Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 9.4.1 (Build 2287)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Feb 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

I'll take a look at that thread, thanks for the link!

That's a good point about if the Extensions actually 'need' power... hmm.

Unfortunately I've been around long enough to still see kiloWatt rather than the silly PUs (and I read them as "pee-uu!" stinky! ha! :p ).
    Was around for the discussion of whether to use 1 Watt, 10 Watts or 100 Watts as the 'base' for "1"; guess that front was overrun by the Zirax :(
    So I'm liking the thought of the Controllers taking X-power, and Extensions none.
    Same way I was ok with the abstraction of Interior Lights being 'free'; the 5 or 10 kiloWatts of the Core should cover at least the first 20~50 LED interior lights (no need to mess with all the tiny watts in other words).

On Config.ecf; yeah, one of the reasons I haven't used it much in the past, the hassle. Plus I'm likely to fall down that rabbit hole and tweak all sorts of things (Fuel Tank HPs I'm looking at you!).

Been over playing 7 Days to Die. They implemented an xpath system that really eases modding.
    While they use a number of xmls to seperate out things like Blocks and weapons, the neat thing is that you can make/use many different 'modlets' that -all- make changes to the same xml file.
    Similar to the way our 'activating' the Config.ecf by renaming it, overwrites just the default properties we define, but imagine being able to have -multiple- Config.ecfs; one Config.ecf where you put just the power changes to the CCU & CEUs. And another where you tweaked all 'tanks', etc. Makes managing things much easier.

2. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    • Administrator
    it might be on for testing in exp branch. The old system is still activated in public

3. grg3d

grg3d Lieutenant

So...yah I'm still getting the "Plant Monster" in the Akua / Omicron scenario where you kill certain hostile creatures?? not the creature itself but the wording next to the check box as I can find the creepers here is a pix
    20190222021515_1.jpg
    anybody else having this??

4. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Because the PDA isnt updated,

will be fixed

5. Psukhomanteia

Psukhomanteia Ensign

Yeah, I had seen that video before but I can't say it was the same thing. The transports never got close enough for me to see if they would drop troops, kinda wish they did. This is a standard single player survival game on the temperate starter. I had just gotten back from a mining run in a hover miner. I passed by some Zirax territory on the way back but never engaged them. I was in my factory getting the ore into the furnace and starting some build orders in my constructors when I noticed a ton of red dots on my radar. I ran outside and my turrets were just blasting these drones away and ten of them were already dead. The transports were able to get closer but I kinda overdid the turrets on the base so interior turrets took care of them before they got too close.

Now, I do get the bug where a random troop transport rushes my base every time I load the save game, and then it turns around and runs away as soon as he reaches me. This bug happened again after this attack. Once I killed all of the attackers, the troop transport rush started happening again like when I load the game. If I kill the troop transport, it immediately sends another. If I let it get away, they stop.

Anyway, the normal drone attacks come from the east of my base, which is also the direction I went on my mining run. The big attack came from the southwest. So no idea what triggered it.

Thundercraft likes this.
  6. Jawatraders

Jawatraders Lieutenant

Does this mean the new base attacks are coming out before 10.0?

The Purple Tail likes this.
  7. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    • Administrator
    No

8. Psukhomanteia

Psukhomanteia Ensign

I expect my experience was more likely a bug than a feature. I don't think the drones even opened fire, I found no damaged blocks and there were enough I would expect they would have gotten a shot off. Probably related to the troop transport bug that has already been submitted.

9. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

While building a CV I ran into an issue where I couldn't place any CV block that would "touch" the BA pad.

It was in a Creative game started in build 2281. Placed Truss blocks on the bases concrete pad, then placed CV Starter onto them. (Btw it did 'fall down' onto Trusses)
    That usually then allows placing Truss blocks on the CV, and going down 1 block. Not this time. Couldn't go down a block even though the CV Core & it's 8 steel blocks were sitting up a level.
    So I went ahead and built out a Truss block spine with a couple ribs out to each side at the same lvl as the Core, deleted the truss blocks that were underneath the Starter and part of the pad, added a cockpit and hopped in. CV sank down to the pad and I figured all would be ok.
    Nope. When it came time to place landing gear I couldn't get them to place at the correct lvl.
    Tried adding Truss blocks to the existing frame, no joy. Tried holding mouse button and extending a line of blocks down, nope.
    Ultimately I had to raise the ship via thrusters in order to place landing gear. With landing gear on, deleted the Truss blocks, then landed back on the pad.
    Thought for sure everything would be okay then, since CV was now sitting on extended (retractable) landing gear. Nope.
    Trying to place a block that would 'touch' pad still a no-go.
    Attempting to place a new 1x3x3 retracting ramp, not possible. Had to again rise up on thrusters to place.
    ---
    Using a custom Config.ecf so can't file a bug report.

Thundercraft likes this.
  10. Thundercraft

Thundercraft Captain

Couldn't you temporarily move your Config.ecf somewhere else (or make a backup copy and delete), then attempt to recreate the bug to see if it is still there? Granted, that'd be a bit of a hassle. But, as long as you can confirm that a bug is still there without a Config.ecf present, wouldn't that allow reporting a bug?

