Alpha Genesis One and Epic store

Discussion in 'Other Discussion' started by Supay, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Supay

Supay Captain

First foremost this a warning about the Epic store. Also a light review of Alpha Genesis One.
    I don't care for the Epic vs Steam and this is not about that.
    I went to the Epic store to Buy Alpha Genesis One and ran into some issues. Their credit card service is total mess and be careful when using it. It charged my card and didn't give me the game. I tried contact Epic and never got a response, so I had my card company fix it. I looked up the problem and there seems to be a good amount with the issues with their store. I ended up using paypal for the game.

Alpha Genesis One is a fun interesting game for what it is. To me it is no way worth 30 bucks though. Still bit buggy and it crashed a few times. Also not very clear on how a lot of things work. You get to pick a corporation to sponsor you. The corporations give you certain weapons/resources/clones to start out with. You add modules to your capital ship that let you clone more crew, make weapons,Tractor beam for resources in space, storage resources, medical bay for dealing with disease and hanger with a ship to go to planets. Once you unlock things you need to start over to use them, which is never clear. You also go down to the planets using a pre-made shuttle to unlock suit upgrades that require the game to be restarted to use. The module unlocks are the only thing you don't have to start the game over to make. Also the Trade is never clear how to use. There is a tiny console in the bridge when you in the same area as the trade that lets you interact with them. Over all like I said, the game is fun but not worth 30 bucks, wait for a sale and be mindful of their credit card issues.