Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 9.5

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Mar 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Update: March 5, 2019 (Build 2293)

Changes:
    - Added new starter planet (TemperateStarter2): Like Temperate Starter but with advanced equipment and in Wreckage Base
    - Added more info about starter planets in New Game Menu
    - Added new Ocean Planet
    - Updated moon playfields
    - Do not display old legacy cockpits anymore in Creative Menu
    - Added max count of 2 for SV/HV cockpits (per group)
    - Sort start planets by Difficulty and display PlayfieldLevel string in planet info
    - Added new yaml parameter "PlanetClass" , use PlanetClass in other info windows (maps, etc)

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Problem that MoonNascent playfields was always the same (fixed seed)
    - Fixed: Troop transporters constantly attacking player base
    - Fixed: Problem that under POI texture was changing between Forest and DeepForest on Temperate Planets
    - Fixed: Problem that lava fog was activated in all Lava playfields
    - Fixed: Container Scrollbar cache makes smaller containers first rows inaccessible
    - Fixed: Colliders too wide on 2 sector map buttons

========

Hi Galactic Survivalists,

We just released the EXPERIMENTAL version of Alpha 9.5. Even though it is a relatively small update for our standards, we decided to increase the version number to 9.5 since it has more content than just a hotfix.

CHANGELOG: Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 9.5 (Build 2290)

New Armored Cockpits (SV / HV):
    - Added armored cockpits for SV / HV that have much higher hitpoints than standard cockpits
    - Armored cockpits can be upgraded from standard cockpits

Re-Balanced all SV/HV Cockpits:
    - Slightly increased Hitpoints of most T1 Cockpits
    - Reduced Hitpoints and Mass of both Open Cockpits considerably (> please feedback!)
    - Reduced Hitpoints and Mass of Closed Cockpit 05 to match size/block count relative to the others

Improved Game Start:
    - Reduced Amount of CrushedStones need to obtain Iron, Copper, Silicon Ore in Constructor
    - Added more rock resources in starter biomes
    - Added Wreckage POI instead of JunkT2 so player has already a base earlier in game (only on Temperate Planet)
    - Zirax POI is now sufficiently far away from JunkT2 / Wreckage

Updated PDA Robinson Protocol:
    - Added skip rewards to Robinson Protocol: when RP is skipped player gets Portable Constructor, Motorbike and Detector
    - Better integrated Wreckage into PDA Robinson Protocol
    - Updated information given for some PDA Info descriptions (f.ex. Vessel-Build descriptions)
    - Crushed Stone now also completes rock mining
    - Added reference of Empyriopedia (Doctors Journal, Biologist Guide) in appropriate places
    - Removed info-reference about arid playfield in temperate playfield Robinson Protocol mission

Other Changes:
    - More code preparations for Unity 2018 upgrade
    - Removed CPU Points from main page of Control Panel (now CPU Points are only displayed in Statistics window): It seems that some players were irritated by the prominent place CPU points had in the control panel.
    - Adapted info text in gameoptions_example.yaml to make clear that CPU Points is WIP
    - Decreased energy consumption of CC / CE (BACV: CC = 10PU. CE = 3PU, SVHV: CC = 3PU, CE = 1PU)
    - Renamed "Body Temperature" into "Suit Temperature"
    - Added energy need for RemoteConnection
    - Added new (non-craftable) items for Trading: AncientRelics, ToxicWaste, AlienOrganism, Leather, Optronics, Liquors, Narcotics, Robotics, Fertilizer, LuxuryGoods, RawDiamond (not yet used for traders in the Vanilla version but you can already use them for your custom scenarios)
    - Sun is now less flat to have better lighting in Creative Mode > Orbit
    - Exchanged PlantMonster with Creepy in PDA (Akua-Omicron Scenario)

Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed: Not possible to add blocks to a starter block placed on a Base surface
    - Fixed: Backpack sync exploit
    - Fixed: CREATIVE: cannot access POI after replacing NPC type core
    - Fixed: Mining rocks did not give XP
    - Fixed: Survival tent destroyed when dropped and when picked up with inventory full
    - Fixed: Dropping AntennaBlocks did not give back any devices
    - Fixed: Problem that all devices displayed mass of 2kg in Control Panel

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Most excited about this! It really gives me a lot more options to create immersive trade routes in my custom scenario without affecting game balance. :D

3. SceptreX42

SceptreX42 Lieutenant

Armored cockpits? YES!!!! I have been hoping for those for some time.

4. elmo

elmo Captain

Thank you Eleon.. Nice little update especially the cockpit changes and the starter equipment. New game starting soon I think.

Supay and ravien_ff like this.
  5. stubert812

stubert812 Lieutenant

Awesome work on the patch with the armored cockpits. Any chance you could link it so we can use F4 on the water generators straight to the base? Thanks Devs.

TK85, icehot and ravien_ff like this.
  6. catalina

catalina Commander

loving the optimizations and bug fixes. is there a plan to optimizes sounds in the near future?

Supay, D00mnoodle and ravien_ff like this.
  7. spanj

spanj Captain

Very nice,
    Love the commodities trading stuff you guys are adding in, hope to see Polaris convoys and trade ships flying about some day. This is a good step towards making the universe feel more alive.

Question though, you mention:
    Is there some guidance on how we would add this to our scenarios?

Cheers.

8. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Same way you add any other items to a custom trader I think. I used EPD to edit my custom trader configs because it lists all the available items without having to look in the localization file AND it automatically numbers the items. Much easier.