IronCartographer and StyleBBQ like this.
  11. malrose1

malrose1 Commander

I can confirm the same... in creative, vanilla config... so yes probably a bug and just one block for me so didn't take it to reports.

StyleBBQ likes this.
  12. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Rear Admiral

Yes you can. That's how I do it.

Thundercraft and StyleBBQ like this.
  13. StyleBBQ

StyleBBQ Captain

Was in same Creative world. rebuilding a starter CV (different ship) for Logistics and ran into same thing.
    Fresh spawned, -no- landing gear CV, spawned in w thrusters on so hovering in air, I landed it.
    When I went to replace some bottom hull blocks with Extensions, couldn't place new blocks. Had to raise it up w temp scaffolding.
    ---
    Seeing it effect a spawned in ship I'm more inclined to do the swap-out-n-verify-n-reproduce shuffle, heh :)
    Should be able to get to it later today.

14. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Try without a custom config. If it happens > bug report and attach your BP please

StyleBBQ likes this.
  15. mR_kAt

mR_kAt Captain

This... I like. I'd love to see this to happen not on a starter planet but on an Alien planet. >:3

Thundercraft likes this.
  16. The Purple Tail

The Purple Tail Lieutenant

On a related note, I'd like to throw in an idea for the suggestion box. The faction and reputation is obviously still in a very early stage (to say the very least), but I would like to see a few more tiers added to the negative side of things. Like after you put a faction into hostile, having a few more sub-tiers that trigger specific events to occur. Here are a few thoughts that might make a great addition for single or multiplayer

Hostile - Faction fires on player at sight, can no longer interact with NPCs for trade options, etc
    Hostile lv2 - Faction increases defenses around POIs, additional defense structures built, more roaming patrols, etc
    Hostile lv3 - Faction creates a shipyard and loading dock POI, spawns a planetary CV after x number of days (maybe 5-7 in-game days?) and CV roams the planet for any player controlled bases
    Hostile lv4 - Faction creates anti-CV space stations throughout solar system, forcing player to destroy the space stations and/or avoid them in orbit

GenghisBob and mR_kAt like this.
  17. mR_kAt

mR_kAt Captain

I agree, the negative interactions should be a gradual one. If the enemy sends out a horde of craft to destroy your base just because you killed one Zirax, on day 2 of your game, that would be a tad drastic (and not to mention frustrate new players just dealing with staying alive against the elements of the planet at that point).

ravien_ff likes this.
  18. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Update: February 25, 2019 (Build 2285)

We changed the folder structure of the Client and the Dedicated Server in the Steam install directory as follows:

Empyrion Client:
    |----- Client
    |----- DedicatedServer
    |----- SolarSystemGenerator

Empyrion - Dedicated Server:
    |----- DedicatedServer
    |----- PlayfieldServer

These changes were necessary to prepare the upcoming Unity 2018.3 game engine upgrade.

Please make sure to "Verify Integrity of Game Files" via Steam Client before you start the game.

Changelog: Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 9.4.1 (Build 2285)

Changes:
    - Changed folder structure of Client and Dedicated Server in Steam install directory
    - Increased version number to A9.4.1
    - PDA: Improved POI and Near unit checks to include prefabSpecialLocalName in checks for more flexibility
    - Updated EAH Server Tool

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: HV Docking issue (2nd fix)
    - Fixed: [MP] Issue with capacitor/battery amount not updating fast enough leading to problem with food spoiling in Food Processor and Fridge
    - Fixed: Troop transports turning & moving away when they reach a destination
    - Possible fix for occasional problem with structure duplication
    - Fixed: SV\HV open cockpits have broken building size model
    - Fixed: Occasional PDA entity link didn't find the block due to the entity still loading. Wait up to 3 seconds for structure to load to link the pois.
    - Fixed: Actual Dimension of 3x13x3 & 3x10x3 thrusters for SV are Smaller than what is both reported in the tooltip and visually.
    - Fixed: Pda NearPoi and NearUnit checks.

Szaone likes this.
  19. catalina

catalina Commander

Did they fix not enough cowbell?

20. Szaone

Szaone Lieutenant

Hi. How do i verify Empyrion - dedicated server? My steam game list shows no "Empyrion - dedicated server".

PS: I have something for developer. You need this to find and fix performance problems, stutters, lag, etc, etc. https://unity3d.com/de/learn/tutori...ng-performance-problems-using-profiler-window
    "If our game is running slowly, stuttering or even freezing, we know that we have a performance problem. Before we can try to fix anything we need to know more about what is causing the the problem. Different problems require very different solutions. If we try to guess what’s wrong or try to make changes based on what worked on other projects, we could waste time or even make our problems worse.

This is where profiling comes in. Profiling is the process of measuring aspects of our game’s performance at runtime. By using a profiling tool, we can see what’s going on behind the scenes when our game is running and use this information to track down the cause of our performance problem. By watching the profiling tool as we make changes, we can measure the results of the changes we make so we can tell whether our efforts to fix the problem are effective." If you know how just ignore my "PS".

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.