Armor is too slow now

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stampy, Jan 30, 2022.

1. Stampy

Stampy Lieutenant

Since the last patch, armor is too slow in my opinion. I know I saw a post somewhere saying armor with EVA mod is slower, and the official reply was "working as intended now" but even without the EVA armors are too slow, especially the heavy armor. Using various mixes meant for combat, and none allow an acceptable level of movement. Even with mobility and multi-boosts, heavy armor is like walking through molasses, making it pointless to wear.

Anyone else have this experience?

Wanev likes this.
  2. Elyrae

Elyrae Ensign

*raises hand*

Me... I noticed it too. I started noticing it a couple days ago when I asked a friend if it was me or the game that I am walking like molasses speed in Heavy Armor. I had to take off the heavy armor and run around when I am in looting mode after sacking an enemy base especially when the base is so huge with 4 levels deep. I was not pleased with the speed so I decided to switch to Light Armor, losing 2 mods in that process to have some speed in walking or running.

3. VulcanTourist

VulcanTourist Lieutenant

No, but then I long ago modded the armor and boosts to align its behavior with my own vision, in which it's more like a powered and augmented exosuit, of the sort that I grew up reading about in science fiction novels, rather than a 15th-Century knight's suit of armor with electronics bolted onto it. Currently, perhaps in part to an effect of this fix, with epic heavy armor and four multiboosts I can walk faster than you can run, and can easily outpace raptors. I will have to dial some things back a bit.

4. Elyrae

Elyrae Ensign

Last edited: Jan 31, 2022