Anniversary Update - Preview

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by EleonGameStudios, Aug 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    [​IMG]

Hi Galactic Survivalists,

Slightly more than 3 years ago - on August 5, 2015 - the first public version of "Empyrion - Galactic Survival" was released on Steam. We want to celebrate Empyrion's 3rd birthday together with you with a big "Anniversary Update" which will be released this August (we will announce the exact release date soon).

The anniversary update is dedicated to you - our awesome community - and will include some highly requested features and some fun surprises. Of course, as each good birthday present, we will keep it a secret (at least until the first Experimental version ;)

Here are some teaser screenshots from the upcoming Anniversary Update (maybe you can already guess what it is):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

However, this is only a part of the new features waiting for you in the upcoming Anniversary Update. Stay tuned for more teasers...

Pre-Alpha Souvenirs:

When looking back at the first public release of Empyrion and what has changed since then, we believe that our small team can be proud of what it has achieved. Have a look at some screenshots from the 2015 version that was released on Steam (and yes, these pics are taken from a "Best of Collection"):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

....and here is the launch trailer of June 2015:

For a direct comparison, have a look at the Alpha 7 trailer from Oct 2017:

If you are now getting nostalgic and want to play again the old 2015 version (Pre-Alpha 2.0.2), we made it available on a Steam branch called "alpha_pre"

Please note that you must start this 2015 version directly via Empyrion.exe found here: Steam\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\
    (you cannot start it via Steam Client)

Here is how you can switch to another Steam branch: https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/store/application/branches

Outlook for the Future:

Even though we have come a loooong way with Empyrion, we are not stopping here - we still have big plans for our baby. Here are some features that we still want to integrate in the near future (either during Early Access or shortly after):

- More solar systems
    - Better skill, research and progression system (rework of the current tech tree unlock system)
    - Better collision model and more realistic controller for vessels
    - Energy shields for vessels
    - Automatization
    - Introducing realistic weight
    - More threats (AI and environmental)

(note these features will not make it into the Anniversary Update)

Thanks for reading and stay tuned for the Release Date announcement of our upcoming Anniversary Update.

Yours,

Emp Dev Team

P.S. If you did not yet make a review for Empyrion on Steam, we would like to encourage to do so because it helps us to know what you like or not.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  2. michaelhartman89

michaelhartman89 Rear Admiral

Can't wait, time to get off my ass and back into the game!

spacefarmer, Ravis and elmo like this.
  3. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

Basically covers everything on my wish list :).

4. ECubed

ECubed Commander

Looking good. That first creature in the screenshot would give Stephen King nightmares.

5. Damocles

Damocles Captain

Good time to include a "quickloot" key.

6. elmo

elmo Commander

Now you are going to have us checking these forums every day for new update. Looking forward to starting a new game, don't know about that thing with the big teeth or the thing that is below it in pic but looking forward to update. Well done guys you're hard work is very much appreciated.

TK85 likes this.
  7. michaelhartman89

michaelhartman89 Rear Admiral

My biggest question is will npc companions get some work finally? Those crewmembers have been on strike long enough and need to get their ass to work!

I'm hoping for some Economy features to be introduced as well as npc employment. You have all heard it before, but I don't mind requesting it again;)

Rather than rehashing every update post from the last 2 years, Ill save ya'll the hassle and post the threads. These are still at the top of my list for Empyrion and I would love to see them implemented. Check it out if you are new to the forums or the game!!

https://empyriononline.com/threads/npcs-poll-and-major-suggestions-proposed-by-the-community.20427/

https://empyriononline.com/threads/steps-to-building-an-in-game-economy.12323/

https://empyriononline.com/threads/wishlist-for-npc-crews-and-npc-faction-members.28730/

8. markoredflag

markoredflag Lieutenant

Spacetyranus rex ?, very cool, and now, we have danger in water.
    I like new textures, it is like textures of Gallactica and Deat star. I hope it will be to CV too.
    Just singing in the rain. i'm happy again.

spacefarmer likes this.
  9. markoredflag

markoredflag Lieutenant

My wish list have new blocks to build ships. it will be realised? i hope yes. good job. :)

Maverick241, banksman45 and eLLe like this.
  10. Combat Wombat

Combat Wombat Lieutenant

Lack of real crew in list at end makes me hopeful its the big secret for the anniversary update! Make people design ships that make sense, crew needs places to sleep, eat, take a shit, they need to be able to access every component to do repairs internally. You do it right and we get a revolution in CV design away from the unrealistic mess.

spacefarmer, Maverick241, BTB and 2 others like this.
  11. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

I'm so scared right now with all this secrets... :eek:

(looks like still no reaction from players on NEW COLORS, or they are only on my crappy monitor :rolleyes:)

(Oh - BTW - new multipart wings are fantastic, great work from your modelers - texture & coloring parts on them are just right!)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    spacefarmer, TK85, eLLe and 1 other person like this.
  12. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

Really? It covers maybe 10% of mine..

Siege Inc. likes this.
  13. Sofianinho

Sofianinho Captain

14. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

Well, all right, it covers most of the major items on my wishlist. . . .

15. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

My guess is new Large Constructor model to differentiate better between large and advanced. Unfortunately, either way, we once again we have a device designed for sitting on a flat surface instead of being designed to sit on a flat surface OR be integrated into a wall or other construct as the designer wants.

OK, *whew*... you scared me for a sec there... :eek:

wildboy and Sofianinho like this.
  16. geostar1024

geostar1024 Rear Admiral

It occurs to me that the simple solution would be to give most devices like this multiple forms like thrusters have (standalone and block-flush). I guess I'll join you in pushing for something like that :).

Yeah, I know, sorry :-(; I just got very excited to see positive confirmation of all of those features.

17. Sofianinho

Sofianinho Captain

I don't even understand why there is an additional construtor, it just adds to the device creep.
    Space is supposed to be precious inside a ship and thus should be optimised, you can't have a giant blob sitting in the middle of your brigde.
    + 1 for right click options for constructors and food processors and all the other devices.

Brimstone likes this.
  18. Brimstone

Brimstone Rear Admiral

I don't have an issue with constructor progression per se... My issue is with how the recipes are distributed. Advanced constructor for XL CV thrusters? Absolutely. Advanced constructor for hydrogen? Bad enough to take away the stand-alone generator, but to mark as "advanced" something that I could make in RL right frakking now with a solar cell or a 9-volt battery?

spacefarmer, mR_kAt and Sofianinho like this.
  19. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

energy shields huh, guess ill be updated all my AEGIS stuff X_X

20. Arrclyde

Arrclyde Rear Admiral

That sounds really good. :-D

Realistic weight..... I can not tell if good or not. I personally am undecided weather its actually good or bad to the game. But if it actually means "realistical CARGO weight" i have a bad feeling that it could backfire pretty shortly.

That is also very welcome. More diverse features in terms of survival is always good.

T431, Garedicus, TK85 and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.