Alpha EXPERIMENTAL 9.7: Unity 2018.3

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Yes, I copied it here before I saw your reply in the other thread. Good to see you're being consistent though ;)

Yes. Once I found out how to trigger it, it started popping up fairly randomly. It was always when I had a remote inventory (not necessarily connected) inventory on the right panel though.

Scoob.

Taelyn likes this.
  2. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Changelog: Alpha 9.7 (Build 2313)

Fixes:
    - drone related bug
    - some client side exceptions

Changes:
    - the Solar System Generator tool is included again

Germanicus and ravien_ff like this.
  3. Taelyn

Taelyn Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    Changelog: Alpha 9.7 (Build 2314)

- Added PDA parameter ListVisibility to allow for previews of deactivated, invisible chapters. To help guide players to activation positions.

- UNET: possible fix for 'NoResource' error

4. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Is anyone else having items disappear when there's just one in an inventory slot?

For example, I had eight Water Containers each in a separate slot in an Inventory on my CV. I go back into the inventory, and five of those slots are now empty, yet there is still just one Water Container in the remaining three slots.

I have experienced some weird inventory oddness of late, but I cannot re-create it. I.e. I took ALL the Fuel Packs from a water generator, as I planned to pick it up. I return a short while later - it should have run down during that time - yet it was still mostly full of Fuel Packs. Basically, it appeared to revert to the state it was in prior to me taking the Fuel from it.

I've also seen situations where I've added fuel to something yet on my return the device (Water Generator) is empty yet has only given me one water.

Edit: I just checked the inventory again, and the remaining three water containers are GONE. Something it deleting items from inventories.

Edit 2: Ahhhh, I see what's happening! The bug is that my Constructor is using stuff from the OUTPUT Inventory to build things. I.e. I have the Input Inventory which has, among other things, Water Containers and Promethium. My Output Inventory is where I store excess Fuel, O2 and Water. As I'm making Fusion Packs in my Constructor, I have it assigned to Output to my Fuel, O2 and Water Storage, yet it is using stuff from this inventory. Surely this isn't correct? Thought I guess it's linked to intermediary item production, in this case H2 Bottles.

Scoob.

5. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Thanks!
    Is there a solution for this in sight? -> EXP-A9702313_2019-04-15_15-57-47.png

6. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I don't think that is right. That happens when machines start to think...for their owners;):D
    I take it you have ordered more Fuel Cells than Material is in the input so your Computer tries to cope with that and uses all stuff it can find...:p

7. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I had 100's of Water Containers and Thousands of Promethium Pellets in the Input Inventory and just 8 Water Containers in the Output. However, the Water in the Output is what got used first.

Note: Inventory Appearing / Disappearing (reverting to an earlier state) in Water Generators is a different issue of course.

Scoob.

8. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

This is is now MUCH worse than it was for me. I regularly open a remote inventory (not Connected) and it's all Flares. I have to switch to another Inventory and back again to temporarily fix it. It's a pain.

Scoob.

TK85, runlykhel and Germanicus like this.
  9. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Here's another odd one...

I just entered a Temperate planet at the equator. However, it looks like a Snow planet and, apparently, the terrain beneath my ship is "Polar Snow". That's a bit weird, right?

Edit: Additionally, but not related, I just saw a Zirax Patrol shoot an Oviraptor while attempting to shoot me. However, the Oviraptor was then agro'd at ME not the guys who were shooting it. Is this a bug, or just a design flaw currently with NPC / Critter interaction?

Scoob.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019 at 12:04 PM
  10. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I call it the "Tundra" Planet. I noticed that a while ago, that the "other" Temperate Planet is now a bit different. Someone pointed me towards a change log entry:rolleyes:

11. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

It might be that my computer can't handle the new Unity, but that - >

EXP-A9702313_2019-04-15_18-32-35.png EXP-A9702313_2019-04-15_18-32-32.png

is definitely not my fault :p

12. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Yeah, I like it and it's similar to the "Swamp" planet in that regard - i.e. both are Temperate but one a wetter temperate and the other a colder temperate. I like the variation.

Of perhaps more interest is that everywhere I've landed has had Zirax patrols - yet I'm in neutral territory. I just set down and there are four patrols in visual range, though they weren't rendered until I was just a handful a metres from touch down in my CV.

Scoob.

Germanicus likes this.
  13. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I've seen that bug on and off for ages now. Sometimes things don't render. I've seen it with Window blocks - flipping them with the MT can help, but they often fail to render when flipped back...yet a neighbouring window will be fine - I've seen it most recently with CV T1 RCS. It's usually fixed via a save / reload for me.

Scoob.

Germanicus likes this.
  14. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Yes, restart does fix this...:rolleyes:

15. xerxes86

xerxes86 Lieutenant

Just pick something up for a moment and put it back, and it will revert to what's actually in there.

16. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Yes, I noticed that. Sometimes doing that will even restore the entire Inventory...but rarely.

This issue is certainly getting worse. Initially I struggled to re-create it, now it happens probably 30% of the time I open any Inventory & I regularly have to flip inventories before it shows properly.

Scoob.

xerxes86 likes this.
  17. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

This is part of the normal variation of temperate planets.

18. xerxes86

xerxes86 Lieutenant

Oh, I didn't mention it happens to me 100% of the time. Every time I look at anything it's that way. But my work around, works every time for the entire inventory, so it's just an annoyance.

runlykhel likes this.
  19. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

It's just how it specifically says it's Polar snow, yet I am no where near the poles - I was in fact on the equator. I thought Polar Snow was a specific biome type for the no building polar area.

Sounds like you have it more severe than me, but I'm getting there, though your fix is more reliable. I'm sure the devs will be on this one before too long.

Scoob.

20. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Nah that's "pole." Polar snow can occur anywhere it's cold enough. I forget the exact biome criteria but it can happen even at the equator.