Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 9.4.1 (Build 2287)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Feb 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Update: February 26, 2019 (Build 2287)

Changelog: Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 9.4.1 (Build 2287)

- Fixed: New folder structure problems with adminconfig.yaml, Cache, Shared, Blueprints etc. as well as absolute paths given for SaveDirectory in dedicated.yaml
    - Fixed: AI hitting through walls
    - Fixed: Docked ship not always getting attached to parent ship (invisible colliders)

====

Update: February 25, 2019 (Build 2285)

We changed the folder structure of the Client and the Dedicated Server in the Steam install directory as follows:

Empyrion Client:
    |----- Client
    |----- DedicatedServer
    |----- SolarSystemGenerator

Empyrion - Dedicated Server:
    |----- DedicatedServer
    |----- PlayfieldServer

These changes were necessary to prepare the upcoming Unity 2018.3 game engine upgrade.

Please make sure to "Verify Integrity of Game Files" via Steam Client before you start the game.

Changelog: Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 9.4.1 (Build 2285)

Changes:
    - Changed folder structure of Client and Dedicated Server in Steam install directory
    - Increased version number to A9.4.1
    - PDA: Improved POI and Near unit checks to include prefabSpecialLocalName in checks for more flexibility
    - Updated EAH Server Tool

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: HV Docking issue (2nd fix)
    - Fixed: [MP] Issue with capacitor/battery amount not updating fast enough leading to problem with food spoiling in Food Processor and Fridge
    - Fixed: Troop transports turning & moving away when they reach a destination
    - Possible fix for occasional problem with structure duplication
    - Fixed: SV\HV open cockpits have broken building size model
    - Fixed: Occasional PDA entity link didn't find the block due to the entity still loading. Wait up to 3 seconds for structure to load to link the pois.
    - Fixed: Actual Dimension of 3x13x3 & 3x10x3 thrusters for SV are Smaller than what is both reported in the tooltip and visually.
    - Fixed: Pda NearPoi and NearUnit checks.

============

Hi Galactic Survivalists,

We just released another patch for Alpha 9.4 that contains some important bug fixes.

The new build will require in-depth testing before it can be released to public. Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Please note that after updating your client to B2282, you should be able to connect to servers running the current public version (B2281).

Please read here for the new bug-reporting procedure: https://empyriononline.com/threads/...ort-template-requirements-known-issues.47118/

Changelog: Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 9.4.0 (Build 2282)

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Terrain is not correctly removed for POIs that use playfield parameter "DroneBaseSetup" (eg drone bases)
    - Fixed: Wrong y-offset for several POI (especially drone bases)
    - Fixed: Problem with explosion calculation in PvE (MP)
    - Fixed: Cockpit collision
    - Fixed: HV Docking issue
    - Fixed: Not enough Upgrade Points to unlock all devices at level 25 (we added 250 more Upgrade Points)
    - Fixed: Normal Zirax had still new Base Attack weapon config and thus were overpowered (ie Zirax could easily destroy base blocks)
    - Fixed: Modular Wing Connector (Medium) was placed wrong
    - Fixed: Problem that SciFi Bed could not be removed / had strange collision
    - Fixed: Tribal Cauldron 2 cannot be removed
    - Fixed: Missing new shapes for Xeno Steel Blocks and wrong Block Info for Xeno Steel Blocks
    - Fixed: Broken deco - AkuaPlant2 has collision box moved out and away of tree trunk
    - Fixed: Broken deco - AlienPlant11Blue has broken textures
    - Fixed: Broken deco – AlienPlant11 is placed deep underground
    - Fixed: Broken deco - AlienPlantReef2 - Scaled far too small, missing texture on fruits
    - Fixed: Broken deco - CrystalsPyramidOrange has enormous collision box

Changes:
    - Removed NPC faction missions from MP Default Scenario ( The MP scenario intentionally (!) has a different setup of POI and playfield content, so the missions that work on the SP Default Scenario will break in the MP Scenario. We will have a look at more/new MP missions for the future)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    mR_kAt, Philipp, Szaone and 6 others like this.
  2. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Captain

I do realize that these fixes (and 1 change) are, currently, only available for experimental. But...
    Would any of these fixes require a game restart to take effect?

What about these two fixes? Wouldn't these require a restart?

3. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    • Administrator
    yes

4. Szaone

Szaone Lieutenant

Is it possible to add fixes without restart? BTW: There are still many models, blocks with wrong collision box.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  5. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

Pardon @Taelyn but I'm a bit confused. I just posted over in "Alpha 9.4 - Hotfix Releases" but since I've opted into Experimental I'm guesing that's the wrong thread?

I should be looking for the all caps EXP.. threads, right? Sry, been gone a while and not used to the forum restructuring.. :(
    -----------
    From other, "Stable"? thread; (please tidy up as you see fit :) )
    ------
    Hey all, noticed a few bits that a quick read through the 9.4 General & Bug, Known threads didn't reveal?

Small Block Hardened "Thin" blocks HP/Mass aren't in line with changes. (sry, doing this from memory, Armored or Hardened?)

