Anyone know where Zirax shrine core is hidden?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Samoja, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Samoja

Samoja Commander

I am raiding Zirax shrine (the big, well defended floating structure), but can anyone tell me where the core is, i pretty much dismantled half the station with my machine guns but i can't find it, i can only assume it is somewhere in the well armored core of the station, but i really don't want to try and dismantle that part blindly, anyone know where the core is?

2. scapino

scapino Ensign

The shrine core is on the top level, up the stairs. It is surrounded by 4 stair units, with a cylinder on top.

Samoja likes this.
  3. Samoja

Samoja Commander

Thanks, found it, but now i am being attacked constantly by enemy drones, makes the reclamation efforts somewhat hard.

4. scapino

scapino Ensign

If you placed your own Private core, then they will attack. Its just another of your bases to them.
    If you switch your core to public they will stop attacking, but you wont be able to get full blocks with your multi tool.
    Also, they may just be attacking your SV. WHat I would do is set the shrine to public, get in your SV and kill all the drones, then go back to looting. If you definitely want full blocks, set it to private, and put up with the attacks.

Kurt

5. Samoja

Samoja Commander

Yeah, i guess i just have to kill all the POIs in the vicinity, there are like 3 at least.

6. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

You can use a explosive charge or similar to take out the core from below, if you know the spot in the ceiling.

7. Samoja

Samoja Commander

Damnit, too many Zirax POIs, they are like cockroackes. And i am getting real sick of them constantly sending rocket drones after me, they should have gotten a hint by now, piss me of at their own peril.

8. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

I normally just fly straight in with a small SV and land on one of the pads (turrets have no sight there), get out and run to the core, taking out any Zirax that might have spawned, shoot the core. Done in a minute, then take care of any other spawnings. Also get the materials for the turrets too. Can also approach from above and go straght down, with even shorter distance to the core, but then need a tiny SV.

9. Samoja

Samoja Commander

Issue is when you have a laggy game this does not work so well, when you turn left and then you need to wait 30 seconds for your PC to finish turning left it will somewhat impact your reflexes to say the least.

10. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

If so laggy, then maybe find another server or upgrade your gaming rig (if already play on lowest settings). Else need a better vessel that can take hits during the lag period and good armor. Even more important to take the core as fast as possible.

There are strategies that can be used, that might be a bit cheesy for some. Like spawn vessels inside that are protected walls or/and have turrets. Even so small vessels that can go through doors and elevators, with gatiling.

11. Samoja

Samoja Commander

Well it's not THAT laggy, it usually lags just about 1 or 2 seconds, but in a combat situation, it may as well be a minute. I play SP, and i am on a laptop so i can't upgrade, my CPU and GPU are welded to the motherboard, i would have to replace the whole laptop to upgrade and i don't have cash for it RN.

12. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

Then do as easy and fast steps as possible to take the core, so any lag have as little impact as possible. If you have heavy armor with boosts, then sentry turrets and most Zirax's does not do that much damage, shotgun (close) and rocket that are dangerous. Sometimes if you stop to take out less dangerous defenses (and/or loot), it give time to spawn even more.

13. Samoja

Samoja Commander

Yeah, that's more or less what i am doing, and the HV with a healing station helps too.