis Commander

It's your character shaking in fear when they come to terms with how little damage it does. :D

7. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Fixed that ;)

TK85, Pach and Germanicus like this.
  8. Szaone

Szaone Lieutenant

I could not paint the walls behind a flat wall.^^ Thank God you fixed it. Idk if you already fixed some other problem. Sv/hv (and cv too?) flat blocks/objects (blocks, windows, devices, etc, etc) have a cubish collision box. A small example if you land a sv/hv it stays in the air just like on the picture of my forklift. PS: Flat cv walls (blocks and other objects? etc) are blocking air flow. It happens in corridor 1x1, 2x2, etc. "Cubish collision boxes"? As you can see even doors are causing the problem? PS2: Why does my turrets shot at the native positive citizens/npc's? PS3: Windows and warderobe are blocking the air flow too. There is no air sign in the front of the warderobe and no air in the tunnel. I'm not sure anymore which object or wall etc is blocking the air flow but the issue is there. I'm 100% sure that blocks wall and wall L-shape are blocking the air flow. More coming soon.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  9. Moonsugar

Moonsugar Rear Admiral

??? small ??? are you joking???
    Sorry - for the drastic diction and that i can not express this in proper english:
    Ich finds zum Kotzen. Und das kann man ruhig wörtlich nehmen.
    A single shot with recoil - ok. But with this rapid firing weapon ...:confused:
    Let aside the fact, that some (and not too little) people just cannot stand this fidget - I do admit, that some recoil can add atmosphere to the game. But for this to take effect, it needs to be somewhat plausible. And a recoil of a beam weapon is NOT plausible, just as little as recoil of a rocket launcher.
    Yes, i can edit the config.sys - but you could simply spare me and others this crap in the first time. It not only does not add to the game, its annoying like a wasp on the cake.

stanley bourdon, Germanicus and elmo like this.
  10. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    How is the fix for everyone concerning the food perish timers not being froze in fridges when they are assigned as a input or output of a food processor or mobile constructor ?

11. Numonar

Numonar Lieutenant

Looking good, tested in both Creative and Survival, and it seems to be ok !

12. Gaz

Gaz Lieutenant

Still does it for me two fridges input and output base powered up one minute loads of food next all perished . This is a new game I started Monday single player. Pick and eat seems to be the answer at the moment.

13. Psukhomanteia

Psukhomanteia Ensign

I have not seen the issue come back since the update last night.

I did get some exceptions thrown when firing an epic sniper rifle at some drones in a base attack. It would throw the exception anytime I fired, but it still fired. I tried replicating with some POI drones but could not. Will see if I can replicate before submitting anything.

14. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Thanks.
    For the issue you mention is you could make a thread in the bugs section https://empyriononline.com/forums/bugs.24/ ( https://empyriononline.com/threads/...ort-template-requirements-known-issues.47082/ ) for it with any info on how it is possibly reproduced & the logs for the exception it will be appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.