Needleship and spanj like this.
  9. mR_kAt

mR_kAt Captain

A quick question, why would you reward a player for skipping things? Shouldn't they be rewarded for extra work and taking those extra risk, not just skipping it? Or is just a testing aspect of the build to get players farther along to test newer items (I do think that the "older" items still need testing too).

Thank you for the clarification between suit temperature and body temperature. This has been a confusing point for many players (including the size of each temperature reading). The scale between the numbers are quite drastic.

As for the changes in the "Improved Game Start", I really don't agree with them as they make early survival too easy, however on the flip side, players can always just change the .yaml files to suit their own resource (and base) tastes, so for those whom code, it is a minor issue.

The only annoying part is altering all of the .yamls when every tiny patch comes out. There needs to be an easier GUI system for more laid back players to change things in the game, without pouring hours into it. It is a sandbox game after all and it is one of its selling points. ;3

Pach and D00mnoodle like this.
  10. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I'm one of those people who love a more difficult survival start but we have to keep in mind the Temperate starter planet is intended to be the "easy" start. Arid (and later, SwampStarter assuming it returns) are meant to be the more difficult starting planets.

11. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Don't see it on Steam yet. :(

*edit* There it is. :D

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  12. Na_Palm

Na_Palm Captain

Then also consider to give window and armored window blocks a balancing pass, too!
    Because 25/150 HP for a window don't cut it anymore then. As it is then, only observation slit's and open cockpits in the back part of HV/SV will be viable....

Otherwise a fine list!

D00mnoodle likes this.
  13. Needleship

Needleship Master of Custom Terrain

It's not really an award. Those players skip learning how to use that stuff.
    This temperate starter setup seems to be aimed at the first-time-ever players. And some of them might not want to (or can't) read a tutorial, for whatever reasons.
    I'm sure that there will be much more challenging starting options in EGS in the future. But this game is financed by the new players, for our all late game players enjoyment. So the first-time-ever start needs to be ironed out. - Have seen quite some complaints, lately...
    (I'm playing Arid. That one is untouched. And has oxygen needs, too. And for a hard temperate probably I would like more to play on a swamp hell.)

- If there are not harder starts yet, people can build them as a scenario and offer them as a suggestion. :)
    If the quality is good, and the playfield not built too convoluted/scummy, then there is really no reason for Eleon to pass this.
    (e.g. see the POI building by players)

nexus_absolute and ravien_ff like this.
  14. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Noice!! *imitating @spanj voice*:D

One little question....Why does the Temperate Planet get a wrecked, airtight Base in a breathable Atmosphere while the ARID with no Air gets "Cabriolets"?

-Removed info-reference about arid playfield in temperate playfield Robinson Protocol missiono_O

...and while you are on it... could you PLEASE make your mind up about ARID-Planets? When choosing the Starter Planet the description for the Arid Planet says difficulty EASY while the description below the Pictures warns everyone that only EXPERIENCED Players should start on Arid.

Otherwise great Changes/Updates!

Pach likes this.
  15. nexus_absolute

nexus_absolute Captain

Woa! Another update with awesome features and fixes that came out of nowhere! Liking lots of stuff here.

We've come to expect the unexpected from you guys - in a good way ;)

Sofianinho likes this.
  16. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

When this was a feature previously, I'd simply Skip then dump any free items. It may sound silly, but if, after pressing "Skip" the game said "Oh look, there's more stuff in the escape pod than you first thought" I'd feel better about this lol.

I don't know why it appeals to me so much, but I like having to work to get the Portable Constructor and other items. That first day with the Survival Tool alone is cool :)

Thanks for the update though, Armoured Cockpits are most welcome.

Oh, one more thing: For Constructors other than the Portable one, is it at all possible to have rock not automatically made into Ore (Iron, Copper & Silicon) when Ingots are queued? Like many, when I've mined Ores I generally just queue up multiples of 100 of the given Ore, so the Constructor makes Ingots until out of Ore. However, this approach risks using up any rock I've perhaps saved for other things. As a result, I carefully queue up only exactly what I can get from Ore, to save on rock. If turning rock to Ore was explicit i.e. we had to select the Ore we want, no auto-production when Ingots - or any component that relies on it - it'd be nicer.

Just a personal preference, but I think it'd enable us to manage rock reserves better.

Scoob.

17. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

I consider RP to be a 'tutorial'. Having a skip is helpful if you just want to start a new survival game without having to go through that tutorial all over again, and again. So skipping a tutorial and being given just some basic equipment (which you would have gotten) seems reasonable.

H.P. Strangelove and Celthon like this.
  18. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

My take on it was always Tutorial had guidance and possible "free" stuff, which is fine, but clicking "Skip" should mean more hard core survival with nothing free. I'd personally like to see three options, Tutorial (RP), Skip but gain stuff, Skip but gain nothing. However, it's not really a chore for me to bin any gifted items, so that's what I'll do - just like I did before :)

Scoob.

mR_kAt likes this.
  19. spacebuilder

spacebuilder Lieutenant

It would probably be less confusing to new players to simply add text to the tutorial screen to let players know what happens if they skip - something like:

"If you choose to skip the Robison Protocol, you will be awarded the following items to help you start your journey:
    Portable Constructor
    Motorbike
    Detector

If you do not wish to use these items now, but unlock/build them thru gameplay, simply drag them to the Trash icon."

mR_kAt, Pach, ravien_ff and 3 others like this.
  20. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Yeah, a little explanation can go a long way @spacebuilder

Scoob.

mR_kAt and ravien_ff like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.