The Half block is 75 HP and 12kg while the Full Cube is 200 HP & 32 kg.

Looks like all the 'old' "Thin" blocks are using the first pass of the "Using voxel shape of blocks to calculate their weight and hitpoints" calc?
    EDIT: just checked in Build 2282, Half is the same, Wall is 62HP 10kg, while the Corner Small A is 131 HP 21kg.
    Also, monir thing, but block info says they're upgradable to Combat Steel when pointing at a SV, though attempting to upgrade them on a SV says no further upgrades. Combat Steel only on HVs right?
    ---
    Another bit was the Hanger Door. Smallest masses 10t while the next size up shows 1.x-tons (slipped a decimal?); might just be the description, couldn't check mass on base since not enough granularity in displayed value.
    EDIT: just checked in Build 2282, Hanger 5x3=10.0t, 6x3= 1.20t (one point two tons)
    ---
    ---
    Couple others that I likely missed seeing mentioned;

Exiting of SV cockpit borked again. :) Using an enclosed cockpit whose rear is full open into a cabin, entering cockpit from cabin, on exit you're standing on the cockpit roof, not back to where you entered from.

Open SV cockpit; if no open area on sides, but area to rear is open, placing a single block at the rear base of the cockpit results in exiting into the cockpit itself, not simply another block back, which is where you entered from, requiring gm/stuck to free yourself.
    ???
    ???
    Large Block Cargo Extensions power draw. Is there a thread where this was/is getting discussed?

I've already editted Config.ecf so they only draw 1 PU, not 10. Saves me about 800 PU on my 'starter' CV... :eek:

6. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Captain

Have you filed a bug report about devices or blocks that still have the wrong collision box (even after this update)? Are you sure someone else filed a bug report about them?

You'd have to wait for an official response. I'm just a player. But I would assume that some of the fixes require a restart to take effect and some of them would not.

If you are desperate to enjoy these new fixes, but loathe the idea of starting over, there is a solution. There is a trick to start a brand new (singleplayer) game while transferring over all your bases, vehicles, resources, level progression and even faction reputation. But it's not exactly easy or simple and it involves using the console and admin commands. It also involves copy and pasting files through Windows Explorer and, if you do it wrong, it's possible to lose stuff or break your save. (So backup your save!) I'm just about to do this, myself, and I think it's great.

Some pointers:
    • Important: Don't forget to remove all the materials and Water Containers from your Portable Constructors and Water Generators and put them in containers in your old base before the move. And don't forget to use [Shift]+"F" to pick up your Portable Constructors and Water Generators and put them in your base's containers, too.
    • In your old game, look at the Faction window to see your faction reputations and write these down.
    • Also, write down your character's level and/or experience.
    • And don't forget to write down your "Bank balance". (Mine was 298,427.10 CR)
    • Type "`" to open the Console window.
    • Type "help" to get a list of admin commands or "help [command]" to get help on how to use a specific command. For example, "help level" will give help on the different ways that the level command can be used.
    • In your new game (in the Console window), type "faction rep local Tal 25000" or something similar to become Honored again. Type "faction rep local Pol 20000 or similar to become Friendly again. (These are just examples.)
    • In your new game, type "level 20" if you want to get your level back to 20, or "level x= 30000" to get 30000 XP points.
    • In your new game, type "give credit 298427" to give yourself 298,427 credits (as in what I had before).
    Use the technique shown in the videos above to copy over your base(s) and vehicles over to your new game, complete with all the stuff in the containers and ammo boxes.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    Szaone likes this.
  7. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    • Administrator
    U mean restart a new save? Some do some not. Depends on the fix

Report those then with a save game

Szaone and Thundercraft like this.
  8. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Report as bug.

there are posts. Its intentional. atm we dont scale it back

9. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Captain

It dates back to December, but I started the Power requirments & turn Healing Station & other devices off/on topic where we discussed the power draw of large CCU's and CEU's, among other devices. Yes, at 10 PU per unit, it's pretty insane. It adds up to many hundreds of PU far quicker than most realize, especially considering how much total volume we need to store everything.

I've done similar. Though, while I did reduce Container Controller units to 1 PU, I decided that Container Extension units should not require any energy because they don't even have a logistics interface, so I set those to 0 PU. All Extensions do is provide more storage room. Your home's garage and closet do not constantly draw energy just to store stuff, do they? Logically, only stuff like appliances and lights should draw energy.

The problem with using a Config.ecf, though, is that it needs to be maintained - updated with new Config_Example.ecf changes after every other update. To be honest, it's kind of a hassle.

@Taelyn I'm still waiting for a 2019 player survey to participate in as I was hoping to vote on things such as this. Did I somehow miss the survey? I seem to recall the surveys coming out at the end of the year or in January. Or am I mis-remembering? Have you... discontinued the idea of holding surveys? :confused::(

StyleBBQ and mR_kAt like this.
  10. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    • Administrator
    There hasnt been a survey. So u didnt miss anything.

