Any good hardcore survival PVP servers?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by miner, Aug 18, 2018.

1. miner

miner Lieutenant

Good as in:

-no safe zones: fights can happen anywhere
    -you spawn with your basic pod pack (no bullshit starting packs)
    -no blueprintolade where people just spawn blueprints from steam or spend time offline building rather than online doing things
    -vanilla experience (no endless mods, roleplays, or whatever else)
    -no wipe of the world unless 100% needed

why is this game so good but the servers have to be so **** for PVP? has anyone played 2b2t for Minecraft? example of a good server (minus all the cheating).

2. Furious Hellfire

Furious Hellfire Rear Admiral

I think the pvp community are struggling for stability atm, with large pvp based servers.
    Maybe someone should make a server using the recommended eleon player limit of 20 and see how a pure pvp experience goes then.
    I would join it.
    Problem with that is not a lot of people can build good so they prefer not to try in a survival game, just to risk having it destroyed before its finished.
    I would certainly give it a go ! im a proficient builder now and like the idea of building a new ship live in a pvp environment haha that sounds like a good challenge right there but as far as the general empyrion community goes, I think majority prefer pve and just flitting about doing what they want knowing they can always choose routes or methods to avoid combat.

I did join a pvp server once, i was hunted from the second my escape pod touched down killed before i could loot it, and then repeatedly chased and killed whilst unarmed by seemingly a troll, so pvp does have its downsides lol.

3. miner

miner Lieutenant

That's the point of survival pvp, these things can't happen. Also people would aim for efficiency rather than having a beauty pageant of ships.

Once you get past the spawn zone and stablish a base is rewarding. All servers i've tried just suck, the PVP is so poor I had to stop playing and went back to 7 Days to Die but I prefer sci fi themed games.

4. GasBandit

GasBandit Commander

The truth of the matter is PvP is less popular right now because it is fundamentally broken, and needs to be rebalanced practically from the ground up... but that would disrupt the SP/Co-op experience, too.

5. miner

miner Lieutenant

it would be a massive waste of time from a dev pov to not have a proper PVP

if you put all this effort into technology and making a game, you cant forget about prover PVP because that is what keeps the game interesting on the long term, no matter how much stuff you add it always gets old

the threat of other humans is what keeps things exciting

ZipSnipe likes this.
  6. ZipSnipe

ZipSnipe Commander

I found a good server that is set up the way I like it ZERO antigrief however I have only seen one other player and unfortunately it does have some PVE planets but they wipe whenever so yeah I considerate it a good PVP server if players would show up. Server name is called Bigger is Better

Come on over I am looking for a good fight. Please note there is no admin and as I found out the pve planets do wipe and I don't know when the cb command is not implemented :-(