Are Polaris and Zirax neutral towards each other ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pierre-Luc Vincent, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Pierre-Luc Vincent

Hi! I'm having lots of fun with Alpha 9.

So i was chilling in friendly Polaris territory, contributing to their uh.. environmental initiatives.. while all of a sudden, 4 Zirax drones enter the territory and start attacking me with missiles and what-not. After getting rid of those, a large one arrived.

What I'm wondering is, is it normal that all the Polaris Security turrets dont fire on Zirax drones ? Even if those launch missiles in their territory ?

Fractalite likes this.
  2. SifVerT

SifVerT Commander

They're not friends, Eleon chose to not let them fire upon each other, probably because it can be exploited.

3. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Well, the official factions page is here: http://empyriongame.com/factions/
    I don't think they're meant to fire on each other. But i'm sure in future there will be more faction dynamics between factions, so that if a zirax drone attacks you in polaris territory it'll affect their own reputations with each other.

Fractalite likes this.
  4. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Yeah, like Vermillion said; check the ole lore out. It is minimalist but will be greatly expanded over time and then yeah, at some point... hopefully on the sooner side of things, there will be more... interactions... yeah, that is what we will call them. "Interactions" :cool::D

5. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Alien faction used to shoot at Zirax faction, it was cool to watch.

6. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    All the factions that are "officially" added right now are kind of not friends, but cooperate with each other to some extend. Polaris and Zirax are in some sort of "cold war" state, observing each other and not really trusting each other. Small battles might be carried out by their "substitutes" (hired soldiers, like the player; see Polaris and Zirax companion missions) but they will never engage "officially"

SifVerT likes this.