I dont know if a new one will be done. @Hummel-o-War might know. Believe the devs have plenty to work on atm :)

Pach and Thundercraft like this.
  11. FRAGaLOT

FRAGaLOT Captain

I still believe the XP and Skill tree system should be scrapped. The game already has pacing and limits on what you can build based on the constructor you're using, and the materials that are available from planet you're on. And please pretty please with sugar on top, make the SV/HV constructor be the same and work on both vehicle types.

Sofianinho likes this.
  12. Jawatraders

Jawatraders Lieutenant

I'm 99.9% sure it's just a placeholder until the devs can devise a better system.

Thundercraft likes this.
  13. Szaone

Szaone Lieutenant

I don't remember... I'm not sure anymore but i think i have reported this bugs in past.

I'm asking because my friend started two days before a coop server. I'm going to start a new game and make some tests.

14. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

The only things you should have to change due to an update is the version number at the top of your config file, and any internal block names that got changed that are in your config.

Using a config file like this, you'd only need to change the version number at the top to match the config_example.ecf. If they ever changed the internal block name, you'd have to change that too.

Code:
    VERSION: 4

{ Block Id: 1683, Name: ContainerExtensionLarge
      EnergyIn: 1, type: int, display: true, formatter: Watt
    }

StyleBBQ likes this.
  15. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Captain

I do realize the importance of changing the Config version number if that changes. But that's hard to miss since the game will warn you that the Config version number does not match.

Perhaps your experience differs from mine. However, in my experience, not keeping my Config.ecf up to date with the frequent Config_Example.ecf changes seemed to lead to game issues. And I'm saying that as someone who is usually on the Experimental branch, where Config_Example changes happen every other week, if not weekly. Just because the game does not give a warning about one's Config.ecf (such as from the version number changing), that does not guarantee that the game won't run into Config issues and not even tell the player when it happens.

Though, to be fair, a lot of changes that are made to Config_Example are not game breaking if they are skipped. Quite often the changes involve things such as adding mass and volume to different blocks and devices or changing said values for game balance purposes. Most recently, hitpoints and mass was removed from blocks, presumably because the game now uses an algorythm to calculate hitpoints and mass based on the shape of the block so it scales them accordingly. A player could certainly skip such changes. But constantly ignoring changes to Config_Example will mean that the player may miss out on useful game balance adjustments, bug fixes and other tweaks. The Config not only controls the stats of player blocks and devices, but also alien and NPC blocks and devices. This includes the melee "weapons" that hostile creatures like dinosaurs and golems use to attack, as well as the weapons of POIs and humanoid NPCs.

StyleBBQ likes this.
  16. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Your custom config.ecf only needs to contain the custom changes to values. It doesn't need to contain anything else. Anything not listed in your custom config.ecf file will be pulled from the default game values. There's no need to copy the default values into your custom.ecf.

The example config.ecf I posted above would change the power use of CV/BA cargo extenders to 1 without changing or interfering with any other default configs. :D

StyleBBQ and Inappropriate like this.
  17. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Captain

Sure, I can see how that would work. It would not be at all difficult to update, either, if you only make changes to one or two things.

However, my two files that I use to keep track of all the changes that I make to my Config.ecf, together, add up to over 55 KB. Considering that Config_Example.ecf is about 460 KB, that means my changes constitute about 12% of the whole thing.

My point: For players like me who make tons of changes, it's far easier to have a Config.ecf that contains everything, rather than just the changes, because it allows us to use a comparison tool like WinMerge to compare with Config_Example. If I only had a Config with my changes, a comparison tool may not be of much help. Instead, I'd have to slowly go through the whole thing, line by line.

StyleBBQ and ravien_ff like this.
  18. Inappropriate

Inappropriate Commander

Wait, really!?!?!? You just save me a huge amount of trouble!

ravien_ff likes this.
  19. Psukhomanteia

Psukhomanteia Ensign

I just had about 20 drones and a few troops transports swarm my base. From a direction different from the normal drone attacks. I was lucky I had turrets on all sides of my base. The transports never got close enough for me to see if they would actually drop troops or not. Is this new attack behavior?

20. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Captain

Interesting! I'm assuming that you were playing the latest Experimental build, considering that you posted about it in this thread. What game scenario were you playing? Was this a singleplayer game? What did you do before this massive attack happened? Did you recently attack a Zirax POI and, if so, what was it? Was this on your starter planet or a different planet?

What you describe sounds an awful lot like what Spanj experienced in this video:

There's a folder inside [Steam Location]/steamapps/common/Empyrion - Galactic Survival/Content/Scenarios/ called "_TestBaseAttack". This game scenario is disabled and unavailable by default. In the video, Spanj describes how to enable this scenario and proceeds to test it out. What happens is a massive attack by a large fleet of drones and troop transports, much like what you describe. Except, in this case, the troop transports landed and unloaded a lot of Zirax soldiers. And those soldiers blew open the door to his base, destroyed his core, and installed their own core, effectively stealing his base. Spanj and many of commenters were very excited at the prospect of the devs introducing this into the main game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.